08-04-08, 11:58 AM   #1
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Download Category Organization

Howdy, folks! I've been doing some rearranging of the download categories on the AddOns tab - changed some descriptions, added a couple new categories, moved things around... /hugs to Cairenn for doing the actual adding of cats and changing descriptions, as that takes admin privs.

For authors with addons currently on the site:
  • Please double-check to make sure your addons are in the categories that they belong in
  • If I did miss moving any, send me a PM with a link to your addon and your desired category location
  • I also saw some addons with notes that they will no longer be maintained - these I moved to the "Outdated" category
  • If you have stopped development on your addon and wish for it to be moved to "Outdated", PM me.
  • If your addon is in the "Beta" category and you wish for it to be moved, PM me.

For authors uploading addons to WoWI for the first time:
  • Read through category descriptions to find where your addon best belongs
  • Descriptions for sub-categories may be found by clicking on their parent category
  • If you are unsure of which category your addon falls under, or it covers several, you may drop it in "Miscellaneous"

We are looking into a system to better aid authors in categorizing their addons and users in finding them, but we do not currently have a timeline for its implementation. For now, let's make due with what we have, and let us all try to keep things organized.

Thank you!
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » Download Category Organization