Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-04-20, 01:11 PM   #1
FranekW
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Help with packaging addons

Can someone help with packaging addons? I have two questions regarding ZIP files generated from the Git Control Panel:
* Is it possible to collect external libraries without having them in a repository
* How to make ZIP which will contain a project folder in the zip ready to copy/move to WoW interface folder.

This is a small addon that loads some media files for my WA in case some files are missing. The addon also requires two libraries: LibStub and LibSharedMedia. I made a current zip file manually and uploaded it to my addon website.

The process of creating a ZIP file in the Git Control Panel only adds files to the ZIP. The structure is:

Libs\Media\File1.ogg
...........File2.ogg
AddOnName.toc
embeds.xml
core.lua

What I would need is following. The process would first create a folder with the addon name and then put everything in that folder and then create the ZIP:

AddOnName\Libs\Media\File1.ogg
.....................File2.ogg
AddOnName\AddOnName.toc
AddOnName\embeds.xml
AddOnName\core.lua

Edit. I just realised I could simply copy everything to one folder but still don't know how to auto-include external libraries.

Last edited by FranekW : 07-04-20 at 05:44 PM.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Help with packaging addons