08-03-05, 09:37 AM   #1
coloswift
A Murloc Raider
I had a mod Idea and yep I have no skills to do it! GRRR!

Ok so here is my mod Idea. Forgive me this may or may not be long.

Okay for those of you that use Monkey quest. You know how you can expand and collapse the window that all the quests sit in?. Well make a window like that and allow it to hold buttons. Now make a config panel to edit said buttons. Now why I think this is a good Idea. For emotes! I want a colapsable window that I can assign custom emote texts that I can drop down and hit the correct emote I have designed. So I ask you all what does this take? can I learn to do this myself? or can anyone either do this or point me to a Newbie How to guide?

Thanks again for entertaining my Idea and please be gentile I'm as you call a nuwb or how ever it is spelled LOL Thanks!

Last edited by coloswift : 08-03-05 at 09:45 AM.
08-03-05, 09:44 AM   #2
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hi Coloswift. I've moved your thread to the Developer section of the board as it sounds like you'd like to learn how to do this yourself, rather than have someone else do it for you, thus you will need the technical expertise found in this area of the forums.

If I may be so bold as to make a teeny suggestion, though ... please consider editing your post to increase the font size? Speaking for myself, I find your post difficult to read because the text is just so darn small.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
08-03-05, 09:47 AM   #3
coloswift
A Murloc Raider
Terribly sorry about that I wasn't aware that I did that LOL sorry. And thankyou so much for moving this to the right place. Your right I'd much rather do it myself. I miss modding and wish to return to it. But I feel this isn't like NWN modding. Anyhoo back to on topic!!

Thanks again
08-03-05, 11:17 AM   #4
Gello
A Molten Giant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've never used Flexbar, but it sounds like something Flexbar could do?
08-03-05, 11:21 AM   #5
Remelio

Originally Posted by Gello
I've never used Flexbar, but it sounds like something Flexbar could do?
You could make a group of buttons in flexbar and have them hide when the mouse isn't in the group and show when it is in the group... Not sure if there are any mods out there that would handle this easier.
08-03-05, 11:24 AM   #6
coloswift
A Murloc Raider
I'm hearing Flexbar alot. I supose I'll give it a try and see. I got lost researching Lua tutorials and such so why not try Flexbar if it works at least I can write a tutorial on how it's done.

Thanks for all your help I'll keep trying and keep you posted.
08-03-05, 11:25 AM   #7
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Discord Action Bars would probably do it as well. I just hadn't worried about mentioning them, since I believe I understand from your post that you wanted to try to learn how to actually do it yourself.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » I had a mod Idea and yep I have no skills to do it! GRRR!