11-24-08, 07:23 PM   #1701
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Hawk29 View Post

Your tool tips - I really like that your tooltips can be repositioned so easily. It makes positioning them much easier than most other tooltips.

However, previously I've used several different add-ons for their customizable look and utility, such as Tinytip, TipTac and CowTip. And I would like to continue using an add-on that would allow me to have that additional functionality if it's at all possible.

I've tried setting your tooltips to the default settings in hopes that it would release those settings, allowing me to use a different add-on. However, it seems that the default setting simply repositions the tool tips to the default location maintaining your add-ons setting, correct?

If that is the case, would it be possible to disable your tooltips completely, allowing a different add-on to be used? Or would it be possible to allow some of the functionality that is available in some of the other more popular add-ons?
I use CowTip because if the added customization and the option of having the health bar and mana bar on the sides.

what i did was rename the nUI_Tooltips.lua file to nUI_Tooltips.lua.bak
so that nui wont use it and it is still there if i decide to go back to the nui tool tips.

that file can be found in the nUI\Integration folder.

once that is done you use CowTip's options to move and set the tool tips to the desired location and size.

hope this helps

11-24-08, 07:26 PM   #1702
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by fludder View Post
I've found that FuBar + nUI = FUBAR'd UI

FuBar enabled gui goes to hell. Remove ONLY fubar ... No problems

Ive moved to SLDatatext and/or NOXInformation Bar

just my 2 cents
weird im using fubar 3.5 and it works great, i recommend upgrading to the latest fubar and that should fix your issues.

11-24-08, 07:34 PM   #1703
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Tarkas --

I've taken your request to heart and found a compromise that allows me to use the full power of the binding interface while still staying compatible with Bliz's default action bars.

Here's how it works as of the code changes I made this evening (which will be in the next update release)

When you log into WoW with nUI enabled, it reads all of the default Bliz action bar bindings, unbinds them and then binds the same keys to nUI's action bars. If you want to change your nUI action bar bindings, you do it through the Bliz keybinding interface (and I'll be adding a ctrl-alt-right-click option to set bindings on specific buttons, as well) using the sections defined for nUI's action bars. Now, when you go to log out of WoW, nUI takes all of its action bar bindings, unbinds them and then binds those same keys to the default Bliz action bars.

The net result is this... as long as nUI is enabled, the key bindings are made relative to nUI's action bars. However, any time you exit, those key bindings are not stored as nUI specific key bindings, but are stored as your default Bliz action bar bindings. Thus, if you then disable nUI and log in, ALL of your key bindings are saved and available.

So... no lost key bindings using nUI's action bars.
scott,

i have to say you are an absolute programming genius. thanks for the great work i wish i had half the skill and talent you have, but then a gain im just getting into object oriented programming with python so i have a ways to go.

Last edited by mscott998 : 11-24-08 at 07:36 PM.

11-24-08, 07:53 PM   #1704
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

The Hud - is there a way to add a frame around the names of the player and target? Being color blind, trying to find some of the bright text colors mixed in with the bright game colors can be a little difficult. A small frame and maybe a background surrounding the character info might be what it takes to make it just a little bit more visible.

Oh, and would it be possible to add the character level to the character info?
I was looking for something like that too, and while 3.0 totally broke nui i started using Icehud and fell in love with its customization.

I love what scott has done with Nui, but i wanted to try Icehud with it and see how it worked and i liked the out come. check the pic below do see how it looked.

what i did to use this and not have the default nui hud behind it was to rename the hud folder to Hud.bak. the folder is in the nui folder.

this removed the nui hud and the hud switching button and allowed for the use of icehud. i then customized it to what is shown in the picture.

you should be able to see the player, pet and target casting bars, health and mana bars. as well as the name and lvl of the target above the target bars.

Ice hud also has a threat bar that i like until nui gets the hud threat bar back
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thisa one.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	256.6 KB
ID:	2070  

11-24-08, 07:53 PM   #1705
Hawk29
A Murloc Raider
Okay, I figureed it out.

