05-03-08, 03:32 AM   #1
Vanz
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Vanz UI - First uploaded UI, feedback greatly appreciated.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...43-VanzUI.html
Hello

Been playing around with mods and interfaces ever since the game first came out, been using popular interfaces such as Photek etc, been building my own back when DUF was around and playing around with Ace as of now, never been into programming but loving playing with the finished product.

This was the first UI that I actually felt like uploading, and it's really simple this time around.

Any feedback on description layout / contents, UI contents / layout / what I should add, should remove etc would be greatly appreciated.

<3 Vanz
05-03-08, 04:34 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For a cleaner appearance:

I would reduce the width on the chat frames and move the MiniMap into the bottom "bar". Like this:

Action Bars | Chat Frame1 | Chat Frame2 | Combat Log | MiniMap

Use only one chat time stamp mod, either Nurfed's or Prat's. Disable the other mod's time stamps

Maybe tweak the combat log for a more Nurfed or Simple Combat Log type of appearance. This can be through the various filters now available in game.

Hide the chat menu icon and have your chat boxes the same height as your action bars. This will give you more screen real estate.

Do you use all the features of Prat or do you use just the "out of the box" setup? If so consider switching to Chatter.

I am not sure what MiniMap you are using, however maybe find one that "intergrates" the Tracking icon into the map.

If you can, have your "Trades" bar hidden, but appear upon mouse over.

Anyway, that's my two Eurocent's worth.

Last edited by Zyonin : 05-03-08 at 04:36 AM.
05-03-08, 05:40 AM   #3
Vanz
A Murloc Raider

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Thanks for the feedback, yeah It's still not perfection and all the things you have mentioned I will changed, I like the ideas. You idea with the minimap sounds great

Cheers, Vanz

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Vanz UI - First uploaded UI, feedback greatly appreciated.