03-18-10, 10:50 AM   #1
Epixor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

1Pixel issue

Not sure how to really call it but my problem that has been bugging me since i started customizing my UI is that whenever i work with addons that has a background to it the borders seem to "bug/Skipp?" certain pixels on my screen when i move the frames around. Got a screenie for referral:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/9...1817325997.png

So thatīs my Grid Lay/out atm and i think u will get a idea where as i want the Health bars to be totally surrounded with a black line. When i move/resize the bars one side might be sorted but another side will "bug/Skipp?" a pixel, very annoying.

Does anyone know how to sort this ?
03-18-10, 10:56 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
/run SetCVar("useUiScale", 1)
/run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"));
/run SetMultisampleFormat(1)
03-18-10, 11:07 AM   #3
Epixor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Code:
/run SetCVar("useUiScale", 1)
/run SetCVar("uiScale", 768/string.match(({GetScreenResolutions()})[GetCurrentResolution()], "%d+x(%d+)"));
/run SetMultisampleFormat(1)
I was just talking about "UI scale" with a guildie, turning it off makes it look like this:
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/628...1818003758.png
What i call "Grandpa mode"

and What i have now, turn on max Low
http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9...1818022599.png
03-18-10, 11:26 AM   #4
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=27938

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
03-18-10, 11:34 AM   #5
Dawn
A Molten Giant

People should really learn to set up their UI properly. UI Scale isn't needed at all if you set the size of frames properly. Since small things don't need to get scaled down even more, right? A lot of default addon's frame sizes (height, width) are just way to big for the normal user, but then again changing the size is a solution that doesn't need an UIScale, too.

It does help to get things to be "pixelperfect", though. Because of the way WoW handles texture sizes depending on screen resolution. It's not the only way, however. It helps to avoid size values and frame positions that are uneven (121, 13, ...).

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

03-18-10, 12:06 PM   #6
Epixor
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Solved i guess, moved the slider one notch. Have to rejust like my entire ui addons tough, is it worth it just for the grid borders?...
03-18-10, 02:13 PM   #7
Taryble
A Molten Giant

Honestly, once you have your UI Scale properly set (via MrRuben's macro), and you spend the time to readjust your UI to the new scale, you'll be much happier - you won't have difficulty making things line up exactly, borders won't be irregular, etc, etc. I resisted making the change for a very long time (from absolute minimum scale - 64%), but once I did, I was very happy.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » 1Pixel issue