I had Moveanything loaded and that appearently didn't like button bag graphic. No more moveanything, now everything works fine.

So I can go ahead and reload all of my fuBar addons and get back to playin.

Thanks again!

And thanks Mscott, for the "tip" on CowTip. I think TinyTips is working correctly now, but I will keep it in mind should I find things not working the way I want.

11-24-08, 08:02 PM   #1706
mscott998
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Okay, I figureed it out.

I had Moveanything loaded and that appearently didn't like button bag graphic. No more moveanything, now everything works fine.

So I can go ahead and reload all of my fuBar addons and get back to playin.

Thanks again!

And thanks Mscott, for the "tip" on CowTip. I think TinyTips is working correctly now, but I will keep it in mind should I find things not working the way I want.
weird i use moveanything too and it works fine, make sure you have the latest version and you should be ok.

feel free to message me if needed, i can help ya if you are having troubles finding the latest up to date versions of your mods.

my guild calls me the Mod King lol

11-24-08, 08:25 PM   #1707
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by fludder View Post
I've found that FuBar + nUI = FUBAR'd UI

FuBar enabled gui goes to hell. Remove ONLY fubar ... No problems

Ive moved to SLDatatext and/or NOXInformation Bar

just my 2 cents
I had a similar issue with FuBar messing with nUI. The entire graphic on the bottom got shifted to the left about a 1/4 to 1/2 an inch (top also I think). When I disabled FuBar and logged back in, everything was back to normal. I then re-enabled FuBar and it stayed fixed. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with me re-sizing the window (I play in windowed mode, not full-screen). It doesnt happen every time, but seems to happen at random.

Unfortunately, I'm not playing WoW currently otherwise I could force the problem and include a screen shot.

Last edited by whereswaldo : 11-24-08 at 08:28 PM.

11-25-08, 08:48 AM   #1708
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Question keybindign not liking to work

Hi I download the new one and having some troubles with my action bars locking up on me when i use the keys.

Did not have troubles with it prior to new release.

It also keep tell'n me I have not learned that spell. I disable all mod but nUi and it still happen, it would cast it If I click with my mouse but not with my keys.

I have never set keybinding, But have just use blizz default ones.
Reloading seem to fix it for a short time but I am reloading like every ten muites or so.

any Ideas?

Also I see there a new little line going thou the spell bar when i cast a spell. What is it? IT fine when I cast spells but on My DK it just bugging me as it goes thou my rune area and I have no clue what it is.

Thanks for you hard work.

11-25-08, 09:30 AM   #1709
spiel2001
nUI's Author

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Kiwii --

Okay... it appears I introduced a bug in the last update when I changed how I do keybindings. I made a fix last night which I will release when I get home from work this evening.

As for the new "little line" going through the casting bar and the runes, that is the global cooldown indicator (GCD) -- as long as that ball on a string is visible, you cannot cast any spell or action that is tied to the global cooldown. Learn to watch that timer and anticipate its end and you can stop spamming your keys/buttons and your spell casting will become much more efficient.

The way that indicator works is that when you cast a spell or action that triggers the global cooldown, the line appears with the spark on the left end... the spark moves left to right as the global cooldown expires and the entire thing vanishes when the GCD has expired. It's the same mechanism as the clock animation on the action buttons but for most people much easier to see and located together with your casting bar and latency bar... so now you have everything you need to know about your spell casts in one place.

Originally Posted by KiwiiDawn View Post
Hi I download the new one and having some troubles with my action bars locking up on me when i use the keys.

Did not have troubles with it prior to new release.

It also keep tell'n me I have not learned that spell. I disable all mod but nUi and it still happen, it would cast it If I click with my mouse but not with my keys.

I have never set keybinding, But have just use blizz default ones.
Reloading seem to fix it for a short time but I am reloading like every ten muites or so.

any Ideas?

Also I see there a new little line going thou the spell bar when i cast a spell. What is it? IT fine when I cast spells but on My DK it just bugging me as it goes thou my rune area and I have no clue what it is.

