Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
12-28-10, 09:50 PM   #1
treelet
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Grid + Beautycase

I previously had a copy of Grid I edited in order to work with Neal's !Beautycase addon. Since updating Grid (to the admittedly beta version) however, the same code no longer works. I've tried changing the frame name to several different things, but my knowledge of Lua is pathetic at best. I'm hoping someone can help me out.

Here is the OLD code I inserted into the GridFrame.lua

Code:
CreateBorder(self.frame, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
Here is the newest code I have tried:
Code:
 CreateBorder(self.prototype, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
Here is the error it kicks out:
Code:
[21:41:20] Interface\AddOns\!Beautycase\!Beautycase.lua:44: attempt to call method 'CreateTexture' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:600: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:598>
[C]: ?
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:604: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:603>
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedFrames.lua:742: in function `CallMethod'
[string "		RegisterUnitWatch(self)..."]:14: in function <[string "		RegisterUnitWatch(self)..."]:1>
(tail call): ?
Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:441: in function <Interface\FrameXML\RestrictedExecution.lua:412>
Interface\FrameXML\SecureGroupHeaders.lua:108: in function `SetupUnitButtonConfiguration'
Interface\FrameXML\SecureGroupHeaders.lua:158: in function <Interface\FrameXML\SecureGroupHeaders.lua:115>
[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:9: in function <[string "safecall Dispatcher[1]"]:5>
...rface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:543: in function `EnableAddon'
...rface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:635: in function <...rface\AddOns\Grid\Libs\AceAddon-3.0\AceAddon-3.0.lua:621>
[C]: in function `LoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:242: in function `UIParentLoadAddOn'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:265: in function `CombatLog_LoadUI'
Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:519: in function <Interface\FrameXML\UIParent.lua:492>
I'm probably just missing something stupid and simple, so any help in the right direction is appreciated. Google hasn't turned up anything, I've tried checking other UIs that have combined the two addons but they're using outdated version of Grid, and searching forums hasn't turned up anything except old info on skinning DXE.

EDIT: After more fiddling, the following works:
Code:
CreateBorder(frame.Bar, 12, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2)
BUT, the borders are underneath the indicators, which looks kind of crummy. Still trying to figure out a way around this.

Last edited by treelet : 12-28-10 at 10:08 PM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Grid + Beautycase