08-22-13, 07:28 PM   #1
Tormynt
A Defias Bandit
An old timer needs help ..

I left WoW in 2009, and lots of things have changed since .. but the worst part is I've forgotten so much that should be simple; however, I'm having a truly difficult time finding the answers online or with the in game help menu. If anyone could/would take a few minutes and answer a few questions, I would most definitely be greatful to you ..

1. Changing chat font sizes in the box? How?

2. How can I add new chat boxes, and filter what goes where?

3. Any suggestions for new/good add on's for a warlock .. mine was 73 when I left ..

4. I believe I remember how to make macro's, but I can't remember the command for a pause (3, 5 or more second) between castings

Thanks again in advance for you guys helping me. The biggest problem I'm having now is the chat font size .. I'm using a TV mounted on the wall, and it's just a little too far to see the chat. Any help tho is appreciated ..

T
08-22-13, 08:50 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tormynt View Post
1. Changing chat font sizes in the box? How?
Right-click on the chat tab. There's a Font Size option in the menu.

2. How can I add new chat boxes, and filter what goes where?
Right-click on a chat tab and select Create New Window.

3. Any suggestions for new/good add on's for a warlock .. mine was 73 when I left ..
I don't use any class-specific addons for my warlock. Just find a good buff mod (or unit frames that offer aura filtering; I use my own oUF Phanx unit frames) so you can see your debuffs and procs, and a cooldown mod so you can see all your cooldowns in one place (I use CoolLine), and that should be about all you need, especially if you're not aiming to do high-level raiding.

4. I believe I remember how to make macro's, but I can't remember the command for a pause (3, 5 or more second) between castings
There is no such command, and such a thing has not been possible since before the Burning Crusade expansion. Each spell cast requires a hardware event. If you want to cast multiple spells, you must press multiple keys or click multiple buttons.

You can, however, make a macro that will cycle through spells each time you press it, starting over at the beginning after it gets to the end of the list:
/castsequence First Spell, Second Spell, Third Spell
See also:
If there's something specific you're looking to macro, feel free to describe it more detail, and we can let you know if it's possible, and if so, how to write it.

Last edited by Phanx : 08-22-13 at 08:53 PM.
08-23-13, 05:06 AM   #3
Resike
A Pyroguard Emberseer
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think he meant for the castsequence reset time:

http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_castsequence

However this is not working if you spam/accidentally hit the key, beacuse it's gonna start a new reset every time.
09-18-13, 05:32 AM   #4
AnnaBell
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Resike View Post
I think he meant for the castsequence reset time:

http://www.wowwiki.com/MACRO_castsequence

However this is not working if you spam/accidentally hit the key beacuse it's gonna start a new reset every time.
Thanks for the help also! It's not that I haven't been around for a while, its because I am new so thought I would say thanks for the links to Phanx and help there

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » An old timer needs help ..