Thanks for you hard work.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-25-08 at 10:49 AM.

11-25-08, 09:40 AM   #1710
Sloth
An Aku'mai Servant
Hey,
I know, you already have plenty of work, but still: a feature request

Would it be possible to add something like a "ghost debuff" to the hud debuff bar?
When the debuff falls off it's still shown on the mob, but in a light gray.

Guess that would be really helpfull for an affliction warlock.

11-25-08, 09:57 AM   #1711
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Smile

Sweet thanks you very much. And I like that now no need to look at my buttons at all lol.

Ill wait for your fix this eve then. Good thing its Tuesday, It sucks havin your key go out on ya when gettin ganked

11-25-08, 10:53 AM   #1712
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm not sure if that's something I would want to put on the HUD or not... I can see the value in it to some extent... it's kind of the aura bar that's in the HUD only in reverse... it only shows the spells that were on the target, but aren't anymore. They are kind of the spells that aren't in the aura bar. I can see that getting pretty messy though. Let me think on it.

I know that when I play my lock it's kind of easy to get confused on which spell is missing from the seven or eight I usually have on any given target... so I can see where it would be useful to have an indicator that "this one" isn't there anymore. I'm just not sure how to implement or where to put the icons.

Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
Hey,
I know, you already have plenty of work, but still: a feature request

Would it be possible to add something like a "ghost debuff" to the hud debuff bar?
When the debuff falls off it's still shown on the mob, but in a light gray.

Guess that would be really helpfull for an affliction warlock.

11-25-08, 11:24 AM   #1713
Yorgo
A Kobold Labourer
feedback

Hi there, I've downloaded and installed this new ui and I liked it. But due to conflicts I choose to uninstall it until it has improved in development, i figured I'd throw my two cents in.

1) When you first install it complete erases your key bindings for your main bar, maybe it was your intention to do this but when it happened to me I freaked out because I couldn't find any help with the slash commands for this, finally I just went into blizzards key binding menu and re-inputted the info.

2) A great start to any great UI / mod is an interface menu of some sort. Slash commands work, but after a long days work no one wants to be playing with slash commands to modify anything.

3) Having options to move the zoom buttons from mini map, or the mini map button itself along with the mail indicator would be nice, even if the option is to move them into the mini map button bag.

4) More HUD features! or the ability to easily customize them.

5) Option to Remove the Top Section, some people like myself don't even use those buttons because of shortcut key inputs.

6) Player / Party / Raid frames Scaling Options. I love small buttons, but player/party/raid frames i like them a bit bigger. Using UI Scaling has caused issues as you are aware.

Well there's a start of my QQ post lol I hope this input helps to improve this beautiful UI.

11-25-08, 11:56 AM   #1714
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Thank you for your feedback. Most of the points you have made here have been addressed in the patch notes, to-do list and the last eight or nine posts, so I won't reiterate them here.

Originally Posted by Yorgo View Post
Hi there, I've downloaded and installed this new ui and I liked it. But due to conflicts I choose to uninstall it until it has improved in development, i figured I'd throw my two cents in.

1) When you first install it complete erases your key bindings for your main bar, maybe it was your intention to do this but when it happened to me I freaked out because I couldn't find any help with the slash commands for this, finally I just went into blizzards key binding menu and re-inputted the info.

2) A great start to any great UI / mod is an interface menu of some sort. Slash commands work, but after a long days work no one wants to be playing with slash commands to modify anything.

3) Having options to move the zoom buttons from mini map, or the mini map button itself along with the mail indicator would be nice, even if the option is to move them into the mini map button bag.

4) More HUD features! or the ability to easily customize them.

5) Option to Remove the Top Section, some people like myself don't even use those buttons because of shortcut key inputs.

6) Player / Party / Raid frames Scaling Options. I love small buttons, but player/party/raid frames i like them a bit bigger. Using UI Scaling has caused issues as you are aware.

Well there's a start of my QQ post lol I hope this input helps to improve this beautiful UI.

