01-20-06, 02:12 PM   #1
Iriel
Super Moderator
WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Welcome to the Castle

I decided to pick a slightly less obscure name than "British Invasion" (Thanks Cair), but in keeping with the original name, my home here may as well be a Castle, plus that gives me a place from which to pour boiling oil on the rioting townsfolk when an experiment goes awry.
01-20-06, 02:55 PM   #2
MadCow
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Uhm. Greetings from the colonies!
02-26-14, 03:22 PM   #3
PeterGunn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Just asking really. Why are these even here or this section for that matter. None of these add-ons have even been touched since last update of 2010?
02-26-14, 04:32 PM   #4
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Nice necro, but well Iriel's code (along with a few other prominent addon authors contributions) is part of the default client now.

So in a sense it's very much alive... that aside many of the projects probably still function regardless the lack of updates.

I wouldn't mind the featured status even as a /nod of recognition tbh, why does it bother you?
10-29-14, 04:28 PM   #5
PeterGunn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Dridzt View Post
Nice necro, but well Iriel's code (along with a few other prominent addon authors contributions) is part of the default client now.

So in a sense it's very much alive... that aside many of the projects probably still function regardless the lack of updates.

I wouldn't mind the featured status even as a /nod of recognition tbh, why does it bother you?
Well the actual definition of life negates the relevance of your comment without any need to go further!
life
noun
noun: life; noun: one's life; plural noun: one's lifes

the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

To be honest with you yes it does. It is a annoyance to see outdated or even completely unused section on the page when you are looking for something new to use or just to play around with. I can however see the point from a developer perspective where they may be useful when looking at something new or debugging a code to make a new addon fresh. Just think if the latter was the case it would be better off in a private forum where the developers could be the only ones seeing it!

With that being said thanks for being a smart _ _ _! I was really only asking out of curiosity!
10-29-14, 06:01 PM   #6
Tonyleila
A Molten Giant

I want a Castle too
10-29-14, 07:46 PM   #7
Duugu
Premium Member

Originally Posted by PeterGunn View Post
Just asking really. Why are these even here or this section for that matter. None of these add-ons have even been touched since last update of 2010?
I always thought it is still here to make my day.

The first thing that comes to my mind if I read the words "Iriel's Castle" is your mother was a hamster.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Last edited by Duugu : 10-29-14 at 07:49 PM.
10-30-14, 04:32 AM   #8
Ketho
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I thought Iriel was working for Blizzard, or at least has partly contributed to the official user interface

I don't see the use for the Auctioneer subforum though
Don't they have their own website and forums since like 3-5 years now?
01-09-24, 07:06 AM   #9
JefExtet
A Kobold Labourer
It's interesting to see the history and discussions around Iriel's Castle. Have you ever explored or used any of the addons mentioned, and if so, which ones caught your attention?

Considering the evolving nature of add-ons and the changing landscape of the gaming community, do you think dedicated sections like Iriel's Castle are still relevant on forums, or do you prefer more up-to-date platforms for add-on discussions?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Iriel's Castle » Welcome to the Castle