12-14-09, 10:58 AM   #1
slibu
A Defias Bandit
iLvL on the Icon of the item

Hey,
I'm wondering if its possible to make iLvls visible on the icon of the item so you can easily see which pieces of your gear you need to upgrade and so on...

Sure you can't modify the icon itself but mabye its possible to just put a number onto the icon instead of changing the icon itself.

thanks in advice
~sLiBu
12-14-09, 11:28 AM   #2
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It might be possible, considering that certain Actionbar Addons can put custom text on Actionbar Buttons and others (like BindPad) put custom text on Abilities (in it's own GUI).

Basically all that needs to be done is write an Addon that creates a FontString containing the Item Info and make the ItemIcon it's parent. This would probably have to be done seperatly for the Inventory and the Character Equipment Screen and for every other element of the UI you want the TextString shown in (even other Addons, Altoholic for example), as it's not possible to write directly to the Icon.

Else just an advice for upgrading gear: Don't ever go for ilvl! I have several items that have a higher ilevel but aren't better than my current item. Also you want to balance your stats, for example if you're a priest you have to think if it's worth to loose 40 spellpower if you get 70 MP5 for it. So just going for ilvl isn't good.

Remember you can make the ilvl be shown in the item tooltip (think it has to be enabled in the interface options).
12-14-09, 03:10 PM   #3
slibu
A Defias Bandit
i dont pay too much attention to ilvl ...i'm playing a deathknight at the moment and everytime I got a new item i always have a look at expertise/hit cap and i ask myself if I want lose some crit for str and so on...

but if I look at my gear and I see 245 items and 226 items and 232 items...I know that I have to upgrade this ilvl 200 cloak that I still use...

and I was just wondering if there's a way to see this on first look other than scrolling through all that gear

(sry for spelling mistakes)
~sLiBu
12-14-09, 03:35 PM   #4
Jooze
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
In that case I'd recommend InspectEquip.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...pectEquip.html

It shows a window next to your Character Screen, summing up the item level and origin from your equipped items.
12-14-09, 04:36 PM   #5
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by slibu View Post
Hey,
I'm wondering if its possible to make iLvls visible on the icon of the item so you can easily see which pieces of your gear you need to upgrade and so on...

Sure you can't modify the icon itself but mabye its possible to just put a number onto the icon instead of changing the icon itself.

thanks in advice
~sLiBu
Isn't it enough that you can enable it in tooltips in the default blizzard interface options. You can't really tell if it is an upgrade to you unless you check what stat is has anyway.

I know it doesn't help you add the item level to the icon but I'm just trying to see if I could get you to think about it and if it is really worth it.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
12-14-09, 04:47 PM   #6
Bruners
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Made the addon for you
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...emLevelCP.html
12-15-09, 08:37 AM   #7
slibu
A Defias Bandit
wow thank you =) that's exactly how I imagined it

really great thanks again

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » iLvL on the Icon of the item