12-16-06, 03:58 AM   #1
Savage Henry
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Gathering Aerts?

Anyone ever taken a stab at audio notification of nearby nodes/plants? Seems this would make looking at your minimap every few seconds a tedious burden of the past...
12-16-06, 07:50 AM   #2
LaoTseu
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Savage Henry
Anyone ever taken a stab at audio notification of nearby nodes/plants? Seems this would make looking at your minimap every few seconds a tedious burden of the past...
I don't think this is possible. From reading the developers comments on the Gatherer forums, it seams there is no way for addons or macro to know that the little yellow dots are there (or where they are on the minimap. This is why you actually have to click or gather a node for mods like Gatherer to be able to add it to their database. It is also why those mods cannot have the exact location of the nodes and always do a guess based on the character position.

Best
12-19-06, 04:35 AM   #3
Savage Henry
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by LaoTseu
I don't think this is possible. From reading the developers comments on the Gatherer forums, it seams there is no way for addons or macro to know that the little yellow dots are there (or where they are on the minimap. This is why you actually have to click or gather a node for mods like Gatherer to be able to add it to their database. It is also why those mods cannot have the exact location of the nodes and always do a guess based on the character position.

Best
While this would explain why it couldn't be done (the addon I'm suggesting that is)...I imagine there is SOME sort of event that triggers the "popping" of the yellow markers on the minimap right? And if there is an event that triggers that...then couldn't you hook into said event to sound an alert as well?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gathering Aerts?