10-01-07, 06:32 PM   #1
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
For Mac Users

A user submitted a comment in the patch download comments that seems useful. It's a way to get around the way that the MacOS will overwrite an entire folder instead of just files that are old.

Originally Posted by writer648
If you are on a Mac, you have to merge the contents of the Base install with the patch. One quick way to do this is to launch Terminal (located in /Applications/Utilities).

1) Copy the base Addons into your interface directory just like the directions say
2) If you download the patch and have it on your desktop (it will appear in ~/Desktop/AddOns/)
3) You can launch Terminal to do all the synchronization for you with the following one liner, please cut paste it so you don't screw up the / \ stuff:
rsync -va ~/Desktop/AddOns/ /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

It's basically: rsync -va SOURCE DESTINATION.
You can google rsync for more info.
rsync -va tells it to synchronize the two directories, the va tells it to do it verbosely so it will dump out what it's doing.

The ~ tells it that you want to use your currently logged in user home directory, in that directory is a folder called Desktop that represents the contents of your desktop.

The /Applications..... stuff is the path to your addons folder inside the WoW folder. / represents directories, the \ represents the fact that you have space in the name, so it tells Terminal that you're not done with the command, you just have a space.

Hope that helps.
10-02-07, 04:16 AM   #2
Borat
A Murloc Raider

There is also another way, slightly friendlier on the eye! And you don't need to get scared about writing commands in UNIX.

For those of you with OsX 10.4 Tiger, pop in your install DVD (or restore DVD - comes with pre installed machines) there will be a folder called Xcode Tools, inside open the folder called packages then run the installer called Developer Tools.

Once this is done navigate to the root directory, open developer folder and find app called FileMerge, or just type FileMerge in spotlight.

This is a gui file merging app, it basically compares 2 different folders (and all the files within) and then tells you which bits are different, its a very handy tool to check differences in what might seem like 2 identical pieces of code, altthough it can also be used to merge folders without overwriting all the info like Finder currently does.

Hopefully you'll find it comparitively easy to use and less scary than Terminal
11-29-07, 09:45 PM   #3
Geck
A Murloc Raider
Heyo MazzleFizz,

Just found this method and will try it out for sure.
I am still hoping you will offer to post a submitted-to you 2.3 version.

Heyo Borat,

I had difficulty setting up FileMerge to complete this operation successfully. I found the text description within the program oddly uninformative, meaning I had little or no idea what was being replaced with what.

Helping hand?
I am still researching this process through other avenues (like they ones mentioned above) but I thank you for addressing the FileMerge method.

~Geck

Last edited by Geck : 11-29-07 at 09:48 PM.
11-30-07, 02:57 AM   #4
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Good find. That was the post that I've mentioned several times recently. And, all credit should go to writer648, who posted the suggestion in the first place.
11-30-07, 06:21 AM   #5
Geck
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Woot!

"rsync -va " worked perfectly. I used this and the thread "Help for ALL of your mazzle needs!" by Detard as a recent walkthrough of patch order.

Started with 1.11, did the BC patch by hand as it is only two .lua deep, Then Detard 3.5 and then 4.

I definitely renamed my WTF folder and I did all of the rsync commands on the desktop and moved the final compilation into my WoW Interface folder.

BTW for those not savvy with Terminal, you can type "rsync -va " (note the space before and after -va) into terminal then drag the Patch AddOns folder into the terminal window and then immediately drag the To-Be-Patched AddOns folder into terminal. Terminal understands this and writes the location lines for you. Slick. Strike the enter key and your on to the next step. I ended up with the proper number of folders and it seemed a reasonable size. (77 mb?) Process took a while to get the hang of and I did a bunch of testing with the order of the folders in the Terminal command, but now that I am comfortable with it I could do the entire process in a couple of minutes.

Mazzifier worked perfectly, button showed, and I did the scream and prayer. Woot. Was able to mazzify all of my toons which includes one of each class. Only slightly misplaced bar with food and such (autobar?), and other initial setup routines.
With no bugs in the bugs in the bug sack I feel this qualifies as a solid success.

Thank you Mazzlefizz, Detard, and writer648 (not to mention all those whose shoulders were soundly stood upon.)

And thank you to everyone else who took the time to read this late night post replete with poor grammar and organization.

Cheers

~Geck
12-23-07, 07:30 PM   #6
Louns
A Murloc Raider
I'm fairly new to Mac, and I recently got a MacBook Pro. I'm an old school Mazzle user, but I cant seem to get mazzle to work for my mac. The main problem seems to be that despite having the mazzle files in my addons folder, it isn't showing up in the game. I've tried the rsync process and it didn't seem to solve the problem. Am I doing something wrong? Any suggestions?
12-23-07, 11:52 PM   #7
Mortlach
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Louns: more info please

Louns,

Can you verify the Mazzle upgrade process you went thru such as this ?
Can you verify the path name of your AddOns folder?
Did you extract everything properly?
Give us some more info, please!

-Mortie

Morticai, Prince & GuildMaster of Briar Rose, Horde

Last edited by Mortlach : 12-23-07 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Add link to forum msg
12-25-07, 06:53 PM   #8
Louns
A Murloc Raider
Well, I eventually got it to show up on my addons page in the game, and was able to get the mazzifier to come up, but could not get it to complete. So I ended up copying my wtf and interface folders off my pc and pasting them on my mac. It seemed to work better lol. Thanks for trying to help.
06-09-08, 03:50 PM   #9
xenius
A Fallenroot Satyr
anyone having problems with the ui when you switch to window mode (apple+m) when i do this en return to normal mode somethings are ****ed up and i always have to reload the ui :/
06-16-08, 09:45 AM   #10
aphasia
A Defias Bandit
Yes, toggling Apple-M to go to/from Windows mode borks a bunch of things...the most noticeable being:

1. The skins chosen for the bottom goes all black.
2. The trinkets buttons lose their icons (clicking the empty boxes works though).
3. The circle buttons for MazzleUI, SmartBuffs, Recap, etc can randomly disappear. It seems to be completely random, and usually a single button remains (which is also random).

I'll grab a screen shot and post a pic.

Reloading the UI fixes this, but it's a pain to have to continuously reload the UI.
06-16-08, 10:02 AM   #11
aphasia
A Defias Bandit
Here's a sample of it when windowed on a Mac. In this example, the circular buttons on the right are ok. They randomly disappear though.

06-16-08, 06:45 PM   #12
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This is a long-standing problem with WoW and user textures. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with MazzleUI, and there isn't anything an add-on can do to remedy this.

(I could be wrong, though. Someone once reported that EEPanels didn't suffer from this issue. If so, DocEvl, you may want to see if you can figure what it does differently.)
06-16-08, 07:34 PM   #13
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post
This is a long-standing problem with WoW and user textures. As far as I know, it has nothing to do with MazzleUI, and there isn't anything an add-on can do to remedy this.

(I could be wrong, though. Someone once reported that EEPanels didn't suffer from this issue. If so, DocEvl, you may want to see if you can figure what it does differently.)
I thought the same Mazzlefizz (wow issue not MazzleUI). If EEPanels does not have this issue I will check to see how it loads and renders the images and see if it does anything differently.

07-18-08, 12:49 AM   #14
Shepa
A Kobold Labourer
still not working

I have tried everything that you have suggested but when i complete the mazzifier questionnare and click "mazzify me" the second button doesn't appear and i am stuck with an incomplete ui.

how do i fix this problem?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » For Mac Users