07-15-08, 12:01 PM   #1
Pikaboo
A Murloc Raider
Bongos bars broke :'(

Ok, with the patch, i downloaded wow matrix. it must have updated bongos to a version mazzle doesn't yet support. how do i get it back to normal? do i have to un install all my addons and re do mazzle?

btw. questhelper rocks. any chance of this being put into the next mazzle update?
07-15-08, 06:27 PM   #2
Solpandor
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Pikaboo View Post
Ok, with the patch, i downloaded wow matrix. it must have updated bongos to a version mazzle doesn't yet support. how do i get it back to normal? do i have to un install all my addons and re do mazzle?

btw. questhelper rocks. any chance of this being put into the next mazzle update?
Same thing happened to me, had to reinstall everything. Not going to bother updating anything unless it's a third party Addon that MazzleUI doesn't have. And I agree, QH should be put in the next Mazzle update. :P
07-15-08, 06:54 PM   #3
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just a note guys: Wow Matrix goes against blizzards TOS. One of my guildies got his account banned because of using it. Something about automatic downloading or some garbage like that. It may be BS, so I'm not sure how much credit to give that story, so just an FYI Be carefull.

07-15-08, 07:04 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by obsidianblack View Post
Just a note guys: Wow Matrix goes against blizzards TOS. One of my guildies got his account banned because of using it. Something about automatic downloading or some garbage like that. It may be BS, so I'm not sure how much credit to give that story, so just an FYI Be carefull.
Huh? I thought WoWMatrix did the exact same thing as WoWAceUpdater, JWoWUPdater, and NetherPanel.

What am I missing?

Edit: I think you might be thinking of something else, because WoWMatrix is also offered as a download at Apple.com lol
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macos...ndupdater.html

Last edited by Petrah : 07-15-08 at 07:49 PM.
07-16-08, 11:38 AM   #5
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Yeah i didn't have all the details, or may have even heard wrong so i'm not really sure, just throwing out there what i had heared in case it did hold water didn't want anyone to be screwed

07-16-08, 12:13 PM   #6
Flarin
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Software that updates your mods are not against the ToS. My faith in humanity is always diminished when I follow up threads like this with a few Google searches. On this topic alone I have seen statements that mod update software is against the ToS, that UI Mods that measure threat are illegal, Auctioneer is banable, etc.

Ugh.

How could WoWMatrix have been involved? Unlikely, but I can see if the user downloaded a "hacked" version which installed a keylogger - then the account was accessed from afar - but you would think there would be complaints of gold/items missing. Hmmm.. A mystery.

UI Mods are controlled by Blizzard - when someone pushes the boundaries with a UI mod Blizzard reacts and changes the macro langugage accordingly. It amazes me that people do not realize how much effort Blizzard goes through to implement scripting so that people CAN customize their gaming experience. Yet you still get "Huh, I did nothing and got banned - must be my mods". Bleh.

Don't have G15 keyboard macros automatically do things for you. Don't have people in Asia level your toons/professions. Don't buy gold. Period.

Oh- and fork over the $6.50 for the authenticator.

Meh.

/steps_off_soapbox

"I will crush and destroy and...ooo...shiny..."

07-17-08, 10:30 PM   #7
Echuir
A Murloc Raider
If you use wowmatrix to update your addons you need to set a few addons to ignore since the new version of those addons is not compatable. The only one I know for sure is Bongos. To do this you open wowmatrix and highlight the addon then to the left side of the uninstall button you see a box labled Ignore just put a tick in the box and you are set.
07-18-08, 08:00 AM   #8
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Pikaboo View Post

Back to the topic at hand for a moment. I often have Bongos checked Ignore on WoWMatrix as there are often alpha/beta versions uploaded which don't work yet and can mess up your settings. Bongos is the only addon I still manually download once I hear the new version is solid.

As for QuestHelper, I'd actually recommend TourGuide against it as it works more as a leveling guide than just pointing you towards quests which may be pointless (as I've found many are just wastes of time).

As for your friend, Obsidian, saying they were banned for WoWMatrix, it sounds to me like they had 'other' programs installed that did go against the ToS or just felt like blaming something else instead of owning up to what they did wrong.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Bongos bars broke :'(