09-08-07, 01:15 AM   #1
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Question Pet Bar

When I MC a mob with my priest all the buttons on the pet bar don't always appear. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone have a solution? Unfortunately the forums aren't easy to traverse so I couldn't find anything.

Last edited by StrikerTS : 09-08-07 at 02:11 AM.
09-08-07, 01:51 AM   #2
WaldoJeffers
A Molten Giant

This may be of some help atleast until you get some more help. I just typed Mazzle pet bar into the search bar.
09-08-07, 02:09 AM   #3
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
It isn't the same issue I'm having actually. My pet bar IS showing up, but some of the options on the pet bar are missing. The really weird thing is when I'm not running mazzle I'm running bongos to configure my UI and it works normally.

Last edited by StrikerTS : 09-08-07 at 02:12 AM.
09-08-07, 07:28 AM   #4
airdragon
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
More than likely the MazzleUI bongos bar does not have enough buttons assigned to it to show all the buttons you are looking for.
09-08-07, 08:41 AM   #5
doc309
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
this might be related...
bongos 2 (non-mazzle) sometimes does the following to me;

mounted (no pet no bar)
attacked (in combat)
dismount ( pet shows up , but not the bar)
ooc (pet bar appears )

maybe i missed a setting in bongos but ....

any ideas?

Doc
09-08-07, 09:25 AM   #6
Sithraza
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

maybe u should try out trinity bars?

i like it alot more than bongos
09-08-07, 10:52 AM   #7
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm too much of a newb to know what "MC a mob" means; I followed Qynova's link, but that didn't help me; I've not yet been in combat since mazzifying nor do I have a mount, so doc309's post doesn't pertain to me; StrikerTS' post is closest to what I'm experiencing - the pet bar shows up, but some options are missing.. like feed pet! I keep getting a message in the chat box about my pet looking in my bags and seeing no food.. Is there an autofeeder addon? If so, it's not working and my pet is now starving because I can't find the feed pet button.

I re-mazzified from the hunter specific to the big button basic and the vast majority of buttons are empty. I realize this is most likely true because I'm still low level; but I can't figure out how to fill them with the skills and options I do have available to me.

I know everyone knows what mazzle looks like, but here's a thumbnail just so people can see what I'm talking about:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mazzle_UI.jpg
Views:	636
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	1401  
09-08-07, 12:04 PM   #8
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Eru, the feed pet button isn't on the pet bar it's a link you attack to your regular bars. Hit the 'P' button to open your spell book, click on the Beast Mastery tab and you'll find a spell in there called "Feed Pet."
09-08-07, 12:20 PM   #9
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Side note: I just noticed that Mazzle is running Bongos1, I've been running bongos 2, since the controls of the mods are different I'm going to try to import JUST the pet bar portion and hope I don't have to futz with code to get it to work.
09-08-07, 08:18 PM   #10
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by StrikerTS
Eru, the feed pet button isn't on the pet bar it's a link you attack to your regular bars. Hit the 'P' button to open your spell book, click on the Beast Mastery tab and you'll find a spell in there called "Feed Pet."
Thanks Striker, I got confused as to which bar was the pet bar, but I knew where to find it in the spellbook. I had placed it on a bar prior to installing mazzle and I don't see any of my previous bars other than the pet bar now, thus leading to my confusion. I opened the spellbook and put the feed pet icon on the box on the right which also holds the hearth, first aid and leatherworking icons. After clicking it to feed my pet the entire box disppeared! How do I get it back?

Also:
~why is the shadowmeld icon in 2 places? Down on the bar and up in the middle of the screen? How do I change this?

~I tried to place my attack icon along the bottom bar; but when I hovered it down there another 3x3 box appeared which partly covered the lower left of the action bars. When I put the icon back in the book that smaller box disappeared again.

~There's also a blue-bordered outline of a box on the upper, middle right with no info in it. What's it for? How do I either get rid of it or display info in it?

Sorry for asking all of this when I'm sure the answers are in the FAQ, but the FAQ is a bit overwhelming - lot's of info in it and a lot of it over my head.

