12-26-10, 07:31 PM   #1
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

Combat Countdown? Light/Simple Recount?

I've been back only a couple of months after a 2+ year break and I'm still tweaking my UI back into shape. I've found myself missing a couple things I used to have and can't find now...

1. I had what I think was a separate small mod that would put a countdown to exiting combat (perhaps also other cooldowns as well, I don't recall) to a frame in MSBT (I may be old and confused and it may have been a function of Parrot, which I used for a long time before switching to MSBT).
So it would show something like "Exit Combat 3" "Exit Combat 2" "Exit Combat 1" " Exit Combat"
Anything like that exist?

2. I see Recount is still being updated at WoWAce, but I was hoping to find something similar but less mem/cpu intensive as I recall it being and, obviously, not as exhaustive. I'm not really looking for a damage meter so much as I'm looking for something to do analysis of my own combat data.
Anyone have a recommendation?

Any insights are appreciated!
"I guess I kinda lost control, because in the middle of the play I ran up and lit the evil puppet villain on fire. No, I didn't. Just kidding. I just said that to help illustrate one of the human emotions, which is freaking out. Another emotion is greed, as when you kill someone for money, or something like that. Another emotion is generosity, as when you pay someone double what he paid for his stupid puppet." - Jack Handy
12-28-10, 11:42 PM   #2
Poreo
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
1 ) MSBT has something like that where it says -Combat or +Combat, unless you want something deeper

2 ) TinyDPS , small CPU usage, it's what I reccomend to everyone
12-29-10, 02:23 AM   #3
Chamenas
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You might want to give Recount a try just to see if it's still eating up your resources. If it's not, great, it will hopefully serve your purposes. If it's not giving the info you need then you're probably actually looking for something that does more than Recount.

As for a combat cooldown count, I'm not sure if that's even possible without some REALLY funky assumptions being made which would be rather difficult to make. Knowing when one enters or leaves combat is easy enough, but assuming that combat is about to end or about to begin is a stretch.
12-29-10, 03:33 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

TinyDPS or Skada should do what you're looking for, I think both eat a little less memory than Recount. That said, I've never experienced an issue with Recount myself.

And what Lulia said about exiting combat is pretty much spot on. Exiting combat is not based upon time, it's based on either being the last one still alive or, when running, the distance traveled since your last active hostile action towards the mob (which includes getting inside its aggro range).

12-29-10, 06:54 PM   #5
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

First off, thanks for the responses...

I'm using "+Combat" and "-Combat" obviously in MSBT, but I know that I unquestionably, absolutely had something that counted down to the exit of combat previously. It seems though that I should have been more specific, as I'm concerned only with PvP...

...and to quote WoWwiki:
In PvP, a player will leave combat if they have not attacked or been attacked for 6 seconds, or all the enemy characters that have attacked you are killed.
So, the point at which you will exit combat is definitely based on time and is calculable.

As far as data analysis goes, I thought TinyDPS was a damage meter essentially to compare your aggregate damage output to others (which Recount does also) and I'm not looking to do that...more just to see what skills are causing what % of *my* aggregate output (and what is missing/being resisted/etc). I'll give Skada a try and maybe give Recount another chance....I just remember back in the day it seemed to be a real resource hog...but that was a looong time ago.

Again, thanks for the responses!

Edit: Okay, I installed Recount and it's not what I remember it being...so yeah, I'm looking for something deeper than Recount.

Last edited by Rigorous : 12-29-10 at 07:38 PM.
12-30-10, 05:15 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Deeper than Recount? I'm not sure such a thing exists. What functions are you looking for that are not part of Recount?

12-31-10, 12:06 AM   #7
Rigorous
Noggenfogger Anonymous

ah...okay...my bad.

I found what I was looking for in Recount. Just have to RTFM and remember what I'm doing....

Found an old thread here where I said I was using Violation, but that looks to be outdated....so I guess I'll stick with Recount.

Thanks again for the input.

Last edited by Rigorous : 12-31-10 at 12:18 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Combat Countdown? Light/Simple Recount?