07-24-08, 02:56 PM   #21
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I get aggro notices from opposing faction players when they target me and I'm pvp enabled. I'd love to see the screen maintain the red flashing when I get aggro though (don't care about the pvp part nearly as much as pve). I'd pay your sub Mazzle, if you'd only come back .
08-03-08, 04:31 PM   #22
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
I get aggro notices from opposing faction players when they target me and I'm pvp enabled. I'd love to see the screen maintain the red flashing when I get aggro though (don't care about the pvp part nearly as much as pve). I'd pay your sub Mazzle, if you'd only come back .
Not so much interest
08-04-08, 05:00 AM   #23
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
What I meant by sneak up behind me is more like I am running through the woods and there is an NPC hidden by the foliage. I don't see him as I am running by but I still enter his aggro radius. Or I am backing up away from a mob and another mob that is behind me has either moved closer or I moved closer to him. I used to use Xperl unit frames and it had a setting to flash the screen edge red when you got aggro. IN the previous cases, the edge would flash red as soon as I entered the aggro radius and the mob was coming toward me, not when he hit me. It gave me the chance to run in a different direction to avoid actual damage.
In that case, that's just standard aggro. You moved within range. It noticed you, and it attacked. There's nothing technically stealthy or sneaking about it. If it doesn't flash red when you get aggro in that case, then you're at the same point we were earlier in this thread and need to try to find out how the interface to BanzaiLIb needs to be changed.

08-05-08, 01:55 AM   #24
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

In that case, that's just standard aggro. You moved within range. It noticed you, and it attacked. There's nothing technically stealthy or sneaking about it. If it doesn't flash red when you get aggro in that case, then you're at the same point we were earlier in this thread and need to try to find out how the interface to BanzaiLIb needs to be changed.

That also kind of sounds like it was just flashing red whenever you entered combat state. If that's the case, then you could just use the MazzleHUD to tell when a mob is about to attack, since that pops up the second you enter combat.

If the hud suddenly pops up when you're running along, then that would let you know you've entered a mobs radius, and it's about to attack you.

08-05-08, 01:42 PM   #25
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

That works fine unless I am targeting a mob in front of me (HUD would be up) and a mobs aggro radius behind me overlaps where I am standing. In that case, the HUD would be useless. An example of this just happened last night. I was up in Netherstorm and had cleared an area to be able to control one of the mobs in front of me for a quest. No sooner had I clicked on the quest item to start the sequence, when a mob respawned behind me. The only way I knew it was when he hit me. By that time, the quest item had done its thing and since the mob behind me had broken my control on the mob in front of me, now I have two on me. If I had known the mob was behind me earlier I may have been able to stop the cast sequence and deal with the rear mob by itself. Fortunately, I survived.
08-06-08, 01:43 AM   #26
Raegormar
A Fallenroot Satyr
Hmmm, I find this puzzling in some way. How do you play then? In fps mode?
On questing I tend to max zoom out and have the camera in such a way I can see a lot of surroundings. Everything spawning close should be visible then. No spider sense tingling sensation needed
08-06-08, 10:16 AM   #27
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Yes, most of the time I have the camera zoomed out as far as possible, but there are just some places where that is not possible (inside buildings for example). I guess its just my opinion that the aggro indicator (the red frame) should be triggered when you get aggro and not wait for the mob to hit you. And with that, I will move on.

Last edited by whereswaldo : 08-06-08 at 05:28 PM.
08-06-08, 01:31 PM   #28
Blu_Haze
A Cliff Giant

Yes, most of the time I have the camera zoomed out as far as possible, but there are just some places where that is not possible (inside buildings for example). I guess its just my opinion that and aggro indicator (the red frame) should be triggered when you get aggro and not wait for the mob to hit you. And with that, I will move on.
You're certainly not the only one. I would love it as well if it were possible for the aggro notification to work properly regardless of combat state, current selection, etc. I thought that I remembered it working this way once upon a time, using the red flash to instantly use vanish on my raiding rogue back in the BWL days before some big dragon turned to one-shot me.

I suppose I could just use one of those new-fangled mods like Omen to help with that sort of thing, but I quit the game for about a year and a half, right before TBC was released. I no longer raid, and what I've seen of Omen was a bit unimpressive. Maybe it doesn't really shine though until you're in a group with others who also are using the mod and can sync.

08-06-08, 05:51 PM   #29
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, most of the time I have the camera zoomed out as far as possible, but there are just some places where that is not possible (inside buildings for example). I guess its just my opinion that the aggro indicator (the red frame) should be triggered when you get aggro and not wait for the mob to hit you. And with that, I will move on.

No one said the aggro notification should wait until it's hitting you. That's not how it used to behave.
08-07-08, 08:16 AM   #30
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

That's not how it used to behave.
No, it worked perfect for a long time in BC. One of the patches DocELV implemented broke it. In one of the "core xx (1.18? 1.17?) he even posted, that he fixed the aggro warning.

But it does not work.

I remember doing Bloodboil (a boss you tank with 3 tanks, because you always switch aggro) and nearly died, because my frame did not turn red when I got aggro. I was that used to it *g*

This is one of the functions I miss so much.

Last edited by Sarkan-ZdC : 08-12-08 at 08:01 AM.
08-07-08, 11:47 PM   #31
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I think you misunderstood what I said.
08-12-08, 08:01 AM   #32
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I think you misunderstood what I said.
Nah, just should not have quoted you.

Anyhow, I twinked with a small warlock. Had Omen deaktivated (no need at level 10 *g*) and it worked again as it used to.

As long as Target is looking as me everything is red, as soon as my Voidvalker taunted gone.

With omen it gets red for a split second and then goes back to normal. Even if I keep aggro for 60 sek+.

I think somehow omen is screwing this up. Even if omen uses threat lib and not the banzai lib thing.
09-05-08, 03:04 AM   #33
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Has nobody a solution?
10-12-08, 04:13 PM   #34
Moonsong
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I believe this has been fixed? Sorry for my unconscionably long absence - I had a difficult move and began a new job.
10-13-08, 05:01 AM   #35
Sarkan-ZdC
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Moonsong View Post
I believe this has been fixed? Sorry for my unconscionably long absence - I had a difficult move and began a new job.
Nope. Still as it was.

Solo = works no problem
Raid PvE = you get a short red flash, than it is gone. Still the same.

I think, could be omen.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Red Aggro notice - me want more