03-09-09, 11:16 AM   #1
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
F3 oUF layout =P

How do u think guys, should i release it? I just made it for personal use and dunno if any1 else will like it =P

Now it is still in development but i have pre-beta SS =P
balkeep.110mbDOTcom/imgs/111.jpg
ADD: (DOT = "." !!!)

Last edited by Balkeep : 03-09-09 at 11:41 AM.
03-09-09, 11:40 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
You might wish to fix your link.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-09-09, 11:48 AM   #3
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

That is amazing, but as Seerah said: Fix your link.

I like the originality, the color seems a bit odd though!
03-09-09, 11:52 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

A unique layout. Not sure on the color.

Regarding your SS, why obscure the link? If you are worried about spam bots, then rehost the image on another host like HDImage or Photobucket. Or just attach the image to your post like I just did:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	111.jpg
Views:	381
Size:	205.7 KB
ID:	2340  

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-09-09 at 11:54 AM.
03-09-09, 12:03 PM   #5
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

The reason for that way of representation of the link is that somewhy engine of the forum makes 110mbDOTcom into *********. look "balkeep.**********/imgs/111.jpg" hehe =P
well... color is original tbh.
look at this:

So yeah its exactly 1aff8b =P

Last edited by Balkeep : 03-09-09 at 12:09 PM.
03-09-09, 12:23 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Ah, well, if the url is filtered, it means that spam or questionable files were linked to there at one point or another.

Ahh... it was inspired by Fallout - I thought it looked a bit familiar.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-09-09, 01:19 PM   #7
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

Yep =) F3= Fallout 3. Well i think ill finish it till 2morrow's evening and then release. Im planing to make whole UI in f3 style =P

ADD1: New version

Not sure about the power bar tbh... Still experimenting with it.

ADD2: Latest version so far... taadaaam:

Last edited by Balkeep : 03-09-09 at 05:26 PM.
03-10-09, 07:15 AM   #8
John_Edward
A Kobold Labourer
I thought this was kinda neat, so I threw up my idea quickly in paint.
Personally I would keep the target in the centre and bring mana etc below my own HP.

Also, remember that FO3 has White, Green, Blue and Amber colour choices for the HUD
03-10-09, 07:30 AM   #9
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

where did you get the font? would love to have it.

and nice idea, really.. since i played f3 alot (also previous fallout games) i am an huge fan and thats really cool... but the idea john_edward brings in is nice (for positions i mean, player mana etc looks n1 as it is).
03-10-09, 08:29 AM   #10
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

I am huge fun of whole F serie aswell =P even ft =P

John_Edward Well yeah ur positioning idea is kinda good, i need to think bout it tbh.

Meantime i finished the layout (well it can be beta now actually haha) for all the solo frames and im not sure yet wich UF ill use for party/raid (ofc i have oUF in mind but PerfectRaid seems descent aswell).
Last screenshot of what i have

Last edited by Balkeep : 03-10-09 at 09:42 AM.
03-10-09, 11:12 AM   #11
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

the other font was better :<

but idea is nice, i would love if you release it when its done! wanna get my hands on it
03-10-09, 12:44 PM   #12
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

Well i will play with fonts a bit more. Monofonto is good indeed but... well u just need to see that ingame. I guess ill post the version i have here now so u guys can test it a bit and tell ur sujestions before the thing goes public. I guess i will release it tomorrow so if u could try it out and tell what u think before like 6-7pm tomorrow it would be awesome.

ADD: What really bothers me now its castbar... wtb really stylish idea that will fit perfectly into the design... I ave something in mind, think ill come out with something (photoshop picture i guess, doubt ill have working version) Mmmm... playing now a bit and it seems i need to tweak ToT and FoT frames a bit more... Ill go for it after raid )
Attached Files
File Type: zip NoMutantsAllowed_for_oUF_Alfa.zip (138.0 KB, 210 views)

Last edited by Seerah : 03-10-09 at 02:49 PM. Reason: removed outside link and replaced with attachment (we try not to link out to unreliable download sources for user safety)
03-10-09, 01:45 PM   #13
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I think it is absolutely beautiful!
I would need to change some sizes and positions to make it fit my old 4:3 monitor, but thats just nitpicking.

What do you use for your own buffs?

One thing I personally would like to see is target and focus names under the respective frames.
Its quite often I forget who I focused and instead of refocusing I just check the name. Same with targets.

