08-22-16, 10:49 AM   #1
Danyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Replacement for Pettracker

Good evening, folks.

Looks like PetTracker (https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/pettracker) is no longer supported and doesn't function as expected after Legion pre-patch.

Perhaps anyone knows about a decent replacement or at least something that includes most of basic functionality of PetTracker?

Thank you
08-22-16, 11:19 AM   #2
bsmorgan
A Cobalt Mageweaver
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure how you can say it is no longer supported when the link you posted shows an update 3 days ago.

If it doesn't function as you expect, have you entered a ticket on its project site?
08-22-16, 12:05 PM   #3
Danyl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ehm... now i'm confused and will check it out.

It's just that people over there in comments talked about not being able to contact addon author and his email not working and just generally in the direction of addon being dead due to lack of updates.

Thanks for pointing out my possible mistake. Will check things out again.
08-22-16, 09:59 PM   #4
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Danyl View Post
It's just that people over there in comments talked about not being able to contact addon author and his email not working...
Most addon authors really don't want you contacting them by email about addon bugs. That's what ticket trackers are for, like the one linked in the description for PetTracker.

Email means we get 20 people reporting the same bug, and because they're not starting with a ticket template, none of them provide all the information we need to identify the problem (and most of them just say something like "it's broken pls fix" that's absolutely useless).

If you look at PetTracker's ticket tracker you can see that the author is indeed active, and responding to tickets (mostly by marking them as "accepted").

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Replacement for Pettracker