09-07-10, 07:33 PM   #1
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Vehicle Swapping Bug?

I've noticed a bug (maybe) with oUF and vehicle Swaping. If you have a Pet (Warlock, Hunter...) and you go to a vechicle, it will keep the name of the Pet. If you use self.disallowVehicleSwap = true, it will get even worse, the supposed Vehicle bar will change from the Pet to a Black Bar.

I've tested this on more than 1 layout, mine and some others. If you do an interface reload it will fix it.

You can see it using oUF_Lure:

And on my Layout (oUF_lumen) - self.disallowVehicleSwap = true

And without self.disallowVehicleSwap = true > (Still on the Warlock):

Here it has the same class as my class (Lock) and the name is the name of the pet instead of the vehicle.

I've seen this working like this on more than 2 layouts. My question is... Bug, or we need to take care of this through the layout?

Did 1.4 change something, or the only way to go is with something like this: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...hicle+swapping ?

Thanks!

Last edited by neverg : 09-07-10 at 07:52 PM.
09-08-10, 08:54 AM   #2
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
It's a bug, but I'm not sure if it's worth the time and effort it takes to fix. Best solution would really be to just kill disallowVehicleSwap. Even with disallowVehicleSwap enabled we have to change pet into vehicle for updating to work properly.

I might look into coding around the madness this weekend, but it really feels like it would only be a waste of time and effort to support. Feel free to create a issues about it over at github, but it's going to be on the bottom of my priority heap.
09-08-10, 09:05 AM   #3
neverg
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks haste. I was just wondering if it was oUF or my own fault.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » Vehicle Swapping Bug?