05-23-09, 01:51 AM   #1
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Question Who drops what?

I know there is an addon that well tell you where certain items drop from specifically rares and higher when you mouse over them. But for the life of me I can't remember then name of it.

thanks

05-23-09, 02:24 AM   #2
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Are you thinking of Atlas Loot Enhanced?

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
05-23-09, 02:51 AM   #3
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

well this is what i use

its called AtlaslootReversed .. simply amazing
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...otReverse.html

but it does require you to have AtlaslootEnhanced as well
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...tEnhanced.html
05-23-09, 05:09 AM   #4
tinyu
A Molten Giant

yeah AtlasLoot

Originally Posted by Baltharus View Post
well this is what i use

thanks for pointing that one out
05-23-09, 08:14 AM   #5
Sythalin
Curse staff

well this is what i use

its called AtlaslootReversed
Well crap, I didn't even know this existed. Was wondering how all my friends seemed to have all the boss drops memorized...
05-23-09, 08:16 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

well this is what i use

Is there another addon that does this, that doesn't require me to install a second addon? I can't use AtlasLoot
05-23-09, 09:12 AM   #7
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I use LootDB. It is abit outdated, so the newest items might not show (last bosses of ulduar) but it has been working like a charm for me so far.
05-23-09, 09:25 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Jooze View Post
I use LootDB. It is abit outdated, so the newest items might not show (last bosses of ulduar) but it has been working like a charm for me so far.
Oooo thank you! Doesn't look like the one here is updated, but the one over at Curse is a bit more recent.
05-23-09, 11:43 AM   #9
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
Is there another addon that does this, that doesn't require me to install a second addon? I can't use AtlasLoot
Ooro?

why can you use atlaslootenhanced?
05-23-09, 12:08 PM   #10
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Jooze View Post
By "a bit" outdated, you mean a lot outdated . It has no drops from any WotLK instance at all (not just Ulduar) as it was last updated over a year ago. Making it next to useless for anyone over level 68. But as a poster above mentioned, the version of it from Curse has more updated info than the one here.

Two superior tooltip-drop-info alternatives (other than AtlasLoot/AtlasLootReverse) that are regularly updated and have all current drop info:

--Tekkub's Engravings (latest alpha versions from this link. The alpha versions are sometimes newer than the WowInterface download, with newer info).
--Mendeleev (latest alpha versions from this link. The alpha versions are almost always newer than the WowInterface download).

What's the problem? If you can install & run other addons without issue, you can install & run AtlasLoot without issue.

Be sure you have the latest version and if you use Atlas, get its latest version too.
05-23-09, 02:00 PM   #11
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

well as I have used atlasloot reversed as well as loot db and as well as mendeleev, I prefer the one I use called Class Loot. It does a bit more than tell you where things drop but thats why I like it, it rates gear and tells you what classes would better utilize it over other classes. While I know what to roll on, its nice for me to know if someone else could make better use of it than I can and if another person can I'll pass to them, after all sharing is caring.

- Winston Churchill
05-23-09, 02:52 PM   #12
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Zidomo View Post
By "a bit" outdated, you mean a lot outdated . It has no drops from any WotLK instance at all (not just Ulduar) as it was last updated over a year ago. Making it next to useless for anyone over level 68. But as a poster above mentioned, the version of it from Curse has more updated info than the one here.

Two superior tooltip-drop-info alternatives (other than AtlasLoot/AtlasLootReverse) that are regularly updated and have all current drop info:

--Tekkub's Engravings (latest alpha versions from this link. The alpha versions are sometimes newer than the WowInterface download, with newer info).
--Mendeleev (latest alpha versions from this link. The alpha versions are almost always newer than the WowInterface download).

What's the problem? If you can install & run other addons without issue, you can install & run AtlasLoot without issue.

Be sure you have the latest version and if you use Atlas, get its latest version too.
Thank you for even more ideas to try! I'll check each one out and see which one works best for me.

There's two addons that I cannot run. AtlasLoot and Auctioneer (latest versions when I downloaded them). On a fresh install of WoW with no other addons accept Atlasloot, it tanks my FPS down to 5. Auctioneer does the same thing. Normally I run with about 33 addons and in 10 man Nax I get roughly 66 FPS. I install those two addons, my FPS tanks. I delete them and my FPS is fine. My old machine did the same thing, and when I built my new one I was so sure I wouldn't have that issue... but I do.

Glad I found this thread so that I can try some new goodies! Thanks for posting the links
05-23-09, 03:51 PM   #13
WeeBaby
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Man, what kind of discussion did I start?

Perhaps I should clarify and make sure its understood what it is I am looking for. So all these addons that you have all mentioned will allow me to see what bosses or instances a loot drops from in the tootip when I mouse over it? Like when I am inspecting gear on someone else?

Sorry if I created confusion

Thanks

05-23-09, 04:03 PM   #14
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

The addons posted previously show data in the tooltip on what instance and boss the item drops. So, whenever you mouse-over an item that is obtainable through an instance, the drop data will be shown for that item.