About the party, I think a lesser version of Playerframe would be cool.
03-10-09, 02:31 PM   #14
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

Names is always a pain for me =P Always no size for it. I will try ur idea with positioning it below thou, i will se what ill get.

Party... Im still not sure. I dont want it to take to much space, im almost sure i will use something REALLY minimalistic. I have an idea for that aswell. To tell the long story short i want to make 5 letter-names and health bar with texture i use for pet bar on the left of it, may be some Auras below (i doubt =). Not sure about it thou.

Bout my own buffs... Well for now im not using anything but im almoust sure ElkanoBuffBars will fit perfectly into the design with right font+texture (thou i HATE Ace2), so may be it will be SimpleBuffBars (i remember that mod from pre-tbc, not sure if its still being maintained so...)

Also minimap... Its pure pain tbh. Now im trying oMinimap (i just love Haste's coding style) and i guess it will work with some interogation from my side, thou i would like to have some addon that just hides everything (including border) and KEEPs the thing ROUND =P If u know anything that works like that let me know pls.
03-10-09, 03:27 PM   #15
eiszeit
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

for minimap try radar ... if its not working anymore.. try to fix it
03-10-09, 04:23 PM   #16
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Names are a pain, imo because of seriously oversized titles.
Ambassador-of-really-long-names Jack, should have an option to be displayed as just Jack.
Player names are a bit better, since they have a somewhat limited character length.
03-10-09, 04:28 PM   #17
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

"Names are a pain, imo because of seriously oversized titles." Perfectly said, i really have nothing to add, but i can always rape (like make it MAX 12 character long or smth) the name string =P Thou sometimes then it looks funny, if not stupid =P

Thanks for radar, ill look into it =P

ADD1: Mmmm... Well... Radar is nice and even almost fits the design, and it could actually do with some recoloring, but i just see the minimap in a different way in my UI. It will bring a lot of atmosphere from F3 in my version and will actually be essential part of interface =P just wait for it to hit the shelves, ill do my best with it =P

About the fonts shizzle, i rolled back to Monofonto with OUTLINE, still i hate blizzard for not allowing to recolor OUTLINE shadow but IMO it still looks better like that then other my variants. Also i almost finished my work on buffs and castbar. Group frames will follow aswell really soon, so i hope to present somewhat "almost done" picture in nearest future.

ADD2: Well sorry for the delay, but i had really ****ty day 2day, thou i have a tiny update on this... Castbars will look like this

And i also add parameter to alter the color of the whole thingy, that will work well i suppose...

Last edited by Balkeep : 03-11-09 at 02:51 PM.
03-12-09, 01:32 AM   #18
karmamuscle
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Nice looking castbar, very true to the UF design.

About the names
Originally Posted by Balkeep View Post
...but i can always rape (like make it MAX 12 character long or smth) the name string =P Thou sometimes then it looks funny, if not stupid =P
I agree, rather not have names than shortened names where its likely to end up as "Ambassador of re" to give an example.

I have no real idea how it works in the game, but they should split names up, both player and npcs, so you can remove the title or some generic name prefix like:

Gnoll Slayer
Gnoll Guardian
Gnoll Uberbadfurball

I really only need to know the speciality of the mob, not what race it is.
But thats probably a whole other issue and should be posted at blizz
Just started typing, not really awake yet.

Can't wait to see the rest of the UF
03-12-09, 05:01 AM   #19
Balkeep
A Cyclonian

After making a really strong research on names i can tell for sure that its not possible to exclude title from NPCs name. U cant actually get the title of ur target aswell but i have an idea how to rape the name function in case of players.
Basically the idea is to make GetNumTitles(), then make the table of known titles by making GetTitleName() for each number form that table, and then to exclude every possible string from PlayerName() with gsub()...
Dunno how fast it will work thou =P i need to test it out.

I guess i will make it later cuz i want to release the oUF layout asap as a preview of whole UI and then focus on graphics and style shizzle =P

Yesterday i was trying to make Minimap border but two attempts failed. The pictures and textures i have from Fallout is not good enough for the ingame border, so i guess i will just make something with bare hands =P

ADD1: Well party concept, comments are more then welcome!

Last edited by Balkeep : 03-12-09 at 08:10 AM.
03-12-09, 09:13 AM   #20
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I think the health bars are too thick or too solid - especially for that bright of a color. Use the |||| texture for the health bars, but leave the mana bars solid. Will somewhat mimic the other ufs that way.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » F3 oUF layout =P