03-15-12, 02:34 PM   #1
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Feedback needed! :)

Here's my UI, LeUI. It's based on AftermathhUI, with some heavy tweaks and editing going on.

I would really appreciate some feedback on this!

I know it's boring with a solo-screenshot, but the raid is a grid-lookalike and is anchored at the bottomleft corner. The focus and pet UF's are on the right side of the actionbars.

As I said, feedback more than welcome!

03-15-12, 04:46 PM   #2
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

I prefer it to the original because it's not enormous, not a fan of the top bar though. I'd make that the same as the bottom bar as it really stands out.

I don't think it should stand out as it holds no important information.
03-15-12, 04:49 PM   #3
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Wimpface View Post
I prefer it to the original because it's not enormous, not a fan of the top bar though. I'd make that the same as the bottom bar as it really stands out.

I don't think it should stand out as it holds no important information.
Thanks for the feedback!

In my config.lua, both panels can be turned off. You can also choose to have the top panel colored as the bottom one, or a color of your own wish. The bottom bar also serves as a threat meter, building up from left to right, and green to red, according to aggro
03-15-12, 05:28 PM   #4
magicsimon
A Defias Bandit
You got most of it well placed!

Centered and vertical(eye movement) for the important focus stuff is better for the eyes and head(widescreens). But repeatable stuff should be minimized(target debuffs etc.) a bit more.

Did you try move minimap and chat frame down instead of up?

Some eye thing again as i recall

When I say eyes etc. then the better placing of components, the less stress the eyes and head get which makes u able to focus better and longer...
Sounds like a potent pill commercial haha...
03-15-12, 05:31 PM   #5
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by magicsimon View Post

Centered and vertical(eye movement) for the important focus stuff is better for the eyes and head(widescreens). But repeatable stuff should be minimized(target debuffs etc.) a bit more.
It appears he only shows his own debuffs on the target, which would make the placement and size fine as it functions as his only debufftimer which is very important as a Shadowpriest.
03-15-12, 05:34 PM   #6
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by magicsimon View Post

Did you try move minimap and chat frame down instead of up?

Some eye thing again as i recall

When I say eyes etc. then the better placing of components, the less stress the eyes and head get which makes u able to focus better and longer...
Sounds like a potent pill commercial haha...
Cheers for the feedback!

I've laborated a bit with the chat, trying to fit it to the bottom. The problem is that this UI is designed on a laptop, 15,6" or whatever it is, so there's literally no space to waste. This is the best I could come up with.

The minimap needs to be at the top (for me personally). I've tried placing it at the bottom of the screen in various other UI's I've thrown together but it always make me sad, sad and sad.

The size of the debuffs are, well, big. But this is because I want to keep good track of them, since I play a class that's heavily dependent on just that, and I prefer icons with counters instead of bars.
03-15-12, 05:40 PM   #7
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

It appears he only shows his own debuffs on the target, which would make the placement and size fine as it functions as his only debufftimer which is very important as a Shadowpriest.

You said it!
03-16-12, 02:38 AM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

The large, bright, class-colored bar across the top is very distracting. You said this can be moved or turned off, but I wouldn't default to showing it that way.

The target debuffs are incredibly huge, and this is coming from someone who can barely tell they are there on a 27" screen if I don't use my glasses.

Also, the debuffs might be better placed above the target frame, rather than next to it, where they make the UI look lopsided.

The target frame should probably be wider, so that names are not truncated.

The health on the target frame should be shown in a more human-readable format, like "147m", instead of a long string that is meaningless at first glance and requires actually being read.

Framerate and average latency are pretty much never remotely important, so I don't understand why anyone wants them showing on the screen all the time. It's just more stuff to clutter up the screen and distract the eye from things that actually matter.
03-16-12, 03:41 AM   #9
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
The large, bright, class-colored bar across the top is very distracting. You said this can be moved or turned off, but I wouldn't default to showing it that way.

The target debuffs are incredibly huge, and this is coming from someone who can barely tell they are there on a 27" screen if I don't use my glasses.

Also, the debuffs might be better placed above the target frame, rather than next to it, where they make the UI look lopsided.

The target frame should probably be wider, so that names are not truncated.

The health on the target frame should be shown in a more human-readable format, like "147m", instead of a long string that is meaningless at first glance and requires actually being read.

Framerate and average latency are pretty much never remotely important, so I don't understand why anyone wants them showing on the screen all the time. It's just more stuff to clutter up the screen and distract the eye from things that actually matter.
Thanks! Thats some really good points you got there Phanx.

The HP-string, you're absolutely right, now that you mentioned it it looks almost stupid. I don't know if I want the frame wider though, id sacrifice a few long names to get the size i want.

The latency and fps are good points aswell, i dont fond myself looking at them nearly at all.

I cant understand why people hate my target debuffs though! How much more space would a debufftracking addon with bars take? Id say quite some. I personally need those debuffs, and i want to easily be able to see what debuff im looking at and a visible timer.
03-16-12, 05:23 PM   #10
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by lerb View Post
I cant understand why people hate my target debuffs though! How much more space would a debufftracking addon with bars take? Id say quite some. I personally need those debuffs, and i want to easily be able to see what debuff im looking at and a visible timer.
I'm not suggesting that you get rid of the target debuffs, or turn then into bars (which I agree are a waste of space). I'm just saying I think the icons are too big, and would look less awkward (regardless of their size) if they were above the target frame instead of next to it.
03-17-12, 07:44 AM   #11
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
I'm not suggesting that you get rid of the target debuffs, or turn then into bars (which I agree are a waste of space). I'm just saying I think the icons are too big, and would look less awkward (regardless of their size) if they were above the target frame instead of next to it.
That's true. I have the target castbar sitting in top of the targetframe now, maybe it would be better if the castbar and the debuffs swap places? I have the player castbar placed below the targetframe.
03-17-12, 09:33 AM   #12
Wimpface
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by lerb View Post
That's true. I have the target castbar sitting in top of the targetframe now, maybe it would be better if the castbar and the debuffs swap places? I have the player castbar placed below the targetframe.
Or put your Target Debuffs above the target castbar, or move the target castbar to under the player castbar. I don't think it should be off to the side.
03-18-12, 03:27 PM   #13
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Or put your Target Debuffs above the target castbar, or move the target castbar to under the player castbar. I don't think it should be off to the side.
I tried what you said, debuffs above target frame and target castbar below player castbar, and it turned out great! Thanks a lot

I'll be posting a raidshot next time, would really appreciate further feedback

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Feedback needed! :)