So to answer your question: Yes.
05-24-09, 11:51 AM   #15
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by WeeBaby View Post
Perhaps I should clarify and make sure its understood what it is I am looking for. So all these addons that you have all mentioned will allow me to see what bosses or instances a loot drops from in the tootip when I mouse over it? Like when I am inspecting gear on someone else?
ClassLoot does not. It shows what classes a particular drop is best for in the tooltip and that's it. Very useful when you are a master looter when raiding, but not what you are looking for.

Engravings & Mendeleev both provide what you are looking for--in the tooltip, what boss/mob drops an item. So does LootDB (the updated version from Curse only), but the other two have superior design.

Mendeleev also provides the "drop percentage" rates from a mob in the tooltip like AtlasLoot does. Engravings doesn't provide that, but allows you to optionally display an iLevel, "weighted" iLevel, stack size, Wowhead "class value" assessment & more.

For the Wowhead "class value", it detects the class you are playing and shows you numbers for your class showing you the item's Wowhead "value" number. It shows up to three different numbers showing you Wowhead's value for all your character's talent specs. The mod also allows you to create a custom "engraving" on an item (i.e. "This was a gift from my gf/bf").

There's two addons that I cannot run. AtlasLoot and Auctioneer (latest versions when I downloaded them). On a fresh install of WoW with no other addons accept Atlasloot, it tanks my FPS down to 5. Auctioneer does the same thing. Normally I run with about 33 addons and in 10 man Nax I get roughly 66 FPS. I install those two addons, my FPS tanks. I delete them and my FPS is fine. My old machine did the same thing, and when I built my new one I was so sure I wouldn't have that issue... but I do.
Sounds like an issue with something other than those addons.

I've done extensive testing of both over the years of both of those mods with both a very old (minimal spec) PC and a brand new one. They have never created lag themselves. They both use minimal CPU time (a primary cause of lag).

However, they both use a lot of memory. If you are, say, trying to run WoW with 1GB of memory or less (including the tons of background junk most people usually have on thier PCs), WoW will slow to a crawl. Due to your PC having to access its swap file on the hard drive when WoW uses increased memory--due to high-memory addons, walking around Dalaran, etc..

But by default, they don't even load into memory until you access them. Auctioneer doesn't load it its saved auction data until you open a tooltip (after you log on). AtlasLoot doesn't load at all until you bring it up through Atlas (via clicking a boss/mob) or manually after you log on. Both can be set in options to load completely when you log on, as opposed to the default of loading only when you access them.

So if your new PC has 2GB of main memory (or more), there is something else going on creating lag besides those two addons. Might want to try the most recent versions of AtlasLoot/Auctioneer again.
05-24-09, 12:20 PM   #16
Baltharus
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thank you for even more ideas to try! I'll check each one out and see which one works best for me.

Glad I found this thread so that I can try some new goodies! Thanks for posting the links

thats strange cause i have no problems on my crappy 6 year old comp (other than the usual crappyness ) with atlasloot .. hmm.. have you tried talking to the mod author to see what it might be?
05-24-09, 01:58 PM   #17
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Class Loot does, its a setting in the options. I dont know if you just read the page for it or downloaded it but I am running it and its the only tooltip modification addon I am running besides rating buster and I specifically remember enabling class loot to show where things drop in the options.

So unless thats an older version I linked in the link, it shows it fine. it even supports LinkWrangler if you happen to use it as I had to request for the feature to be added to it. Anyways figured I would defend my post, so feel free to check it out.

- Winston Churchill

Last edited by Miralen : 05-24-09 at 02:05 PM.
05-24-09, 02:28 PM   #18
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Zidomo View Post

Sounds like an issue with something other than those addons.

I've done extensive testing of both over the years of both of those mods with both a very old (minimal spec) PC and a brand new one. They have never created lag themselves. They both use minimal CPU time (a primary cause of lag).

However, they both use a lot of memory. If you are, say, trying to run WoW with 1GB of memory or less (including the tons of background junk most people usually have on thier PCs), WoW will slow to a crawl. Due to your PC having to access its swap file on the hard drive when WoW uses increased memory--due to high-memory addons, walking around Dalaran, etc..

But by default, they don't even load into memory until you access them. Auctioneer doesn't load it its saved auction data until you open a tooltip (after you log on). AtlasLoot doesn't load at all until you bring it up through Atlas (via clicking a boss/mob) or manually after you log on. Both can be set in options to load completely when you log on, as opposed to the default of loading only when you access them.

So if your new PC has 2GB of main memory (or more), there is something else going on creating lag besides those two addons. Might want to try the most recent versions of AtlasLoot/Auctioneer again.
No, it's the addons. Auctioneer is even mentioned by Datth in one of the sticky threads on the tech support forum as a one of the many addons that cause poor gaming performance (FPS issues). I volunteer there sometimes and have helped many, many people clear up FPS issues by merely removing those addons.

My old machine was a Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86Ghz, 2GB Corsair gaming ram, and a Geforce 8800 GT. My new machine is Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz, 4GB GSkill gaming ram, and a Saphire Radeon 1GB GDDR5 4870. Everything has been tested on XP, Vista, and several beta versions of Windows 7.

