01-08-07, 08:42 AM   #1
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Lag when people join/leave raid

I had this problem with CT Raid Assist when 2.0 first came out where the screen qould quickly glitch every time someone joined or left my raid group.

I'm not sure which mod is doing it, but the problem has returned. I've tried disabling mods to no avail. Has anyone experienced this lately?

I have a fast dual-core machine with tons of ram, so i dont think its a problem with my pc.

Some of my most recent addons include Grid, PerfectRaid, X-perl unitframes. I have way too many addons to list them all here though

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.
01-08-07, 09:10 AM   #2
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Why are you using 3-4 raid mods? Some of the issues in PerfectRaid will be cleared up in my next Clique/PerfectRaid release.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-08-07, 10:55 AM   #3
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Hey clad,

Well I use them for different purposes. The glitching just started, which makes me think it might be a PerfectRaid thing, since that;s the newest addition. Have you gotten any reports of glitching when raid members join/leave or move from one group to another?

As to why i use different raid mods:

PefectRaid - General overview of raid, and mainly to see who needs buffs.
Grid - i primarily use this with Clique to do my healing & dispelling.
X-Perl - i don't use the raid frame portion, just the unit frames for party, player, target, ToT, etc.
01-08-07, 11:02 AM   #4
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I've had vague reports. The issue could be interaction between all the mods, Clique and the mods, etc. Again, I've made some signifigant improvements in both, which I should be able to update within the next day or so.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."
01-08-07, 11:10 AM   #5
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Cool - i *think* i tried disabling PerfectRaid (but definitely not Clique) and the problem was still there, but i could be mistaken.

In any case, looking forward to the update.

Oh yeah, I also added SCT Damage - not sure if that may cause any lag issues.

Thanks.
01-11-07, 09:49 AM   #6
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Anyone else getting this problem?

Clad, do you know if any fix you had planned (assuming it's being caused by PRaid, which i'm not sure of) has been implemented in your latest beta?
01-11-07, 10:33 AM   #7
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
Honestly, I heard it was CTRA. I am sure the team is working on it, they are good about that, and would check for an updated version. I run oRA2 and have no problems at all.

Now only if blizzard would fix thier raid ui ! Guild permissions is all borked too =(
01-11-07, 10:40 AM   #8
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Yeah i know the problem came from CTRA when 2.0 first came out, but it had been fixed. Maybe CTRA is doing it again w/ 2.0.3. I'll download oRA tonight and hopefully that'll fix it. Thanks.
01-11-07, 11:34 AM   #9
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Any issues we caused should be fixed now.
01-11-07, 11:46 AM   #10
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Ah, well seems to still be doing it. You're off the hook! :P
01-11-07, 12:52 PM   #11
Rizzil
A Defias Bandit
Same problem!

I use X-Perl, Clique, CTRaid, and Perl Classic for a variety of reasons. I've experienced the same type of lag issues that were described above. I've just downloaded all the most recent editions of these add-ons to try and fix the problem. I hope this gets cleared up fast!

Thanks for helping with this situation!
01-11-07, 12:56 PM   #12
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
You shouldn't notice any issues with Clique.. I cleared up a number of things.
01-11-07, 01:18 PM   #13
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I'm going to do a little more enabling/disabling of mods to pin this one down. I'll post an update if i figure it out.
01-11-07, 03:03 PM   #14
Reesaa
A Kobold Labourer
My husband and I have the same problem with the lag as does most of our friends, my husband plays on kinda a slow computer and we both play on dail up so we expect a good bit of lag. He disables almost all of his mods when we raid only runs the bare min and he noticed when he disabled CTRA the lag cleared up no more freezing / glitching when people join / left raids or groups were rearranged. I'm 99.99999% sure the issue is with CT. BTW what is oRA2?? anyone have a link to it ?
01-11-07, 03:07 PM   #15
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
I am heading home from work now, and I'll post later today whether or not replacing CTRaid with oRA fixes the glitching when people join/leave.

Reesaa: oRA is an Ace2 addon that is a replacement for CT Raid. You can get it here:
http://www.wowace.com/files
01-11-07, 03:39 PM   #16
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Well, no luck. I disabled CT_RaidAssist and enabled oRA2 - still glitches when people join and leave the raid in AV.

My search continues
01-11-07, 05:47 PM   #17
thujone
A Murloc Raider
the problem is both when ppl join and leave a raid AND when they zone.

it happens with oRA2 too... and has been a problem since 2.0.

i don't know anything else about it though.
01-11-07, 08:32 PM   #18
Ebime
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by thujone
the problem is both when ppl join and leave a raid AND when they zone.
it happens with oRA2 too... and has been a problem since 2.0.
i don't know anything else about it though.

I only get this while I have xperl unitframes activated. If I revert to AG_unitframes is does not happen.

I use ORA2 and dont have CTRA components

Hope that helps.
01-11-07, 09:08 PM   #19
lnevo
A Murloc Raider
I don't use x-perl, I use ag_unitframes and do experience the lag when people zone in/out join/leave, etc.

I'm using oRA2, grid, ag_unitframes, clique, and lots more, but those are the major ones.
01-11-07, 09:32 PM   #20
secutanudu
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Yeah i just disabled x-perl - still get the lag.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Lag when people join/leave raid