A Murloc Raider
Hello,

I have a display bug in ver. 8:

The unitframe is not like the screens

I use the latest ver. (R18)

Thanks

Edit: I have too errors
Lua Code:
  1. 29x nibRealUI-8.0 beta\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:61: bad argument #1 to "unpack" (table expected, got nil)
  2. <in C code>
  3. nibRealUI-8.0 beta\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:61: in function "SetBarColor"
  4. nibRealUI-8.0 beta\HuD\CastBars.lua:280: in function "OnUpdate"
  5. nibRealUI-8.0 beta\HuD\CastBars.lua:862: in function <nibRealUI\HuD\CastBars.lua:861>
  7. Locals:
  8. self = <table> {
  9.  SetDefaultModuleLibraries = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:398
  10.  Enable = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:325
  11.  NewModule = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:266
  12.  EnableModule = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:363
  13.  modules = <table> {}
  14.  GetModule = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:241
  15.  IterateEmbeds = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:473
  16.  IsModule = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:248
  17.  SetReverseDirection = <func> @nibRealUI\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:65
  18.  defaultModuleLibraries = <table> {}
  19.  baseName = "nibRealUI"
  20.  OnInitialize = <func> @nibRealUI\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:126
  21.  SetEnabledState = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:455
  22.  NewBar = <func> @nibRealUI\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:77
  23.  enabledState = true
  24.  SetBarColor = <func> @nibRealUI\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:59
  25.  SetValue = <func> @nibRealUI\Core\AngleStatusBar.lua:51
  26.  moduleName = "AngleStatusBar"
  27.  GetName = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:310
  28.  defaultModuleState = true
  29.  Disable = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:345
  30.  IterateModules = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:468
  31.  name = "nibRealUI_AngleStatusBar"
  32.  SetDefaultModulePrototype = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:440
  33.  IsEnabled = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:482
  34.  orderedModules = <table> {}
  35.  SetDefaultModuleState = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:418
  36.  DisableModule = <func> @AtlasLoot_Loader\Libs\..\AceAddon-3.0.lua:381
  37. }
  38. bar = <unnamed> {
  39.  0 = <userdata>
  40.  direction = "LEFT"
  41.  origDirection = "LEFT"
  42.  parent = <unnamed> {}
  43.  endPoint = "TOPLEFT"
  44.  typeStart = "RIGHT"
  45.  typeEnd = "RIGHT"
  46.  x = -5
  47.  startPoint = "TOPRIGHT"
  48.  value = 1
  49.  y = -1
  50.  row = <table> {}
  51.  fullWidth = 200
  52. }
  53. color = nil
  54. (for index) = 1
  55. (for limit) = 4
  56. (for step) = 1
  57. r = 1
  58. (*temporary) = <func> =[C]:-1
  59. (*temporary) = <unnamed> {
  60.  0 = <userdata>
  61. }

Last edited by Stratosphere : 06-24-13 at 01:33 AM.

06-24-13, 01:35 AM   #2142
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Stratosphere View Post
Hello,

I have a display bug in ver. 8:

The unitframe is not like the screens

I use the latest ver. (R18)

Thanks
Hmm, scale or positions are slightly off.

Running in Windowed mode? If you're in Windowed Mode and your resolution is set too high, the WoW screen will stretch
Running in the correct resolution for your monitor?
Type /hud then click Load Defaults

06-24-13, 01:45 AM   #2143
Stratosphere
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, scale or positions are slightly off.

Running in Windowed mode? If you're in Windowed Mode and your resolution is set too high, the WoW screen will stretch
Running in the correct resolution for your monitor?
Type /hud then click Load Defaults
Hello,

I actually had the game in "Windowed mode" with 1920x1200 Wide
I put the game in "Windowed Fullscreen" with same resolution and it's good!

The problem in "Windowed Fullscreen" I have a large drop of FPS, and some freez

06-24-13, 01:47 AM   #2144
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Hello,

May have to try straight Fullscreen. Some graphics cards have issue with Windowed Fullscreen.

06-24-13, 01:58 AM   #2145
Stratosphere
A Murloc Raider
May have to try straight Fullscreen. Some graphics cards have issue with Windowed Fullscreen.
I have reduce (little) the graphic config and is good.

Thanks you

Last edited by Stratosphere : 06-24-13 at 02:27 AM.

06-24-13, 12:48 PM   #2146
gabraham
A Kobold Labourer
Keep having issues with the UI resetting all the time changing all my custom settings to the original defaults, such as the bars and forte being entirely reset to Realui defaults, any ideas?

06-24-13, 01:10 PM   #2147
Kkthnx
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Getting this while raiding..

http://pastebin.com/dqj9wxid

06-24-13, 01:13 PM   #2148
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by gabraham View Post
Keep having issues with the UI resetting all the time changing all my custom settings to the original defaults, such as the bars and forte being entirely reset to Realui defaults, any ideas?
If you've unticked RealUI Control for the action bars and settings are still being reverted, then it's likely a WTF folder issue.

