08-02-05, 06:48 AM   #1
Szandos
A Defias Bandit
Moving loot window

I have a problem, namely that the popup loot window which lets you roll on looted items pops up over my buttons (using discord). It would't be a problem if ppl just would keep from looting during battle.... Any way to have it popup on another place????
08-02-05, 08:36 AM   #2
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
Move Anything!

08-02-05, 10:10 AM   #3
Lozareth
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I believe the frame names for those windows are GroupLootFrame1, 2, 3, and 4. You'd use the command /move GroupLootFrame1 to add those frames to MoveAnything's list.
08-03-05, 03:46 PM   #4
Szandos
A Defias Bandit
Perfect, will try that!
08-03-05, 10:34 PM   #5
Itanius
Wrath of Evil

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Lozareth
I believe the frame names for those windows are GroupLootFrame1, 2, 3, and 4. You'd use the command /move GroupLootFrame1 to add those frames to MoveAnything's list.
GroupLootFrame1 worked, by the way. Thanks!
08-05-05, 07:36 AM   #6
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Amazing, I was just going to ask this same question. I have my minigroup For myself, my target and my pet all in the bottom center of my screen and when a Roll/Pass window pops up I can't see my health, or if two pop up I cant even see my target's window.

I was reading over MoveAnything, but it's really alot more than I need, and it's config button will steal the spot on my settings menu that is currently occupied by MyAddOns, which I support. Unless MoveAnything can put it's menu inside of MyAddOns or just not create a button at all, I doubt I'll use it.

Are there any other solutions?
08-07-05, 09:26 AM   #7
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Wow, I guess this isn't the place for new ides, but just where you go to get one tired answer...
08-07-05, 10:15 AM   #8
Littlejohn
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This site has GREAT ideas. You are confusing "why don't you people reinvent the wheel 'cause I don't like the spokes on this one" with new ideas. (Sorry, I don't mean to be nasty, but you just smeared a ton of good people and I'm a little annoyed...)

The main menu button conflict you have can probably be solved with MoveAnything's GameMenu_AddButton function. (If not, I'd work it out with the author because he clearly cares about the issue. His e-mail is in the readme.txt that comes with MoveAnything.)
08-07-05, 09:24 PM   #9
Keovar
A Fallenroot Satyr

Is there not a script function that can reposition a frame?

The analogy you give is bad... this is more like someone just needing a shovel for their little garden and being told to use a backhoe instead.

Edit: Tried it anyway... and while I can duplicate a couple of the moves and hides I was already doing with other mods, I can't move the GroupLootFrame1 because it returns a message saying it can only be moved while it is visible. There was a similar problem I ran into with Kaitlin's MiniGroup until they added the ability to show a dummy frame for party members so you can fix your UI on your own time and not have to wait until you're grouped.

I can just see it now... "Hold on guys, can't roll yet, I need to stop in the middle of Sunken Temple to fiddle with my UI..."

Other than the fact that it's overkill for the issue I was having and that to make use of it I would have to find a rather patient group (rare spawn), it looks like a well crafted addon. Do the alterations persist if the mod is removed?

As to my other comment, that was mostly just frustration, so sorry for the trollishness. I do appreciate the work of those with the real quality mods, even the ones that I no longer use.

Last edited by Keovar : 08-07-05 at 11:00 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Moving loot window