[edit]I just realized I might be thread-jacking here. lol Striker - you want me to start my own thread?[/edit]

Last edited by Erurainon : 09-08-07 at 08:23 PM.
09-08-07, 11:17 PM   #11
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
First of all, on the original topic. I took out Bongos and used Bongos 2. On the plus side, my problem with my pet bar has been resolved, on the minus side mazzifier obviously isn't written to support it so it took some manual work on my part. I was unable to just overwrite the Pet Bar portion of Bongos with Bongos 2's version, that would have been too simple anway. That case closed.

Originally Posted by Erurainon
Thanks Striker, I got confused as to which bar was the pet bar, but I knew where to find it in the spellbook. I had placed it on a bar prior to installing mazzle and I don't see any of my previous bars other than the pet bar now, thus leading to my confusion. I opened the spellbook and put the feed pet icon on the box on the right which also holds the hearth, first aid and leatherworking icons. After clicking it to feed my pet the entire box disppeared! How do I get it back?
There are too ways, mine is bound to 'Shift + Middle Mouse down' and there is a little button you can push on on the right side on your screen. It's hard to describe so the best I can say is if you look at mazzle you have your chat box thats kind of a square, the action bars and map that is a rectable, then the action text and potions on another square. It's the top left corner of the action text and portion box. Honestly though, that box is intended for out of combat stuff like trade skills and hearth stones, you might want to put it on another bar.

Also:
~why is the shadowmeld icon in 2 places? Down on the bar and up in the middle of the screen? How do I change this?
It sounds like you added an extra button in bongos, if you go to the "Unlock and Edit Bars" option when you right click on the "Mazzle UI" text on the bar on the top of your screen does it become dragable? If so, just middle click on it to hide it, or move it.

~I tried to place my attack icon along the bottom bar; but when I hovered it down there another 3x3 box appeared which partly covered the lower left of the action bars. When I put the icon back in the book that smaller box disappeared again.
This is kind of a confusing thing to describe... I'm not sure what you mean here. It kinds of sounds like another bar, similar to my last answer.

~There's also a blue-bordered outline of a box on the upper, middle right with no info in it. What's it for? How do I either get rid of it or display info in it?
I have no idea wth that is...I saw your SS and it doesn't look like anything I've seen on mine before. I think you should run Mazzifier again honestly, judging by a lot of the issues I saw with buttons overlapping your screen, and mini map, something got messed up in the last attempt and 2 layouts are on top of eachother. Also, make sure you choose the correct Resolution on the first screen you choose optoins on, and don't change the games resolution.

Sorry for asking all of this when I'm sure the answers are in the FAQ, but the FAQ is a bit overwhelming - lot's of info in it and a lot of it over my head.

[edit]I just realized I might be thread-jacking here. lol Striker - you want me to start my own thread?[/edit]
I know what you mean about the FAQ, I went through the whole one included in the mod when I was bored, mainly thats becasue I'm obssesed with stupid stuff about my mods. Don't worry about moving threads, I happened to find my answer. Hopefully Mazz still plays and has an easy way to make Bongos 2 work, I love the way it sets my bars up and it stinks to do it manually.

Last edited by StrikerTS : 09-08-07 at 11:20 PM.
09-08-07, 11:24 PM   #12
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
If I recall correctly, Erurainon, the last screenshot I saw of your UI (which had MazzleUI loaded) also had extra stuff on it like you did not do a clean install and have extra things running. This is why you have issues.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-09-07, 12:52 AM   #13
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Seerah
If I recall correctly, Erurainon, the last screenshot I saw of your UI (which had MazzleUI loaded) also had extra stuff on it like you did not do a clean install and have extra things running. This is why you have issues.
But when you "mazzify" aren't you telling it to load only the mods included in it? For instance I still have MetaMap in the list of options to enable within the AddOns list when I click the AddOns button; but it's been disabled - not by me - so obviously by Mazzle. However, if this is the root of my problems it's easy enough to correct. Thank you.
09-09-07, 02:12 AM   #14
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Mazzle won't disable all of your previous mods. Delete the addons in the folder and the WTF folder or just rename them, and I bet it will work a lot better.
09-09-07, 02:25 AM   #15
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

But when you "mazzify" aren't you telling it to load only the mods included in it? For instance I still have MetaMap in the list of options to enable within the AddOns list when I click the AddOns button; but it's been disabled - not by me - so obviously by Mazzle. However, if this is the root of my problems it's easy enough to correct. Thank you.
No, it will only enable and disable add-ons that it knows about. As Seerah suggested, from the looks of your screenshot, you had other things in there and did not do a clean install. If you get an error at any point, it didn't finish what it needs to do and all bets are off. Try a clean install.

And, no stryker, it will not work with Bongos 2. Everything is based on my version of Bongos, which has a modified paging mechanism. If you want to try to use Bongos 2, make sure to turn off all button mazzification related stuff. Personally, I wouldn't though.
09-09-07, 02:35 AM   #16
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz
No, it will only enable and disable add-ons that it knows about. As Seerah suggested, from the looks of your screenshot, you had other things in there and did not do a clean install. If you get an error at any point, it didn't finish what it needs to do and all bets are off. Try a clean install.
Ok, thanks guys. One or two more quick questions though. In the first thumbnail below - how do I put the small windows of me and my pet somewhere else on the screen? I don't know what mod controls these, but I used to use PitBull which did the same thing. In the second thumbnail it shows the box containing my first aid and leatherworking skill icons and my hearth icon. Everytime I click on any of them the entire box disappears. This isn't such a big deal now that I've placed my skill icons in the action bars and I can get to my hearthstone just by opening my bags; but I'd still like to know why it does this and how I can avoid it if I want to at some time in the future.

Also, a quick question about using a different addon with Mazzle - I prefer MetaMap over Cartographer - will it work in place of Cart?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Maz1.jpg
Views:	548
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	1402  Click image for larger version

Name:	Maz2.jpg
Views:	568
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	1403  
09-09-07, 02:52 AM   #17
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

make sure to turn off all button mazzification related stuff. Personally, I wouldn't though.
I wouldn't if I could help it =o( there isn't much I can do though. I like the mod too much but I NEED to have all my options when I'm running heroic and I MC stuff. The moves are just too important.
09-09-07, 02:56 AM   #18
StrikerTS
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Ok, thanks guys. One or two more quick questions though. In the first thumbnail below - how do I put the small windows of me and my pet somewhere else on the screen? I don't know what mod controls these, but I used to use PitBull which did the same thing. In the second thumbnail it shows the box containing my first aid and leatherworking skill icons and my hearth icon. Everytime I click on any of them the entire box disappears. This isn't such a big deal now that I've placed my skill icons in the action bars and I can get to my hearthstone just by opening my bags; but I'd still like to know why it does this and how I can avoid it if I want to at some time in the future.

Also, a quick question about using a different addon with Mazzle - I prefer MetaMap over Cartographer - will it work in place of Cart?

Dude I seriously have no idea what is happening to your screen. The buttons shouldn't be overlapping EVERYTHING. You're not changing your resolution once you mazzify are you?

Also, I answered the post about that box disappearing and reappearing a few posts ago.

And, yes Metamap would technically work but it wouldn't be fully supported. It's another one of those at your own risk things.
09-09-07, 04:20 AM   #19
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I wouldn't if I could help it =o( there isn't much I can do though. I like the mod too much but I NEED to have all my options when I'm running heroic and I MC stuff. The moves are just too important.
You shouldn't be losing any options in that regard.
09-09-07, 04:33 AM   #20
Erurainon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Dude I seriously have no idea what is happening to your screen. The buttons shouldn't be overlapping EVERYTHING. You're not changing your resolution once you mazzify are you?
No, my rez stays at 1024x768 which is supported by Mazz; but I had to adjust the scale to make the tiny print readable. I still need to adjust things like the chat text and such. Hopefully I can make it readable and tidy at the same time. [edit]Just to be clear on this, I did not change the scale after I mazzified - I did so at step 1 of the mazzifying process.[/edit]
Also, I answered the post about that box disappearing and reappearing a few posts ago.
Sorry, don't know how I missed that huge post at the top, but I did.
And, yes Metamap would technically work but it wouldn't be fully supported. It's another one of those at your own risk things.
Cool, thanks. I'll try it with MM and if it doesn't work out I'll switch back. You didn't answer my question about the PitBull-like boxes though.. anyone?

Last edited by Erurainon : 09-09-07 at 04:38 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Pet Bar