03-27-12, 12:29 PM   #1
aligatorsauris
A Defias Bandit

Exclamation Possible fix with quest text disappearing.

(I didn't do a full search of the site before I decided to post this. I only noticed others having this problem and would rather post a new and visible thread rather than copy-pasting onto every single post about this issue. Apologies if it has already been answered in an obvious way, I just didn't see it.)

Though I'm not sure if there has actually been any addon/script/etc made to fix this problem, I stumbled upon something on accident after spending 3-4 hours reloading my UI after every quest while working on Loremaster.

It's not a problem with Carbonite or any other quest tracker, it's actually just a Blizzard bug. Upon opening an answered ticket while I was getting overly frustrated with reloading every 2 minutes, I was told to (in simpler form, and a typical gm answer) reset WoW itself by deleting a ridiculous amount of folders and to stop playing with addons. Obviously I'd rather reload than get rid of my precious custom UI and skins so I ignored it.

And then while working in another zone on another day, I accidentally double-clicked on a quest (in my log) out of frustration for working on this tedious achievement, and vuala, quest text was back up.

So if you're like me and ready to rip your hair out because of such a stupid issue that still hasn't been fixed, try this. If it doesn't work, then that sucks and I'm sorry for getting your hopes up.

Last edited by aligatorsauris : 03-28-12 at 01:23 PM.

03-27-12, 08:40 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aligatorsauris View Post
And then while working in another zone on another day, I accidentally double-clicked out of frustration for working on this tedious achievement, and vuala, quest text was back up.
Pardon me if I'm being a bit "thick" here, but, double-clicked on what, please?

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

03-28-12, 07:20 AM   #3
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Pardon me if I'm being a bit "thick" here, but, double-clicked on what, please?
same here.. click what??? he left out the big part

03-28-12, 01:20 PM   #4
aligatorsauris
A Defias Bandit

The quest names in the quest log. Sort of the only thing you can click on to notice the fading quest info.. I guess I figured folks could figure that out lol. I'll add that in.

Last edited by aligatorsauris : 03-28-12 at 01:29 PM.

04-01-12, 09:48 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thank you. I'm sorry it took me so long to respond.

I'm curious. How does your quest log act if Carbonite is the only enabled addon? I'm not saying you should delete all of your other addons, but rather disable all of your addons (except Carbonite - leave Carbonite enabled) and run WoW to test and see if you have the same problem with your quest log text. There might be another addon conflicting with Carbonite and that's the best way to find out if there is.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Possible fix with quest text disappearing.