11-25-08, 07:12 PM   #1715
StubbyG
A Defias Bandit

keybinding issue

Hi. First of all, love the UI and I've been using it for weeks now. I just updated to 4.0.3 today, and I'm having an issue with the new keybindings. I'm playing a balance/resto druid now, and when I switch back to caster form from cat form, the main bar shows my buttons for caster form, but the keybindings are stuck in cat form. I keep getting the error "must be in cat form." I seem to remember this being an issue in a much earlier version, but I thought it had been fixed. No problems with the last few versions, so I'll probably just go back to 4.0.2 for now. Love the GCD in the HUD now, btw.

I don't know if you're looking for feature requests until after you get a release candidate, so I'll save those for a future post to keep this one shorter. Except for the comments about the HUD. I agree about the frames around unit info for readability and mob level. Maybe when you get the GUI implemented you could let us customize what info we want displayed on the HUD and where.

That's all for now, keep up the good work.

11-25-08, 07:55 PM   #1716
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta v4.04.00 has just been released...

This update addresses more key binding issues and adds some more key binding features. I had hoped to add the new ctrl-alt-right-click option to action buttons to set key bindings on the current mouseover action button, but that didn't make it into this release. I'll try and get it hammered out for this weekend's release.

The primary purpose of this release is to fix a bug I introduced with the new key binding logic which accidentally lost the key bindings in a seemingly random way. That should be fixed now... at least I have been unable to reproduce the problem since the fix was made.

If you find any errors in this release, please post them at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16845 if at all possible. Otherwise, you can post them on any of the nUI comment boards or via direct e-mail to me at [email protected]

I would also like to point out for the benefit of those who were not aware of this, there are now several optional dashboard skins available for nUI as well as some other third party mod integrations. I invite you to check them out at http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=9108#optional -- I highly recommend bookmarking that page and checking it from time to time to see what new optional features have been made available for nUI. There are several planned in the very near future.

As always, my sincere thanks to everyone for their support.

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Issues:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- WotLK issues still outstanding... these cannot get addressed until after the release
of WotLK as there is no longer a valid working WotLK test server /sigh

* Add vehicle frame/mode integration to the dashboard

-- generic issues outstanding

* Talent browser is still broken

* Top right party unit frame is not showing its target button

* Range to target calculation is broken in WotLK

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

* Poison Pouch mod minimap button is missed by button bag

* Alpha Map minimap button is not scaling correctly in button bag

* Titan Panel is causing an error when the bottom bar is enabled

* Titan panel mouseover tooltips are not compatible with nUI's fixed position
tooltip option

Known Bliz / nUI compatibility issues...

* Right clicking a unit frame and selecting "set focus" taints in combat == this is
a known WoW 3.0.2 bug and beyond nUI's control. Hopefully Bliz will address it in
the next patch.

* Switching between windowed and non-windowed mode breaks nUI's textures and HUD -- this
is caused by a known Bliz bug in their video driver code and applies only to certain
graphics cards and video drivers. It is nearly random in terms of which mods it will
impact... anything from very complex to completely trivial mods are broken by this
bug but it is always mods that use custom textures. There is no fix. The only
workaround is to (a) avoid switching between windowed and non-windowed modes as much
as possible and use '/nui rl' to reload the user interface when it gets broken. It is
worth noting this bug affects Macs most often, but also impacts some PCs (such as
mine). This bug has been a round a very long time and no telling if or when it will
ever be fixed.

* If your mouse buttons 4 and 5 do not work for click-casting on unit frames, make
sure your mouse driver is sending mouse button clicks and not key presses. You can
do this by going to the key binding interface and trying to bind autorun to mouse
button 4. If the key binding does not say "Button 4" or "Mouse Button 4" then the
issue is your mouse driver or driver settings. Bliz does not support key-presses
as mouse clicks directly and mods like Clique cannot detect key presses in that way.

To-Do List / Planned features

* Move the default location of the party loot popup... it interferes with the dashboard

* The 15, 20, 25 and 40 man raid panels are not in the pre-release... both because I am
not quite satisfied with them and, again, I'm trying to not have to fix everything at
once... make sure the core stuff is all working, then add the bells and whistles if
you understand.

