08-07-09, 09:29 PM   #1
Farside
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Prat 3.0 Help

When I select a global font with Prat it changes the text in all chat channels but it does not transfer over to the Chat Edit Box.
I would like some help on lua code I can use to add a custom font to the ChatFrameEditBox, or if someone knows how to do it with any of the modules with Prat.

I tried adding this code to Prat.lua: ChatFrameEditBox:SetFont("Interface\\AddOns\\SharedMedia\\fonts\\BROKEN15.ttf", 10) but it didn't change anything.
08-07-09, 09:37 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I believe that there is a reason why sylvanaar doesn't have Prat doing it, though I can't remember what it is...
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-07-09, 09:51 PM   #3
zero-kill
A Firelord

That's why I use Chatter now. It's lighter-weight too.
08-07-09, 10:02 PM   #4
Farside
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Thank you for the replies and I'll look into Chatter.
08-07-09, 11:00 PM   #5
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Honestly I dont see a difference in the memory usage between Prat3 and chatter, I have used both in comparison with roughly the same options enabled and disabled and there wasn't much of a difference.

Now to get back to the topic sadly I can't help you with this but I would like to find the solution to this if there is one because I am not willing to drop prat for chatter as I prefer prat.

- Winston Churchill
08-08-09, 11:36 PM   #6
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Miralen View Post
Honestly I dont see a difference in the memory usage between Prat3 and chatter, I have used both in comparison with roughly the same options enabled and disabled and there wasn't much of a difference.
=
Off topic I hardly see a difference between Prat3 and Chatter.

With Prat 3 at least I can turn off a ton of modules I don't use. Not sure if you can do the same with Chatter.
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
08-11-09, 11:09 AM   #7
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've been a longtime Prat fan, but tried Chatter after reading some posts about it. I wasn't convinced. Prat > Chatter with its module options as well as being able to preview the chat channel sounds before assigning them and having the ability to assign different outgoing sounds.

To change the Editbox, I use Fontain, which is very lightweight.
08-11-09, 11:16 AM   #8
Farside
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I posted a ticket over at WoWace Prat 3.0 about having the ChatEditBox use the ChatBoxFrame's (font,outline,size) settings. Hopefully it can be added.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Prat 3.0 Help