First make sure your World of Warcraft folder is located directly under C:\. If it isn't, exit WoW and move it there.

If it is, try this:
  1. While logged in, browse to your World of Warcraft folder.
  2. Right-click the WTF folder and go to Properties
  3. Untick Read-Only, click Okay, and apply changes to all files and sub-folders
  4. Log out of WoW and back in

Originally Posted by Kkthnxbye™ View Post
Getting this while raiding..

http://pastebin.com/dqj9wxid
Uploading fix now.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 06-24-13 at 01:17 PM.

06-24-13, 02:16 PM   #2149
Crall
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

So, I was on the PTR for the raid test.

First off it occurred to me that the boss frames only showed my corruption and not doom.

2nd. I've noticed you changed the way to skin new buff groups with raven, under nibRealUI\Skins\Raven.lua, is there anyway to still skin new buff groups with raven?

Also I wanted to try out with playing with the floating combat text with different font but noticed you can't change it like that by editing the font, in the fonts folder or by using addons like "NiceDamage". It seems to be that RealUI doesn't allow me to change the font. Is there a way to fix this, without disabling RealUI.

- Thanks in advance. And really appericate you've made the casting ticks btw.
Keep up the amazing work!

06-24-13, 02:28 PM   #2150
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Crall View Post
So, I was on the PTR for the raid test.

First off it occurred to me that the boss frames only showed my corruption and not doom.

2nd. I've noticed you changed the way to skin new buff groups with raven, under nibRealUI\Skins\Raven.lua, is there anyway to still skin new buff groups with raven?

Also I wanted to try out with playing with the floating combat text with different font but noticed you can't change it like that by editing the font, in the fonts folder or by using addons like "NiceDamage". It seems to be that RealUI doesn't allow me to change the font. Is there a way to fix this, without disabling RealUI.

- Thanks in advance. And really appericate you've made the casting ticks btw.
Keep up the amazing work!
1) Hmm, that is odd. Will look into it.
2) Borders are now under Modules\RavenBorders.lua
3) Next update I shall include an option in my Fonts module to disable RealUI setting the FCT font

06-24-13, 03:00 PM   #2151
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Woah, I take a couple of months off and this happens.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny.

Going to go install now and then bombard you with feedback.

06-24-13, 03:27 PM   #2152
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Hello,

Huh... I didnt realize till now but I am having the same problem. Im runnin in full screen though. I loaded defaults and nothing changed it. Advice?

It doesn't look the same as yours at all.

Are these numbers suppose to be like this btw? Under Positions?

Ahhh now my ready check frame looks strange

Really strange grey outlines over everything.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-24-13 at 03:53 PM.

06-24-13, 03:52 PM   #2153
Speedtrax
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
@Gloks

What is your multisampling set at? make sure the multisampling is set to 1 and that the ui scale slider is set to minimum, looks to be a scaling problem

06-24-13, 03:56 PM   #2154
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
Okay, so; I'm not seeing a stagger tracker besides the Raven debuff bar - am I blind?

Besides that, I still hate Kui Nameplates, but I'll try to learn to like it and I'll be replacing Grid with Vuhdo, and the bag addon with Bagnon.

The only bug I've found is that my action bars aren't using the pixel font, but what looks like Arial or a standard Serif font - which occurs after reloading, after disabling RealUI's control of the action bars. I have to do that to configure them how I like, since I have Bar 1 set to show Bar 2 when shift is pressed and my second visible bar is bar 3.

I find the Aura cooldown font difficult to read - I'd much prefer to change it to something else. How can I do that?

06-24-13, 04:00 PM   #2155
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Speedtrax View Post
@Gloks

What is your multisampling set at? make sure the multisampling is set to 1 and that the ui scale slider is set to minimum, looks to be a scaling problem
Hmm you were right about the scaling thing. That kind of sucks though. Why do I have to set my multisampling to 1 for Realui8 to display correctly without large grey lines over everything? Same thing goes with the scaling. I've now set it so realui scales it automatically. As it comes by default. But I really don't like how every things so big. Ill try to minimize it a bit so I don't get too picky but it just doesn't make any sense. I usually have my multisampling at 8 because my computer can handle it.

It kinda sucks that I have to play the game at worse graphics then I had before so realui can display correctly. Everything looks so jaggedy edgey like. Is it at all possible so you can fix the multisampling and scaling issues? I really liked having the scaling at the lowest setting. Which by the way is still only one notch down from what realui defaults me too.

By the way.... after setting the scaling to the default.. I tried setting the font to small for everything, as I said I am trying to minimize the look of things until hopefully these things are fixed?? And I got this error.

http://pastebin.com/GXHh7hf0

Last edited by Gloks : 06-24-13 at 04:10 PM.

