05-31-13, 12:04 AM   #1
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
Battlefield Barrens!

Two questions.

To use the beta - download, drag and drop into Interface folder and let the folders merge? Or delete all old Carbonite folders, then drag and drop? I usually stay away from Alpha/Betas for addons, so I'm not 100% sure.

Second: Since Battlefield Barrens came out, I've had sporadic icons for the bosses, caravans, and overturned shipments. Is this addressed in the beta? Or is it working, and my Carbonite is just borked? I'm getting like 5-6 announcements about overturned shipments but no icons are showing now, right this moment. x__x

Thanks!

05-31-13, 12:28 AM   #2
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Actually this may be a Blizz issue.....they have addressed a couple of the icons and the appearance/disappearance.....do to this, I am unsure that the icon issue is purely Carbonite.
In Tuesdays Patch notes there was mention of a fix for a couple of issues in the Barrens

05-31-13, 04:46 AM   #3
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Mishii View Post
To use the beta - download, drag and drop into Interface folder and let the folders merge? Or delete all old Carbonite folders, then drag and drop? I usually stay away from Alpha/Betas for addons, so I'm not 100% sure.
Thanks!
Your best bet, and to have the least possible complications, is to always delete the old Carbonite folders and then install the new ones.

05-31-13, 05:38 AM   #4
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

it is a Blizz issue, Mishii. most of my guildies do not have carbonite and we are all having the same problem

05-31-13, 07:37 AM   #5
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Same... when they do show up, they appear in carbonite with no issue.. but none of my guildies use carbonite and they have the same problem of overturned caravans not showing up, commanders staying up after dead, and carts sometimes dissapearing during travel.

05-31-13, 09:24 AM   #6
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Two questions.

Second: Since Battlefield Barrens came out, I've had sporadic icons for the bosses, caravans, and overturned shipments. Is this addressed in the beta? Or is it working, and my Carbonite is just borked? I'm getting like 5-6 announcements about overturned shipments but no icons are showing now, right this moment. x__x

Thanks!

The spamming of overturned carts and bosses showing up when they aren't really up has to do with the cross-realm "feature" of WoW in lower population areas. You are getting multiple notifications from other realms, but you can't actually see the over turned carts and bosses because the area has a significant population, thus you aren't crossing into another realm to see the cart/boss.
Hopefully Blizz fixes the issue soon... it's a real head ache.

I'm generally not a fan of the Cross Realm feature to begin with except in those rare cases where you simply cannot complete a quest without multiple people. It is however nice for LFG. Beyond that, I can't understand why they made it server wide. This is just one more example of a need to remove it from the general portion of the game. /rant

05-31-13, 01:06 PM   #7
Mishii
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by NoggenFogger View Post
The spamming of overturned carts and bosses showing up when they aren't really up has to do with the cross-realm "feature" of WoW in lower population areas. You are getting multiple notifications from other realms, but you can't actually see the over turned carts and bosses because the area has a significant population, thus you aren't crossing into another realm to see the cart/boss.
Hopefully Blizz fixes the issue soon... it's a real head ache.

I'm generally not a fan of the Cross Realm feature to begin with except in those rare cases where you simply cannot complete a quest without multiple people. It is however nice for LFG. Beyond that, I can't understand why they made it server wide. This is just one more example of a need to remove it from the general portion of the game. /rant
XREALM. Oh. That makes sense. UGH. Love it and hate it .....is there a way to turn off that sound? (Or is it from DBM? My farm started making odd sounds now too for the plants...)

Thanks for your replies everyone!

05-31-13, 06:15 PM   #8
crazzzzi
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

i remember reading that the new barrens "zone" wasn't going to be x-realmed

05-31-13, 06:27 PM   #9
NoggenFogger
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by crazzzzi View Post
i remember reading that the new barrens "zone" wasn't going to be x-realmed
It isn't cross-realm in the sense that when you find an over turned wagon, you aren't competing with Cross-Realm players for the resources. However The Barrens had been cross-realm before 5.3, and when they stopped cross-realm in that zone, it seems there is a problem with the notifications of the over turned wagons, and the notifications are still going cross-realm.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Battlefield Barrens!