AddOn Author - Click to view addons

06-22-10, 08:37 AM   #2662
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Conceptual screenshot:
The OCD in me wants them to line up vertically with the chat frame... Have you tried moving them over to the left a bit?

Originally Posted by excitor View Post
Any feedback would be nice.
Maybe use nibMicroMenu to replace the default micro menu at the bottom center of your screen? Since it can't be skinned by ButtonFacade or Skinner, it doesn't fit. An alternate solution (if you like the feel of having buttons) would be to install just my micromenu plugin for AI-Art - this will at least make the buttons fit a little bit better. /shrug
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-22-10, 10:34 AM   #2663
excitor
A Murloc Raider

Reply to my UI comments

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Maybe use nibMicroMenu to replace the default micro menu at the bottom center of your screen? Since it can't be skinned by ButtonFacade or Skinner, it doesn't fit. An alternate solution (if you like the feel of having buttons) would be to install just my micromenu plugin for AI-Art - this will at least make the buttons fit a little bit better. /shrug
I'll look into the micro menu addons and see what I can do As for the gloss and Lifestep bars (see below) I like it it's "me" and my likes for shiny.

Originally Posted by Wella View Post
I agree with pHishr, the layout here seems pretty good as things fit nicely with each other. However, you should make better use of that huge resolution and just generally make things smaller. Also, yes, please at least remove all the gloss and LiteStep rape.
Originally Posted by pHishr View Post
Swap out X-Perl and LiteStep. Please? =)

And the gloss is waaaaaaay to high, it looks really bad. =(

But too be honest I don't think the layout is bad. It's just the choice of AddOns and skins that make me go 'Eww'.

Also is it allowed to post a new UI if I make any changes to the micro menu for example?

06-22-10, 11:16 AM   #2664
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by excitor View Post
Also is it allowed to post a new UI if I make any changes to the micro menu for example?
You mean another screenshot? Certainly.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-22-10, 11:21 AM   #2665
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
i really tried changing it up this time but it always seems to come back down to the same thing.

idle:

conbat with raid:

06-22-10, 02:10 PM   #2666
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by maurdr View Post
i really tried changing it up this time but it always seems to come back down to the same thing.

idle:

conbat with raid:
A couple of suggestions that I can give at the moment is possibly to move the raid player names into their respective frames, and to either turn their targets off or to give their targets their own frames as well. Having all that text outside of the raid frames just seems (to me) to unnecessarily take up space.

You may also wish to try using matching texture and borders throughout the UI so that it gives everything a more fluid feel.

Possibly make the chatframe a bit more transparent and add a matching border. Looking at the UI, my eyes immediately go right to the chatframe (it's like a big black blob that draws too much attention) instead of other information I should be looking at during battle.

About the LiteStep texture... I've always loved that one! It reminds me of Jolly Rancher candy. =) At any rate, try to use matching borders and textures (you don't want any one thing standing out and taking your attention away from more important things during fights), but first and formost... use the borders and textures that you like the most.

06-22-10, 02:22 PM   #2667
maurdr
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
A couple of suggestions that I can give at the moment is possibly to move the raid player names into their respective frames, and to either turn their targets off or to give their targets their own frames as well. Having all that text outside of the raid frames just seems (to me) to unnecessarily take up space.

You may also wish to try using matching texture and borders throughout the UI so that it gives everything a more fluid feel.

Possibly make the chatframe a bit more transparent and add a matching border. Looking at the UI, my eyes immediately go right to the chatframe (it's like a big black blob that draws too much attention) instead of other information I should be looking at during battle.

About the LiteStep texture... I've always loved that one! It reminds me of Jolly Rancher candy. =) At any rate, try to use matching borders and textures (you don't want any one thing standing out and taking your attention away from more important things during fights), but first and formost... use the borders and textures that you like the most.
thanks for the comments about the raid frames i would love to make the names appear inside the frame and to make the targets disappear but i havent taken anytime to learn lua (im using ouf perfrect if anyone wants to help me with that *winks*) for the chat frame i know its dark and all but i have horrible eyes from staring at computer screens all night and day. but yeah i could probably bring down the transparency on it.

06-22-10, 02:48 PM   #2668
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by maurdr View Post
thanks for the comments about the raid frames i would love to make the names appear inside the frame and to make the targets disappear but i havent taken anytime to learn lua (im using ouf perfrect if anyone wants to help me with that *winks*) for the chat frame i know its dark and all but i have horrible eyes from staring at computer screens all night and day. but yeah i could probably bring down the transparency on it.

I'm still learning and tinkering with LUA myself, but you could post in the UF authors comment thread (or in the oUF forums) and ask which file and on what line you would need to change the X and Y Offsets for the player names.

I'll share my Post-It-Note cheat-sheet with ya though! =)

X Offset: Horizontal
Increase for right
Decrease for left

Y Offset: Vertical
Increase for up
Decrease for down

Tinkering with the code in oUF is a great way to learn a bit of LUA, too. Using Tukui is also another fantastic way to get your feet wet with LUA.

06-22-10, 03:50 PM   #2669
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Awesomely-innovative-original-OOMPH-ish UI

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6...2210234321.jpg

Not really =(

06-22-10, 04:15 PM   #2670
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
pHishr, when did you get a widescreen? Now I really feel alone on my screen besides epiphany >.>

Party shot -

Idle party shot -

edit - was from last night, i didn't capture the actual bloom, I need to start running fraps >.>

06-22-10, 04:29 PM   #2671
Canities
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Been working on this UI for a while and still needs tweaking a little...
Visable addons: Litestats/Panels, stUF, bartender4, button bin with LDB brokers, chinchilla, rectimers, mythreat, gnosis, sexycooldown, tinydps, chatter, bison, msbt, nibMicroMenu, button facade, vuhdo (mainly used for healer classes) and Fux. Inspired by many people here on Wow interface and also over at plusheal and Elitest jerks.
DPS version - In combat:

DPS version - Showing Unit Frames:

DPS version - Showing raid frames:

Healer version - (Raid frame location diffrent)

I prefer to have a seperate chat frame for guild/party and am looking into grabbing Chicchai to minimise the chatframe when its not active. I also need to move the talent text to somewhere less in the way (still trying to get it to shorten the spec name).
Comments/crit welcome.

Cani

06-22-10, 05:21 PM   #2672
Caith
A Murloc Raider

Released v.17 of my CaithUI

Small 2on2 skirmish clip to show the loooooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kV2ws6kCAk

06-22-10, 05:23 PM   #2673
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Caith View Post
Released v.17 of my CaithUI

Small 2on2 skirmish clip to show the loooooks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kV2ws6kCAk
ima take a wild guess here, its either based off tuki, or its "yours" getting inspiration from tuki

06-22-10, 05:54 PM   #2674
Ferous
Sheer Sense of Doom
Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
ima take a wild guess here, its either based off tuki, or its "yours" getting inspiration from tuki
Tuks UI is copying both Caith and Ishtara's DPS conceptual UIs from a while back. You must be new mankeluvsit :P Caith UI has been around since... FOREVER lol.

edit - Here is the original Caith UI Forums - Link - He started making Caith UI back in 2007, maybe even before that.

edit x 2 - Here is Ishtara's UI he has inspiration from, for his bottom panel area - Link, and the UFs are inspired by Caiths UI UFs.

Last edited by Ferous : 06-22-10 at 05:58 PM.

06-22-10, 05:54 PM   #2675
treelet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
Sa-wing and a miss.

06-22-10, 05:55 PM   #2676
xandora
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I think, keyword being think, that CaithUI has been around in that form a lot longer than TukUI.

I think.

NINJA'D TWICE

06-22-10, 06:06 PM   #2677
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

damn that sucks lol, i apologize xD

06-23-10, 03:48 AM   #2678
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Let's see. A chatbox on both left and right side. Actionbars in the center with unit frames on top. Oh yes, Tukz copied Caith for sure!

/end sarcasm.

C'mon, this is silly.

06-23-10, 04:20 AM   #2679
pHishr
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
edit - Here is the original Caith UI Forums - Link - He started making Caith UI back in 2007, maybe even before that.
Oh how I love v10.5, probably the best UI I've ever used.

Originally Posted by Ferous View Post
pHishr, when did you get a widescreen? Now I really feel alone on my screen besides epiphany >.>
I've had one since like February I think =) But I feel your pain, being crippled by the evil that is called 'Small Monitor'.

06-23-10, 04:58 AM   #2680
Wella
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I agree with Petrah. ¬¬

But anyway, the new UI looks damn nice, Caith, except the chat needs to be on the bottom. You defy the basic principle of every MMO's interface. And for that you must be hunted. Oh, nice video, too. Lucky sod, you can play the game at max graphics... those shadows look so nice...
* ncHoverBind - I'm a Lock, what can you expect?
* oGlow - Agan, a missing feature
* Recount - Derp
* ShooShards - Another missing feature

"Your idea is good. So i will try it."
- popmissa

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Screen Shots of your UI...