10-06-09, 07:31 PM   #1
Republic
Paladin

Looking For Answers

Hey guys, I'm having a problem that I've never seen before. It seems to have started around the time of the last mini-patch, although I'm not certain it may be related to the patch.

My key bindings are randomly wiped to zero. Not only are the default settings gone, nothing is bound. Also, I lose custom settings with the default interface such as mouse look speeds, chat bubbles, tool tips, auto loot, etc. All of this happens on every toon when it happens. I never can tell when it's going to happen. It just happened again tonight and I thought I'd ask here for assistance or more information.

I don't run that many mods. The only ones that would be interface related are Titan Panel, Atlas, Atlas Loot Enhanced, and maybe Clique. I don't have anything running on my computer that looks "abnormal" (no strange processes, etc.). I'm virus free, malware free, and everything I use is updated (operating system, game, mods, etc.).

Any thoughts? I have a friend that had this happen as well. Some guildies have also mentioned this problem. Anyone know what's going on? Is this a game issue? a mod issue? or both?

Thanks
10-06-09, 08:37 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

Are those the exact number of mods you have? What is your OS? Do you have your recycle bin set to automatically delete permanently? Is the time/calendar setting on your OS set correctly? What web browser do you use? Do you use any UI updater programs?
10-06-09, 09:20 PM   #3
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Might be a problem with/without server-side settings.

Visit this page:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=2#34

Use /script print(GetCVar("blah")) on those console variables to see if you're saving
settings locally or server-side.
10-06-09, 10:07 PM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

That is exactly what it is. I've had this happen as well since the mini-patch, with no AddOn changes. Not that it matters, but I run Linux.

BTW: It also ate your macros.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
10-06-09, 11:27 PM   #5
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

As Dridzt said, it might be a problem serverside, try running the following macro:

/console synchronizeConfig 0
/console synchronizeBindings 0
/console synchronizeMacros 0

Replace the 0's with 1's to turn the settings back to normal.
10-07-09, 02:24 AM   #6
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Might be a problem with/without server-side settings.

Visit this page:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...=1&pageNo=2#34

Use /script print(GetCVar("blah")) on those console variables to see if you're saving
settings locally or server-side.
Thanks for the Blizzard forum link. As I suspected, it's one huge steaming pile of badly implemented game changes. It appears to me that this change is in essence equivalent to a "roaming profile" on a network so that players can log in and play from any computer and have certain custom settings already set up for them, etc. That seems like a good idea (although frankly I think it's useless), but the implementation of this (from my own experiences and from reading that long forum link) is horrible. This change isn't even working for me when I use ONE computer. I don't understand why they've apparently included things like graphics settings, etc. into the "server side profile", as I don't know too many people using identical computers from multiple locations. Go figure people having different graphics needs/settings/etc.

Anyway, I'll pass this off as another steaming pile of Blizzard progress for the time being and deal with trying to keep this "feature" disabled. The console commands posted here as well as the Blizzard forums do not work 100% of the time. I just experimented with it and have had different results following the same process 3 different times.

Why can't they leave well-enough alone and stick to recoloring mounts and adding new teddy bears for us to run around with? You know, game development progress kind of stuff...

/rolls eyes
10-07-09, 02:29 AM   #7
Republic
Paladin

One other thing...

Shouldn't putting the following lines in a config.wtf file disable all these synchronization issues permanently?

SET synchronizeSettings "0"
SET synchronizeConfig "0"
SET synchronizeBindings "0"
SET synchronizeMacros "0"

Anyone know of any other variable that would apply here?

Thanks for all the info in this thread.

As an update, this edit of my config.wtf seems to have done the trick. I haven't had this issue since entering the above in the file. My fingers are crossed it remains without error.

Last edited by Republic : 10-07-09 at 04:10 AM.
10-15-09, 11:24 PM   #8
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

To answer your question: as far as I'm aware, some (all?) commands issued with /console automatically add or change the respective entry in your Config.wtf. Don't quote me on that, though.
10-16-09, 03:45 AM   #9
Republic
Paladin

As an update to my previous post, after putting those lines in my config.wtf file, I have yet to have any of the issues described as problems in this thread, or in the wow forums thread(s).

If you have this problem, do what I did in my previous post. It seems to have solved the problem until the next great Blizzard "fix" comes along to break it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Looking For Answers