06-10-21, 07:48 AM   #1
Theolos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
More personal macros

Hej all!

As you know the personal macro section is limited to only 18 macros but I need more since I don't want my mage macros next to my paladin macros

There is an awesome retail addon for macros called Mega Macros but it's not working on BCC

This is why I am BEGGING you to write a little macro which just removes the 18 macros limitation for the personal section. Not more! But well, I don't know how to code so maybe this is not that easy :-/

Or maybe someone can make the Addon Mega Macro useable for BCC... but since it's the work of someone else, doin something like this is a taboo

anyway... thank you very much for ur time and help!
06-11-21, 07:11 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
In what way is it not working on BCC ? Does/Did it work on Classic Era ? Does it provide an error ?

Have you posted an issue report on the addon page. The developer was last active in March, a month after the addon was updated. Even if you don't get an immediate response from the developer someone else may have already fixed it for themselves and can let you know how to fix the problem you are receiving.
06-11-21, 04:52 PM   #3
Theolos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
In what way is it not working on BCC ? Does/Did it work on Classic Era ? Does it provide an error ?

Have you posted an issue report on the addon page. The developer was last active in March, a month after the addon was updated. Even if you don't get an immediate response from the developer someone else may have already fixed it for themselves and can let you know how to fix the problem you are receiving.
sadly it's not loading at all, so there are no .lua errors (yes, "load outdated addons" was activated)
not working on classic era too

there was never a classic version of this addon, sadly. so I am not sure if the develope is interested porting his addon to classic :-/

as said, a small addon, which just expands the possible personal macro, is already enough! but as I said, I am aware that this is maybe not that easy. But I think a lot of people are interested such an addon ^^
06-12-21, 03:16 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
There are errors when it is loaded.

Code:
1x MegaMacro\src/constants.lua:67: attempt to index global 'C_LevelLink' (a nil value)
[string "@MegaMacro\src/constants.lua"]:67: in main chunk

Locals:
(*temporary) = <table> {
}
(*temporary) = <table> {
 IsInRange = <function> defined @MegaMacro\src/constants.lua:52
 IsEquipped = <function> defined @MegaMacro\src/constants.lua:65
 IsUsable = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 GetCharges = <function> defined @MegaMacro\src/constants.lua:50
 GetCount = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 IsCurrent = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 GetCooldown = <function> defined =[C]:-1
 IsAutoRepeat = <function> defined =[C]:-1
}
(*temporary) = nil
(*temporary) = 30
(*temporary) = 8
(*temporary) = 10
(*temporary) = "attempt to index global 'C_LevelLink' (a nil value)"
Code:
1x MegaMacro\src/main.lua:9: Attempt to register unknown event "PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED"
[string "=[C]"]: in function `RegisterEvent'
[string "@MegaMacro\src/main.lua"]:9: in main chunk

Locals:
(*temporary) = MegaMacro_EventFrame {
 0 = <userdata>
}
(*temporary) = "PLAYER_SPECIALIZATION_CHANGED"
These are likely due to the functions/events in question not being available to Classic environments.

With 18 files in total I wouldn't count it as a 'small' addon.

First, for future reference, I would suggest, installing !bugsack and buggrabber addons to see errors that occur.

Second, as I suggested post a report on the developers addon page requesting the possibility of including it on Classic. There may be a reason it hasn't been done there that they could or may have already explained. Such as too much functionality differences, or they don't plan on playing classic themselves or don't have a sub to test it etc. But they may post a comment that someone can create a Classic variant if they so wanted and someone using the addon may consider doing just that. But there doesn't appear to be any comments regarding Classic use. So either none of the users are playing Classic or they have stopped using the addon altogether for other reasons.
06-12-21, 04:23 AM   #5
Theolos
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
There are errors when it is loaded.
Ok, thank you - I will send those reports to the author

and with small, I did not mean Mega Macro but if someone can make a new addon from scratch only adding ONE(!!) function: increasing the personal macros slot from 18 to ???

maybe it's easier when u take global macro slots and add it to the personal slot
maybe, idk... I am not a coder ^^
06-12-21, 06:16 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
It's unlikely to be easy as you are literally going against Blizzards config-macro.txt content process. The number of macros available is more than likely hard coded into the game as that part of the player data is stored outside of the wtf files. If you read the explanation on the Mega Macros addon it explains that it moves macros around to give the impression that you have more than the number of macros allocated. You then have to make sure you make a back up of your macros ( I think before installing the addon ) so that when you uninstall it you can restore your previous addons. If you don't follow the backup/restore instructions as they provide you risk losing your macros.

I personally never went over the default macro count. But then I only had mouseover healing macros for my healer toons, and a few miscellaneous public ones and a handful for the classes I quested on.

For the last 2 expansions I haven't needed to use the macros at all as I have been using https://www.wowinterface.com/downloa...iedTarget.html and have been playing as if I had no special addon installed to help me.

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Search/Requests » More personal macros