04-12-05, 05:38 AM   #1
MongooseDoom
A Defias Bandit
Help saving money

I would love to see an addon that helps you save money! The only one I can find is PiggyBank but I think it could be improved upon.

I think it would be great if there was an add on that set aside a percent of your income into a bank and then you could only take it out after your reach a certain amount. This would make saving for anything a lot easier because I know that for most people, if that have the money right there, they will spend it.
04-12-05, 10:52 AM   #2
woofiest
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by MongooseDoom
I would love to see an addon that helps you save money! The only one I can find is PiggyBank but I think it could be improved upon.

I think it would be great if there was an add on that set aside a percent of your income into a bank and then you could only take it out after your reach a certain amount. This would make saving for anything a lot easier because I know that for most people, if that have the money right there, they will spend it.
I'll 2nd this. I only wish Blizzard actually have a bank-money slot made, which they don't currently. Like you said, Piggy Bank is your only best bet for now, of creating the "virtual" bank money slot for you

==== For Mod Hogger ======================================
http://www.wowinterface.com/
http://www.wowguru.com/ui
http://www.curse-gaming.com/
http://ui.worldofwar.net/
04-13-05, 12:35 PM   #3
Xyz1346
A Murloc Raider
Why don't you just do 39-30 = 9 and only spend 9g?
04-13-05, 07:42 PM   #4
thegeekyfreak
A Murloc Raider
xyz1346, can you at least try to reason with people in a more fashionable way, all posts ive read that involve you, you have been a real, (putting it this way just so im not banned) meany-butt.

And i agree with those 2, money can really burn a whole in your pocket, and people like to have fun and not worry about being so carefull as to not spend 1 or 2 extra gold.
04-13-05, 08:48 PM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I very much have to agree with thegeekyfreak on this one, xyz1346. The last two of your posts, out of the four total that you've made, have been less than ... helpful ... or courteous ... or even necessary. This board attempts to be friendly and helpful. If you can't offer anything to a particular thread that is both friendly and helpful, then perhaps you may want to not add anything to that particular thread at all. Please re-think your latest posting habits so we don't have to take any steps beyond this request.

Thank you,
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
04-14-05, 05:46 AM   #6
MongooseDoom
A Defias Bandit
Well Xyz1346, what's stopping you from spending that 30g you put in that bank? It's sitting there staring at you at the top of your screen. All you have to do is change the number and you have more. Really you might as well just save money and tell yourself not to spend anything.
04-18-05, 09:08 PM   #7
ngohailong
A Murloc Raider
That would be nice... but extra work for nothing while they could take that time and work on battlegrounds some more!
04-18-05, 09:14 PM   #8
Inokis
EQInterface Staff

Here's a suggestion, Make an alt that you send money to, similar to a mule type character. Use that as your offline account banker. You'd have to wait for deposits/withdrawls through the mail
04-18-05, 09:50 PM   #9
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Interesting solution Inokis!
04-19-05, 01:02 PM   #10
DarksunX
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Inokis
Here's a suggestion, Make an alt that you send money to, similar to a mule type character. Use that as your offline account banker. You'd have to wait for deposits/withdrawls through the mail
You won't have to wait long since gold transfer is instant.
04-19-05, 02:02 PM   #11
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Ah, but you have to conciously and actively decide that you really want the money that way, since it isn't just sitting in your inventory. You have to log out your current character, log in the mule, send the cash, log the mule back out and log back in the one you are playing. I can see benefit to the suggestion.
04-20-05, 01:31 AM   #12
Szakura
A Fallenroot Satyr

Talking Indeed...

I second that idea...I always knew I kept my gnome for something other than a yard ornament . But seriously, I think thats a great idea that we easily overlook.

"Now go to your rooms and spank yourselves!" - Homer Simpson
04-20-05, 07:48 AM   #13
Ratheri
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Thumbs up

A really nice idea... plus, for those that are real penny pinchers, you have the 30 copper banknig fee every time you want to take money out. I know that isn't a lot when you're transfering around loads and loads of gold, but it still adds up.
06-13-06, 12:32 PM   #14
JoshuaD
A Kobold Labourer
Help

this is good an all just how do i get the money out of the piggybank?
06-13-06, 12:51 PM   #15
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
DepositBox will store your money in a virtual bank account, and also supports automatic debits into savings whenever you receive money.

http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/a...continued.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Help saving money