07-25-13, 11:04 AM   #1
shyrotam
A Cliff Giant
Gear Announce

Is there an addon that will scan other players gear at the beginning of a BG and announce how many greens they have equipped?
07-25-13, 01:49 PM   #2
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That sounds annoying and unnecessary. Why does it need to announce anything? Most likely, nobody but you actually cares or wants to be spammed about it.
07-25-13, 03:05 PM   #3
Nynaeve
A Cobalt Mageweaver

That sounds like pure spam as well as highly combative and possibly even slightly harassing.

The ONLY reason you'd want to announce this kind of thing would be to Shame the person and Get them Kicked.

People run BGs for Honor. To buy Gear. You don't get much gold from pvp, so you honestly expect every person who's running BGs (to get gear) to be fully decked out in a crafted PvP set they likely can't afford, and would soon be replacing with the Honor Gear they'd be getting from running the BGs? These are regular battlegrounds, not RBGs or Arenas.

Also, it's important to give people a shot, instead of immediately jumping on them because "their gear isn't up to your standards" or "their spec isn't right" etc.

Just my 2 copper.
07-26-13, 12:14 PM   #4
shyrotam
A Cliff Giant
I'm still hoping to find an addon that announces the number of green items equipped. Thanks for any help.
07-28-13, 02:54 PM   #5
shyrotam
A Cliff Giant
I don't much appreciate the rude replies. I'm not going to argue.

Please someone hook me up? Thanks again.
07-28-13, 03:36 PM   #6
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Not everything that can be made should be made.

I didn't see anything rude in authors dismissing an addon that promotes toxic player behavior.

Add me to the list of those that wouldn't create or support such an addon, there's enough player generated barriers in the game we don't need more.
07-28-13, 07:32 PM   #7
Talyrius
An Onyxian Warder

I don't join battlegrounds in green gear and I'd prefer that others do the same. However, publicly shaming them won't resolve anything. It takes teamwork to win a battleground and such an addon would only serve to cause discord—a bigger hindrance to success than green gear.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Gear Announce