04-15-09, 08:26 PM   #1
dwinsplace
A Kobold Labourer
Dual spec issues w Bartender 4

Does anyone have suggestions on how to many Bartender remember the buttons for each spec? So I dont spend 5 mins making sure all the new spells for each spec are in the bars everytime i switch.

Thanks!
04-15-09, 08:57 PM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Spell placement on the bars is stored server side. Are you saying that when you change specs back and forth you have to redo your buttons from scratch? Or do you find you only have access to one set of bars instead of them changing for each spec? Bartender reuses the Blizzard buttons/bars, so if those change, then Bartender changes. Granted, I do not use it myself.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-16-09, 02:34 AM   #3
Snoweh
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i find switching back and forth to be bugged at the moment, Changing from Primary to alternate: After doing so say's i have 2 talents to spend, which by rights was already placed and filled, switching back free's up a further 7, with this i keep having to drag the end tier spells from the spell book back.
04-16-09, 03:06 AM   #4
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

I havent had any issues using bartender with dual spec switching on the 2 characters ive done it on (priest and deathknight). Might want to go to the addonpage and subit a formal bug report. Be as detailed as you can. Also make sure your fully up to date. As little bugs crop up authors are pushing out updates a little more quickly for the new features.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-16-09, 03:36 AM   #5
jokopapoulis
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by dwinsplace View Post
Does anyone have suggestions on how to many Bartender remember the buttons for each spec? So I dont spend 5 mins making sure all the new spells for each spec are in the bars everytime i switch.

Thanks!
make another profile and use it ........m8
04-16-09, 04:32 AM   #6
Amethyst
A Fallenroot Satyr

Latest version of Bartender seems to work fine and remembers my abilities on a "per spec" basis.

The issue with talent points is a separate thing and a Blizzard bug to do with dual spec. Every time I switch to ARMS spec on my warrior, it loads up without Mortal Strike and consequently without all of the stuff below that.
04-26-09, 10:49 PM   #7
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I use a Belkin game pad and have my attack skills bound to the buttons on the game pad. Using Bartender I have my attack skills lined up on my ui in the order that they are bound to my game pad. The game pad has 3 available sets of bindings that can be used. So when I switch specs and stances I just tap the button under my thumb to switch the keybinds settings on my game pad.

I am a warrior dual specced prot/fury and this set up works really well for me.
04-28-09, 09:08 AM   #8
TuLe
A Black Drake

Just try and place ure spells and shortcuts on the same place. Like i got a paladin prot and holy what i do is organize my bars with the same layout and aign the same keys for the spells that would be related for the build like Avenger shield (alt+w) when prot and Beacon of light (alt+w) when holy. This works for me since ive memorized these shortcuts.

Hope this helps
04-30-09, 09:11 PM   #9
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Uninstall Bartender 4 completely, including the WTF folders then reinstall it and try again.

As others have said, I too haven't had any trouble with my duel-spec action bar switch...

...except (this could be a server side problem) that when I'm in let's say my Primary Spec and I acheive a new level in my profession (Getting my Engineering from Artisan to Master for example), then if I switch to my Off-Spec, the shortcut to my profession window will be missing and I have to put it there again. I'm pretty sure that's a server side problem, but was wondering if anyone else noticed that?
05-01-09, 10:25 AM   #10
Taryble
A Molten Giant

PerfectH, it does that because it's technically a new spell. Fishing (Expert) is a different "spell" (different spell id) than Fishing (Artisan), for example.

It automatically updates to the new spell on the actionbar you have active, but when you go to swap talents, and the server swaps the actionbar data, it can't "find" the old spell, and doesn't know to replace it with the new one.
05-02-09, 06:19 AM   #11
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
PerfectH, it does that because it's technically a new spell. Fishing (Expert) is a different "spell" (different spell id) than Fishing (Artisan), for example.

It automatically updates to the new spell on the actionbar you have active, but when you go to swap talents, and the server swaps the actionbar data, it can't "find" the old spell, and doesn't know to replace it with the new one.
That does make sense to me, but I wonder if Blizzard could fix it so that it updates on your other spec's action bar?

Might not be a bad idea to submit this to the Bug or Feedback forum on the WoW forums then?
10-06-09, 12:26 PM   #12
Oryx
A Kobold Labourer
BT Talent Swapping

I can confirm that creating a new profile and then copying the previous profile/layout you want will make keep your buttons when you swap back and forth between specs. =)

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Dual spec issues w Bartender 4