02-03-10, 08:49 AM   #1
RosyBijou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
add on that shows profession/crafted material components in tooltips

I've seen this somewhere but can't remember... It's making me nuts that I'm saving certain white items, perfectly knowing why I'm saving them at the time, and then not remembering a week or so later... ((yes, I know, alzheimers))... one of the reasons I love my tooltips!

Does anyone know of an addon that upon mousing over an item in bag, will show what profession and/or crafted item that material is a component of?
02-03-10, 08:53 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by RosyBijou View Post
I've seen this somewhere but can't remember... It's making me nuts that I'm saving certain white items, perfectly knowing why I'm saving them at the time, and then not remembering a week or so later... ((yes, I know, alzheimers))... one of the reasons I love my tooltips!

Does anyone know of an addon that upon mousing over an item in bag, will show what profession and/or crafted item that material is a component of?
Mendeleev

filler text
02-03-10, 09:27 AM   #3
RosyBijou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Zyonin View Post

Nice! I'm pretty sure that's not the one I had, but it will fit the bill perfectly! Thanks so much!
02-03-10, 09:49 AM   #4
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by RosyBijou View Post
Nice! I'm pretty sure that's not the one I had, but it will fit the bill perfectly! Thanks so much!
He he, no problem! Have fun!
02-03-10, 11:16 AM   #5
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
I know it's been answered but TSI is wonderful as well. I particularly like the fact you can <mod> right click on an item and it will bring up TSI's gui with every crafted item that can be made with the regent.
02-03-10, 12:01 PM   #6
RosyBijou
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by nickyjean View Post
I know it's been answered but TSI is wonderful as well. I particularly like the fact you can <mod> right click on an item and it will bring up TSI's gui with every crafted item that can be made with the regent.
Thanks Nickyjean. Would you mind linking TSI? I searched it here, at Curse and at WowAce & didn't find it. Perhaps it has a different file title? You've got me interested...
02-03-10, 12:02 PM   #7
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by nickyjean View Post
I've looked on here and on Curse, and cannot find any addon called "TSI". Can you share the link please?
02-03-10, 01:18 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I believe he's referring to TradeSkillInfo. The version here is out of date, but here is the addon on Curse: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...kill-info.aspx
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-03-10, 01:51 PM   #9
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunately that appears to also be out of date (the author hasn't followed up with any of the comments since last November). None of the ICC recipes have been added.
02-03-10, 02:14 PM   #10
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

ICC stuff was added in December...however, everything is in the alpha branch - for whatever reason, neither author has seen fit to release to Curse since November. The alpha versions can be found here.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
02-03-10, 05:08 PM   #11
nickyjean
Premium Member
Premium Member
Thanks Seerah. I actually thought I did add the link.. sorry about that. My husband and I are still currently using TSI and haven't had any errors. But I understand the concern. Give it a whirl and if it doesn't work let the author know, but I haven't had any issues with it at all. Also the new patch dropped just yesterday so a lot of addons are "out of date" even though they work fine.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » add on that shows profession/crafted material components in tooltips