05-24-05, 08:26 AM   #1
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
DiivSkins

DiivSkins v2.0:
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=3955

New version is up.

Please see download page for more information. Thank you.

Last edited by diiverr : 06-17-05 at 09:29 AM.
06-14-05, 12:38 PM   #2
Rashnaja
A Kobold Labourer
DiivSkins Action Buttons

This is a really nice mod that can make your UI look really cool.
I spent lots of time on it and really had a good time.

Once I was done moving everything around, I couldn't find a way to place all the spells and stuff correctly. You can't seem to move individual spell/action buttons and assign them to specific areas of the screen. In other words, they can't be moved individually. An action bar moves all together, the entire bar.

The only way I could figure out moving only a few action buttons at a time was to have less actions on the same bar. This ended up being very complicated for me and really screwed up all my action bars.

Is there any way you can make the spots on those skins take in the action and have it assigned to it like if it was a slot on an action bar on its own? I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say.
06-14-05, 01:52 PM   #3
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
Rashnaja,
I'm glad you are enjoying DiivSkins, and thank you for the feedback.

I don't believe this directly applies to your questoin, but here's a couple lines I added to the AddOn description just yesterday to help clarify a PM I had recieved:
What DiivSkins Will Do:
DiivSkins will "paint" auxiliary images onto the two dimensional pane of your user interface that overlays the three dimensional game world.

What DiivSkins Won't Do:
DiivSkins will not give you any extra action buttons. It merely creates a visual backdrop for you to place buttons on from a different source, such as FlexBar. You will need to download this AddOn separately if you wish to augment your Interface with more than the default action button slots provided by Blizzard's main action bar, bottom bars, and side bars.
It sounds like you are clear that DiivSkin doesn't actually create new button slots for you, but rather, just "backdrops" for you to use behind action buttons from another source.

As far as making individually placeable buttons "slots", this is planned, but probably won't be implemented for a while. I do have version 2.0 pretty well in the works, and it does have additional "trays" available. The previously mentioned parent child clunkiness is also gone, as each "tray" is now actually a single contiguous texture that is variable from 1-12 slots in-game via a slider control. (that means much less MoveAnything to scroll through as well) 2.0 will be ready for release fairly soon, so hopefully, the additional trays will provide you with some extra options for your layout configuration. As I said, the individualized button textures are still probably a little ways off. (EDIT: 2.0 is now available as of this posting)

I'm sorry I can't give you a more definitive answer than that. I also hope I understood the question.

(EDIT: the following information is not relevant to the most recent version of DiivSkins.)
The way the "trays" (bars) are currently constructed, you can seperate them out, but it isn't recommended. Each tray's "base" is the parent of it's first additional button "slot" (action button). This relationship is continued, as you work your way down the line adding slots, with each new slot being the child of the slot before it. What that means to you is, when you move the parent "slot" all of it's children will often times follow along. I think(?) maybe this is where you are running into trouble. The best advice I can give to keep the current trays "playing nice" is to only use the hide functionality of the MoveAnything addon where it says "check [Hide] ONLY --->". (In other words, don't try to move those elements)

Last edited by diiverr : 06-17-05 at 09:41 AM.
06-18-05, 08:35 AM   #4
Bugmenot
Banned
bug

when pressing alt+z to hide the ui, the diivskins do not hide. They do hide with moveanything, but this presents a problem when using addons such as "Clean Shot" that automatically hide the ui when taking a screenshot.
06-18-05, 08:50 AM   #5
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
I'm not familiar with the cleanshot mod, or what vehicle it uses to hide elements, but I will look into it.

Just blind speculation, but are you using v2.01? I fixed a parenting issue with the update that might impact your issue.
08-24-05, 03:02 AM   #6
machomaus
A Defias Bandit
Question Is it possible to hide Diivskins in correlation to Flexbar Hide Options?

Hi Diiverr!

First of all: Stylish very fine Addon! A plus to my interface.

I'm using Flexbar as well. So I've done 2 columns that get hidden in combat. Is there any way were the DiivSkins backgrounds can also be hidden?
I'm not very famillar with the programmings of lua. So I don't know where I can edit these things but maybe there is the possibility in this addon and I didn't find it.
08-25-05, 09:17 AM   #7
diiverr
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by machomaus
Hi Diiverr!

First of all: Stylish very fine Addon! A plus to my interface.

I'm using Flexbar as well. So I've done 2 columns that get hidden in combat. Is there any way were the DiivSkins backgrounds can also be hidden?
I'm not very famillar with the programmings of lua. So I don't know where I can edit these things but maybe there is the possibility in this addon and I didn't find it.

I'm so far out of touch right now with all things World of Warcraft, that I can't really begin to give you an answer machomaus. I'm sorry.

What you want to do is actually accomplished with the flexbar addon, in game, using flexscripts. (at least it used to do this) You shouldn't need to do any "hacking" of either addons code.

My best suggestion would be to look over at the flexbar forums (do they still exist?) for advice on showing and hiding elements with /flexbar runscript, or some such.
09-09-05, 10:10 PM   #8
Evenstar
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs down

Um, I'm having problems implementing the skins. I really love this addon and would love to use it, but when I enable it my default UI disappears and I can't bring back the XP bar, bags buttons, mini buttons, latency meter, etc. Is this supposed to happen or am I doing something terribly wrong? I've had to reinstall WoW because of this, because I can't play without a sorted UI, and I don't want to do it again. So, is there a way to keep the default UI and add the enhancements to it?
09-13-05, 05:26 PM   #9
Lemar
A Defias Bandit

Looks like a very neat and tidy mod.

I look forward to trying it out.

Good work!
09-15-05, 07:15 AM   #10
Icern
A Kobold Labourer
the UI dosent work now after 1.7 so are you updateing diivskin or ?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » DiivSkins