Both of those machines are completely different, and the new machine doesn't have a single piece of hardware (accept for the backup drive, mouse and keyboard) from the old machine. Everything in it is new, even all the cables and monitor.
05-24-09, 02:39 PM   #19
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

thats strange cause i have no problems on my crappy 6 year old comp (other than the usual crappyness ) with atlasloot .. hmm.. have you tried talking to the mod author to see what it might be?
I spoke to the creator of Auctioneer first, and got no where. Figured I'd get about the same from the other so I didn't bother. Removing both addons fixed the issue and I never had another screen pause or tank in my FPS.
05-26-09, 03:03 PM   #20
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant

No, it's the addons. Auctioneer is even mentioned by Datth in one of the sticky threads on the tech support forum as a one of the many addons that cause poor gaming performance (FPS issues). I volunteer there sometimes and have helped many, many people clear up FPS issues by merely removing those addons.

My old machine was a Core 2 Duo 6300 1.86Ghz, 2GB Corsair gaming ram, and a Geforce 8800 GT. My new machine is Core 2 Duo E8400 3Ghz, 4GB GSkill gaming ram, and a Saphire Radeon 1GB GDDR5 4870. Everything has been tested on XP, Vista, and several beta versions of Windows 7.

Both of those machines are completely different, and the new machine doesn't have a single piece of hardware (accept for the backup drive, mouse and keyboard) from the old machine. Everything in it is new, even all the cables and monitor.
Never reproduced those FPS issues here with extensive testing of both (in the past few months) on both PCs here. My old one was even older than yours: circa-2003 3GHz P4, 1 GB RDRAM, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro...heh. So don't know what the problem is. One thing you may want to do is some testing with a "CPU/memory profiler" utility such as OptionlessHouse.

Some current results here with AtlasLoot v5.05.00 & Auctioneer (Suite) 5.5.4254:
--AtlasLoot (and its separate modules): 1.146MB initial memory load, 0.0 "Mem/sec" (the amount it increases/decreases per second), 0.0 CPU/Sec. Opening instance modules separately (for example, looking at "Deadmines" loads the "AtlasLoot_OriginalWoW" module) will increase memory used. But once you close AtlasLoot and go back to the game, those modules also use 0.0 mem/sec & 0.0 cpu/sec.

So here at least, AtlasLoot simply can't create lag unless you are trying to look up a ton of stuff by opening AtlasLoot in the middle of a raid (which doesn't happen by default).

--Auctioneer's various modules using varying amouts of initial RAM (8.5MB and less; this amount will vary depending on your database size). More when you mouse over tooltips to initially "load" Auctioneer. When you are not mousing over items in your pack/AH/etc. the Mem/sec level for all its modules is 0.0. When you are mousing over such items, the Mem/sec level for various modules briefly increases, then goes back to 0.0.

CPU/sec, though, is higher. For the "Auc-Auctioneer" module, it continually consumes 0.34 to 0.45 CPU/sec. "Auc:Stat:Classic" uses 0.04 to 0.06 cpu/sec continually. All the other modules use 0.0. When you mouse over an item in your packs/AH/etc., this momentarily spikes. That's higher than several mods, but not exceptionally high. Certainly not enough to cause lag in a raid. On my old PC, I only raised the red flag in testing when a mod consumed more than 1.0 CPU/sec continually.

When Auctioneer finishes a full AH scan, though (only while you have the AH window open), it eats up considerable CPU while it is processing the scan data. This ends in a few minutes and/or when you leave the AH, though. It never happens outside of the AH.

QuestHelper, though, for sure. It uses a monumental amount of CPU time, more than any addon I've ever tested. You can reduce the CPU it consumes with the "/qh perf (percentage number)" command. Even set at, say, 10%, it still uses more than any other addon I've tested.

As I can't reproduce your lag issues with AtlasLoot & Auctioneer, don't know what else to tell you.

Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
Class Loot does, its a setting in the options. I dont know if you just read the page for it or downloaded it but I am running it and its the only tooltip modification addon I am running besides rating buster and I specifically remember enabling class loot to show where things drop in the options.

So unless thats an older version I linked in the link, it shows it fine. it even supports LinkWrangler if you happen to use it as I had to request for the feature to be added to it. Anyways figured I would defend my post, so feel free to check it out.
No, I've been using and testing ClassLoot for years (currently from the WowAce dev site).

But my mistake. Those boss/instance options were added to it as of "r11" from July 23/08 (they were not present before; this addon has been around a long time). And I have never used them, thus forgot about them .

One problem with the current implementation, though. It does not distinguish between "heroic" & "normal" instances, it just shows the boss name and the simple dungeon name. So AtlasLootReverse, Engravings, Mendeleev and (one I forgot about) InspectEquip are better choices if you want specific dungeon drop info.

If you primarily raid, though, ClassLoot is great to combine with one (or more) of those so you can see quickly what class/spec a drop is best for.

Last edited by Zidomo : 05-27-09 at 01:20 PM. Reason: typo

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Who drops what?