06-24-13, 04:02 PM   #2156
Speedtrax
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
if the mulitsampling is any higher than 1 the pixel perfect borders will be all messed up. I'm not entirely sure why, I think Nib can give you a better answer to that, I just know from experience from making my own pixel perfect UI's that the multisampling needs to be set to 1 for them to display properly.

06-24-13, 04:10 PM   #2157
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
Okay, so; I'm not seeing a stagger tracker besides the Raven debuff bar - am I blind?

Besides that, I still hate Kui Nameplates, but I'll try to learn to like it and I'll be replacing Grid with Vuhdo, and the bag addon with Bagnon.

The only bug I've found is that my action bars aren't using the pixel font, but what looks like Arial or a standard Serif font - which occurs after reloading, after disabling RealUI's control of the action bars. I have to do that to configure them how I like, since I have Bar 1 set to show Bar 2 when shift is pressed and my second visible bar is bar 3.

I find the Aura cooldown font difficult to read - I'd much prefer to change it to something else. How can I do that?
Stagger bar appears right above Aura Tracking.
Will fix up that font issue for ya.
/real > Appearance > Advanced Settings under Fonts > Pixel Cooldown

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Hmm you were right about the scaling thing. That kind of sucks though. Why do I have to set my multisampling to one for Realui8 to display correctly without large grey lines over everything? Same thing goes with the scaling. Ive now set it so realui scales it automatically. As it comes by default. But I really dont like how everythings so big. Ill try to minimize it a bit so I dont get too picky but it just doesnt make any sense. I usually have my multisampling at 8 because my computer can handle it.

It kinda sucks that I have to play the game at worse graphics then I had before so realui can display correctly. Is it at all possible so you can fix the multisampling and scaling issues? I really liked having the scaling at the lowest setting. Which by the way is still only one notch down from what realui defaults me too.

By the way.... after setting the scaling to the default setting it comes with, with realui... I tried setting the font to small as I said I am trying to minimize the look of things until hopefully these things are fixed?? And I got this error.

http://pastebin.com/GXHh7hf0
Will get that error fixed up.

As for why WoW does that with multi-sampling, it's because the WoW graphics engine also works on the User Interface. In order for elements to be pixel-perfect, they need to align up with WoW's pixels perfectly. As soon as you turn on multi-sampling, all UI elements gets shifted by the graphics card.

Scaling works in a similar way. If scaling is set to anything other than WoW Height (768) / UI Height (your resolution) then 1 pixel in the UI ceases to be 1 pixel on the WoW screen, and elements will blur.

06-24-13, 04:15 PM   #2158
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Stagger bar appears right above Aura Tracking.
Will fix up that font issue for ya.
/real > Appearance > Advanced Settings under Fonts > Pixel Cooldown

Will get that error fixed up.

As for why WoW does that with multi-sampling, it's because the WoW graphics engine also works on the User Interface. In order for elements to be pixel-perfect, they need to align up with WoW's pixels perfectly. As soon as you turn on multi-sampling, all UI elements gets shifted by the graphics card.

Scaling works in a similar way. If scaling is set to anything other than WoW Height (768) / UI Height (your resolution) then 1 pixel in the UI ceases to be 1 pixel on the WoW screen, and elements will blur.
Ugh that sucks so much.

Thats with multisampling set to one. Theres no way to get around that scaling issue? Ahh! lol. Is there any way to keep the unit frames the same but decrease the size of everything else so all of that stuff at least looks like its scaled down as far as it can go? Bartender, the tracker, casting bars, grid and all that. Or can I not do that either.

As for the new patch however... its awesome. The channel ticks are very nice. I think in general the healing ui or the general grid layout could use work dispelling wise and all that. But the Hot tracking is cool. Very nice and handy. I only heal occasionally on a monk but other spells off the top of my head that may want to be tracked things like Lifebloom and Renew if those spells are not already included.

Last edited by Gloks : 06-24-13 at 04:39 PM.

06-24-13, 04:50 PM   #2159
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Gloks View Post
Is there any way to keep the unit frames the same but decrease the size of everything else so all of that stuff at least looks like its scaled down as far as it can go? Bartender, the tracker, casting bars, grid and all that. Or can I not do that either.
If you untick RealUI Control on the Action Bars panel, you could set the bar scales in Bartender options.
The tracker now has size options (/real > Advanced > Settings > HuD > Aura Tracking)
Grid height and width can be set under Raid Frames options.

Apart from that, nope. May just have to push your monitor further back

06-24-13, 04:52 PM   #2160
Gloks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
If you untick RealUI Control on the Action Bars panel, you could set the bar scales in Bartender options.
The tracker now has size options (/real > Advanced > Settings > HuD > Aura Tracking)
Grid height and width can be set under Raid Frames options.

Apart from that, nope. May just have to push your monitor further back
Oh the horror!

Screw it. i'll deal with it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI