06-05-07, 12:06 PM   #1
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Changing the in game font

Is there a way that is not ClearFont2 that will change the individual aspects of the text in game?

I've heard it's as simple as plopping down a /fonts folder and inserting the font you want but having to rename it to match the text you actually want to change.

If that's the case does anyone know the names or can point me to a guide explaining how to accomplish this?

Thanks for any help your able to give.
06-05-07, 12:12 PM   #2
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

In your World of Warcraft folder create a folder called "Fonts" and drop in the font you want to use and rename it four (4) times to "ARIALN", "FRIZQT__" (2 _), "MORPHEUS" and "skurri" exact case and without the commas and quotes.
06-05-07, 12:18 PM   #3
Hintshigen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
So

ARIALN
FRIZQT__
MORPHEUS
skurri

Are those for specific parts of the text you see in-game, or can you not have more than one font in there?

And thanks for the quick reply

*Edit, ohhhhh two _'s ... gotcha
06-05-07, 12:32 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Those are the four main fonts that WoW uses. Chat text, name plate text, mail text, quest text, etc. All you are doing with the Fonts folder is assigning a different font to those names so that they get overridden.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-05-07, 12:35 PM   #5
GrissomXIX
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

To be totally honest I'm still using an old version of !ClearFont that I've modified for my own personal use and for my guild to use. So I can't tell you for sure what fonts these will replace, but it has actually replaced the fonts that !ClearFont doesn't.

Thanks Seerah.
06-05-07, 01:31 PM   #6
kucukti
A Defias Bandit
I just want to change the font of ingame damage text (I mean the damage I do to mobs players etc.), I dont want to change all font of game. Is this possible. If so how ?
06-05-07, 01:37 PM   #7
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
This part overrides all the remaining WoW fonts - including the login screens!

* Create the following folder:
o <WoW directory>\Fonts\
* Create four copies of the font file of your choice, place them in the above folder, and rename them to the following names:
o FRIZQT__.ttf (the main UI font)
o ARIALN.ttf (the normal number font)
o skurri.ttf (the 'huge' number font)
o MORPHEUS.ttf (Mail, Quest Log font)
* See Addon Overrides for background of this step.

from the clearfont read me file

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-05-07, 02:19 PM   #8
kucukti
A Defias Bandit
whatever I do I cant change the damage text. Can it be related with another addon or is it normal not being able to change damage text.

note : adding just FRIZQT__ to fonts folder I managed to change damage text but it changes all interface font also I just want to change the damage text font

Last edited by kucukti : 06-05-07 at 02:52 PM.
06-05-07, 02:57 PM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by kucukti
whatever I do I cant change the damage text. Can it be related with another addon or is it normal not being able to change damage text.

note : adding just FRIZQT__ to fonts folder I managed to change damage text but it changes all interface font also I just want to change the damage text font

That's odd, it changed all the default SCT for me.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
06-05-07, 04:45 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The FRIZQT__ font is used for more things than just damage. If you replace that font, it will change more than just your damage.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

06-05-07, 05:27 PM   #11
kucukti
A Defias Bandit
Yes I mean that, is it possible to just change the damage text, ex. maybe by editing the design file or someting inside clearfont 2. When I change FRIZQT__it replaces all interface font also the damage text but I just want to use a different font for damage text
06-05-07, 08:02 PM   #12
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

You can make a complete addon for this purpose as well.

What I've done is I've copied the default Fonts.xml into a mod. I created a Fonts Folder with the custom fonts that I wish to use into that folder.

I added the Fonts.xml to the TOC file of the Addon.

Then, in the Fonts.xml I just modify the fonts I wish to change using the "Interface\Addons\AddonName\Fonts\Font.ttf" path instead of the default blizzard path.

This can be done without a fonts.xml in localized mods by just changing the localized FontString to the custom font path.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Changing the in game font