06-29-11, 12:30 AM   #1
Kentwo
A Murloc Raider
UI Script for timers and tracking internal CD's

Im just playing with the thought since I dont even know if its possible or not, But whatahell, I'll ask anyways;

Im searching for three type of scripts,
The first one should add simular timers like DBM does,
" Shadowsight timer
" Tower Capping timers in AV/AB etc etc.
Is there any way of doing this?

The second one is from what I can understand kinda tricky,
Im currently using Midnas script for tracking my Predators Swiftness buff and I want a simular effect but in a diffrent color and also under my character when my Unheeded Warning proccs and the procc is active.

And the last script im looking for is simular to Dotimer Cooldowns,
I want a list of my abilitys that are on CD,
Im currently using the DoTimer addon for tracking my cooldowns but It would be alot more cooler if I could track it by using defult UI scripts..

Answers apperciated,
06-30-11, 11:16 PM   #2
Kentwo
A Murloc Raider
Just wanted to make a post reg. this since I coded a Unheeded Warning procc myself, Its based on a Code that Midna wrote for tracking predator swiftness procc so cheers for that, anyways here is the code, hope it will help someone with simular request as mine,

Code:
-- Unheeded Warning tracking code by Kentwo

PSF=CreateFrame("FRAME")
PSF:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA");
PSF:SetScript('OnEvent',function() 
  o=0 
  for i=1,40 do 
    _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,id=UnitAura("Player",i) 
      if id==92108 then SpellActivationOverlay_ShowOverlay(SpellActivationOverlayFrame,92108,"TEXTURES\\SPELLACTIVATIONOVERLAYS\\SHOOTING_STARS.BLP","BOTTOM",1,255,10,10,false,false) 
        o=1 
      end 
    end 
    if o==0 then SpellActivationOverlay_HideOverlays(SpellActivationOverlayFrame,92108) 
  end 
end)
Anyone have an Ide if the other two are even possible?
06-30-11, 11:30 PM   #3
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kentwo View Post
Just wanted to make a post reg. this since I coded a Unheeded Warning procc myself, Its based on a Code that Midna wrote for tracking predator swiftness procc so cheers for that, anyways here is the code, hope it will help someone with simular request as mine,

Code:
-- Unheeded Warning tracking code by Kentwo

PSF=CreateFrame("FRAME")
PSF:RegisterEvent("UNIT_AURA");
PSF:SetScript('OnEvent',function() 
  o=0 
  for i=1,40 do 
    _,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,id=UnitAura("Player",i) 
      if id==92108 then SpellActivationOverlay_ShowOverlay(SpellActivationOverlayFrame,92108,"TEXTURES\\SPELLACTIVATIONOVERLAYS\\SHOOTING_STARS.BLP","BOTTOM",1,255,10,10,false,false) 
        o=1 
      end 
    end 
    if o==0 then SpellActivationOverlay_HideOverlays(SpellActivationOverlayFrame,92108) 
  end 
end)
Anyone have an Ide if the other two are even possible?
Hmm, if you want overlays based on buffs/debuffs, nibSpellAlertConfig may be the ticket for you.

As for the other two, they'd really require addons. They'd require frame creation, status bar updates, event tracking, etc.
07-03-11, 11:49 PM   #4
Kentwo
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Hmm, if you want overlays based on buffs/debuffs, nibSpellAlertConfig may be the ticket for you.

As for the other two, they'd really require addons. They'd require frame creation, status bar updates, event tracking, etc.

Okay thanks for you'r advice but Im gonna stick to that code for UW tracking, as for the other two's I know they are hard to code, but I hope someone would have coded something or some minimalistic addon for that purpose..

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » UI Script for timers and tracking internal CD's