10-21-14, 10:30 AM   #1
Uggers
A Fallenroot Satyr

Addon fix/help "Mounted"

Hey all,

I'm trying to look for a fix for one of my favourite addons Mounted

The 2 errors I'm getting are;

Code:
70x Mounted\Libs\LibMounts-1.0\LibMounts-1.0-20121017183220.lua:25: table index is nil
Mounted\Libs\LibMounts-1.0\LibMounts-1.0-20121017183220.lua:25: in function <Mounted\Libs\LibMounts-1.0\LibMounts-1.0.lua:21>
(tail call): ?

Locals:
(*temporary) = "COMPANION_LEARNED"
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
and

Code:
70x Mounted\Core.lua:239: attempt to index local 'mntName' (a nil value)
Mounted\Core.lua:239: in function <Mounted\Core.lua:230>
(tail call): ?

Locals:
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
I have no idea what's up with it specially, it might be the Lib-Mount that's causing the errors, I do miss the addon though as it always showed the icon for the mount and also the icon for the in combat and unavailable parts to so I knew what was about to happen, instead of the addons that just show a random icon.

Any help to get it working would be appreciated
10-21-14, 10:36 AM   #2
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This is crossposted.
10-21-14, 08:35 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

Basically everything about the mount API changed. The entire addon would have to be rewritten.
10-21-14, 09:29 PM   #4
Coote
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Yssaril stopped playing around the time I did in early MOP, and I don't think he even plays WoW anymore. Mounted has been broken since I came back for 5.4, and was probably long since dead by then, as well. I'll miss it, as it's the best mount addon I've ever come across.

"This is the fifteen-thousandth four hundredth and ninety-eighth occurence".
10-23-14, 10:17 AM   #5
Uggers
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Coote View Post
Yssaril stopped playing around the time I did in early MOP, and I don't think he even plays WoW anymore. Mounted has been broken since I came back for 5.4, and was probably long since dead by then, as well. I'll miss it, as it's the best mount addon I've ever come across.
Yeah its such a shame, I mean the other mount addons are pretty good to, but they don't have the icon/tooltip auto changes and usually just have their default icon so you can't be 100% sure what's gonna happen until you hit it.
10-23-14, 08:18 PM   #6
Phanx
Cat.

While the new "random favorite mount" feature in 6.0 has allowed to me to get rid of Squire2 (which is fortunate because Squire2 hasn't been updated yet) I've already had to write my own addon to replace built-in random function, since the default UI (a) won't let me set class-specific mounts as favorites, and (b) still summons flying mounts in non-flying areas which, even though they *can* run on the ground, look ridiculous doing so.

I don't have an ETA on a release for my addon (still need to finish fixing my existing addons before I spend time getting a new one into a release-ready state) but I may be persuaded to add useful macro feedback after it's released, since that was something that did annoy me about Squire2 in the past when I had it on a visible button.
10-23-14, 10:10 PM   #7
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Squire2 won't be updated, because Squire3.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
10-23-14, 10:36 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Squire2 won't be updated, because Squire3.
You know, this trend of addon authors creating new projects for new major versions is really annoying. It's the same addon, and the old version won't work anymore. Just use the same damn project page and stop making things difficult for your users for no reason. There's not even a link on the old page, so I guess I'm just supposed to be psychic, or at least obsessed with checking the "new and updated" list on Curse, to know about the new page.

Anyway, it still just uses the favorites defined in the mount journal, which doesn't solve the problem of class mounts not being selectable as favorites. We'll see...
10-24-14, 04:36 AM   #9
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

Judging by Adirelle's actions (incrementing to Squire3), I'm guessing that he no longer intends to manage a mount selection separate from Blizzard's which is unfortunate. I applaud Blizzard for finally implementing something, but it's far from perfect.
10-24-14, 11:39 AM   #10
PickyCZ
A Kobold Labourer
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses Mounted. I tried to look for alternative but neither does what Mounded do - custom macro support. It's so awesome I can't emphesize that enough. Vendor mount under alt+click, mimi head under ctrl+click, random without any modifiers. With option to increase/decrease likelihood of summon for favourite/least favourite mounts. Such a pity it's discontinued and kind of broken now (kind of as it works, just spams errors with lib-mounts, at least for me)
10-24-14, 05:40 PM   #11
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
While the new "random favorite mount" feature in 6.0 has allowed to me to get rid of Squire2 (which is fortunate because Squire2 hasn't been updated yet) I've already had to write my own addon to replace built-in random function, since the default UI (a) won't let me set class-specific mounts as favorites, and (b) still summons flying mounts in non-flying areas which, even though they *can* run on the ground, look ridiculous doing so.

I don't have an ETA on a release for my addon (still need to finish fixing my existing addons before I spend time getting a new one into a release-ready state) but I may be persuaded to add useful macro feedback after it's released, since that was something that did annoy me about Squire2 in the past when I had it on a visible button.
I've got a basic one done, just having issues getting the class specifics etc done. (eg Ghostwolf can be used in combat/inside)
10-25-14, 04:53 AM   #12
Uggers
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by PickyCZ View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one who misses Mounted. I tried to look for alternative but neither does what Mounded do - custom macro support. It's so awesome I can't emphesize that enough. Vendor mount under alt+click, mimi head under ctrl+click, random without any modifiers. With option to increase/decrease likelihood of summon for favourite/least favourite mounts. Such a pity it's discontinued and kind of broken now (kind of as it works, just spams errors with lib-mounts, at least for me)
Yeah, forgot about that functionality, its a shame alot of addons are no longer being maintained but I appreciate author are never going to play forever and when blizzard do major UI updates that break things they aren't easily repairable. I just wish I understood enough to fix it, but after spending a few hours trying to google it I don't know were to begin with this addon

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon fix/help "Mounted"