* Add Threat Bar back

* Add sorting of raid unit frames by raid group and class

* Add font size options for Chat and Combat log frames

* Add totem timers

* Add keybindings for button bag, unit panel, info panel and hud layout buttons

* Add bongos style keybinding feature to action buttons

* Add automatic unit panel switching for raids/parties, etc. (and an override option)

* Add audio cues for cooldowns, cc breaks, etc.

* Add DruidManaBar type functionality to unit frames

* Add 2v2, 3v3 and 5v5 unit frame panels for arena play

* Add Proximo functionality to unit frames for arena unit panels

* Add durability, wardrobe manager, ammo tracker and gold tracker to console buttons

* Add autobar style support for quest items, food/drink/pots, mounts, vanity pets

* Add option to set location precision to zero decimal places on coordinate display

* Add target marking tool a la LuckyCharms

* Add a swing timer

Version 4.04.00 (Beta)

* Fixed a bug in the new key binding logic that randomly lost current key bindings

* Modified action bar tooltips to not display while in combat lockdown... both as a
means to reduce screen clutter during combat and to eliminate a few screen updates
during combat. This does not apply to the pet bar or stance/aura/shapeshift bar yet

* Added current key bindings to the action button mouseover tooltip. (note, this applies
to action bars only at this time... the pet bar, stance/aura/shapeshift bar and the
possession bar will be added at a later time

* Modified key binding logic to load nUI's action bar key bindings from the default
Bliz action bars at login and to save nUI's action bar bindings back to the default
action bars at logout. In this way, if you disable nUI, your action bar key bindings
will not be lost.

11-25-08, 08:10 PM   #1717
KiwiiDawn
A Black Drake
Thumbs up

YAYA lots of hugs to you.

11-25-08, 09:27 PM   #1718
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This is way off topic...

Forgive me if I take a moment to take advantage of what little bit of a soap box I have here but this is something I had to share.

To be sure, I'm by no means an animal rights activist. To me, PETA stands for "people eating tasty animals" -- but all kidding aside, this is without a doubt one of the most horrific things I have seen.

Be warned: do *not* watch this video if you have a sensitive stomach or are easily upset. That said, if what I saw in that video is true, this is a cause I could get behind and ask you consider the same.

http://animalsaviors.org/

To be sure... I have done no due diligence on this group, so proceed with all due caution. But if it is even a little bit real, this is a word worth spreading.

As a matter of record, I came across this link on the page for Healbot Continued.

11-25-08, 10:36 PM   #1719
Heracy
A Defias Bandit
party frames

ok, so, the party frame doesn't show up at all. and by that i mean that i cant see who is in my party. they don't appear where they are supposed to, or anywhere else. I even tried a /rl and they still didn't appear.
There was no error generated, btw. At least, none that i remember.

11-25-08, 10:59 PM   #1720
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I presume you can see your own unit frame, correct? If that's the case, then note the red button below the right corner of the chat frame that says "Player" -- click that and it will switch to the party frame view. Click it again and it will switch to a ten player raid view. Eventually there will also be 15/20, 25 and 40 player raid views, as well.

There are two similar buttons -- one at the top center of your display that changes HUD modes and another at the bottom right that changes information panels.

EDIT: I just logged in and grouped real quick to be sure and the party frame view is working fine... presuming it is selected of course. If you have the unit frame panel in party view and you're not seeing party members Heracy, do me a favor and do a screencap and either post it here or e-mail it to me at [email protected] so I can look at it and try to figure out what the problem is.

Originally Posted by Heracy View Post
ok, so, the party frame doesn't show up at all. and by that i mean that i cant see who is in my party. they don't appear where they are supposed to, or anywhere else. I even tried a /rl and they still didn't appear.
There was no error generated, btw. At least, none that i remember.

Last edited by spiel2001 : 11-25-08 at 11:11 PM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement