11-04-09, 11:22 AM   #21
eddiemars
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Not sure if I made it clear yet or not, but just to double check, the reason why I did post this on this website was because the crash was only happening with addons. Hence why I have no report without them. Well that, and this is definitely my favorite addon related website for sure.

Originally Posted by Bluspacecow View Post
When you were testing it without Carbonite did you do the same test you were doing to make it crash with Carbonite loaded ? ... (1) Find a way to replicate it reliably every single time in a particular place in WOW.
I never could seem to get the crash to happen in the same place twice, or if it would happen in the same place, it would be a day or so apart, with clean loads happening in between, also in the same place.

Just to check have you got the latest version of Carbonite ?
Yep, well, the latest from this website (which I assume for Carbonite at least is the most up-to-date place to get it).

Testing the more in-depth info you posted now.

Last edited by eddiemars : 11-04-09 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Better Quotes
11-04-09, 11:33 AM   #22
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

Try out the following things:
1. Deinstall WoW and remove the complete WoW folder if there are left over files and reinstall. Reinstalling wow solves 80% of all problems.
2. Get a virus scanner and scan for all viruses, then deinstall that damn thing cause they usualy are the virus.
3. Do a memory test(Google for memtest86)
4. Buy a new computer
11-04-09, 11:50 AM   #23
eddiemars
A Cyclonian

(2) Wipe any Carbonite files I see in WTF folder. Do a Spotlight search for Carbonite.lua. Wipe any that appear in a SavedVariables folder
None in WTF plain, though there was a ridiculous amount of Carbonite.lua's in the Saved Variables. about 5 or so for every day since August or something. They have been wiped.

That Crash report you posted had the addon Guild2Guild as the current addon , crashing when it did a debuglocals command.
Yeah I see that. Interesting. I would have blamed it on this addon for sure because I have heard other versions of this have crashed people, but no one in my guild has had a crash with this addon since this new version, and besides like I said, I have not had a crash in the past two-three days of removing Carbonite, g2g still installed.

Well, I cleaned out all the carbonite.lua files, and actually while snooping around my saved variables folders I found files I really didn't like being in there, from addons I have not used in a very long time, so thanks for pointing that out, my files look a little cleaner now

Well, I just logged in with Carbonite after the cleanup, and no crash so far. Looking promising.
11-04-09, 12:10 PM   #24
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
Try out the following things:
1. Deinstall WoW and remove the complete WoW folder if there are left over files and reinstall. Reinstalling wow solves 80% of all problems.
2. Get a virus scanner and scan for all viruses, then deinstall that damn thing cause they usualy are the virus.
3. Do a memory test(Google for memtest86)
4. Buy a new computer
Wow.

11-04-09, 04:36 PM   #25
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Cage match?
*dons wrestler briefs*
*covers self in peanut butter*

What ?
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
11-04-09, 08:16 PM   #26
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Oh, I was just saying that it's still sounding like a memory-related issue to me. As in, corruption.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
11-05-09, 10:50 AM   #27
RosyBijou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I hate fatal errors & crashes! Because I mess with my system I do occasionally overdo it... and most times this works for me... usually it's a second-to-last resort though, as it can take some time: (My last resort is uninstalling and then re-installing Wow...)

1. Back-up your interface & wtf files
2. Run WoW's repair tool, resetting everything to default
3. Load WoW, don't panic-- you'll restore your customizations in a minute...
4. Make sure that it runs without crashing... One time, I found that I needed to replace my video card when the program crashed at this point--if it crashes with defaults and no AddOns, you might have developed a problem with your hardware...
5. Exit WoW
6. Copy the config.wtf file back into the World of Warcraft/WTF folder... you should have a folder named Account and a config.wtf file... this config file will configure your system settings back to before...
7. Load WoW again. Now your screen should look more familiar... Log into a few characters to be sure it all runs smooth--it should at this point...
8. I usually make another backup set at this point--since I know it's all repaired, it's easy to backtrack to here if I have a backup. (Probably an unnecessary step but it makes me feel better. )
9. Reload your addons. You probably should load them one-by-one... I'm usually too impatient at this point and tend to put in the ones that I've had the longest, leaving out the newer ones.
10. Reload WoW, logging into each of your characters. Don't bother to configure the AddOns...
11. Log off again and copy specific wtf files:
For Addons like Dominos, that you've spent a good deal of time configuring, dip back into your original backup wtf file and copy those back to where they belong. Just pay attention to the file paths... I don't copy all the wtf files--most of them are easy enough to configure in-game and my assumption at this point is that if it's running smoothly, that the conflict was buried somewhere in those layers of wtf files...

I hope this all helps... Good luck!

Added: sorry--just read back that you haven't had any problems since your file clean-up yesterday-- hope you're still problem free!

If you're one to experiment with lots of different AddOns, they're bound to muddle up your wtf files over time. Here's a nifty little solution to keep your files nice and neat... word of caution though--it's a little wonky at times and has this issue of freezing up. I haven't found another like it though, and I think it's so darn useful that I put up with it's little ((ahem)) issues... You run it outside of Wow...

Last edited by RosyBijou : 11-05-09 at 11:50 AM.
11-05-09, 11:46 AM   #28
Neros
Banned
Reformat or more ram, job done.
11-05-09, 12:24 PM   #29
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Neros View Post
Reformat or more ram, job done.
Neither of those will fix a kernel panic error.
11-05-09, 01:32 PM   #30
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unless, perhaps, you replace the RAM instead of adding to it.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
11-06-09, 11:05 AM   #31
eddiemars
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Unless, perhaps, you replace the RAM instead of adding to it.
Not sure which you are referring to as the better option, heh... I replaced my ram 100% a while ago, with totally new stuff. No ram left that came with the computer.

WELL it happened again since adding Carbonite. A couple times. Still shows g2g as the addon function running when the crash happens though so I am going to try going for a while without that one installed and see what happens. If anyone wants here is the crash report. At this point I'm totally cool with just meddling with this problem on my own, I have asked for enough help by far, but you all seem pretty willing to help, just know I'm grateful and definitely not asking anyone to do more than they already have
Attached Files
File Type: txt wowcrash2.txt (10.1 KB, 856 views)
11-06-09, 11:47 AM   #32
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

What happens when you run with Carbonite and no other addons? Do you still crash? Did you delete the Cache folder to rule out any file corruption there? Did you backup your WTF folder and begin with a new one to rule out file corruption there?

Last edited by Petrah : 11-06-09 at 11:51 AM.
11-06-09, 03:53 PM   #33
eddiemars
A Cyclonian

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
What happens when you run with Carbonite and no other addons? Do you still crash? Did you delete the Cache folder to rule out any file corruption there? Did you backup your WTF folder and begin with a new one to rule out file corruption there?
I didn't try the cache thing no, re-installed all my preferred addons and am trying that now, so far no crashes, maybe looking good.

I didn't try the 'just' Carbonite thing either, that is a good idea I will try that next if this cache thing doesn't fix it.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Total wow crashes on Login (any known addon conflicts around?)