02-05-09, 03:03 AM   #81
MuseCitizen
A Defias Bandit
Right, i tried to load out of date addons and i got nothing, it was just the same as before. I have just downloaded the kgpanels, but this is where i get stuck, i am not entirely sure what i am to do. how exactaly do i go about "importing" the eepanel files into the kgpanel folder? im no wiz when it comes to computer laugauge, it confuses me!! anyway, if it all become too technical then i may just have to abandon it

Thanks to DarkStorm and Seerah for the help

MuseCitizen
02-05-09, 06:48 AM   #82
DreamStorm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
Just to be clear (off-topic as it is), kgPanels is by Kagaro, while eePanels was by EvilElvis. However, EvilElvis did abandon eePanels2 some time ago, allowing kgPanels to be its successor.
Duh! Of course; not like the addon name didn't give it away! Apologies to any authors who got the humpf.

Muse ... I am at work atm so can't check further than a slightly failing memory, but I think you run eePanels and kgPanels together initially. There should be an option within kgPanels menu list to import from eePanels settings. As I recall, it was not perfect in doing so. I had to tweak what came across up a little to match it up. There is still a forum running for kgPanels which could help you with this stuff. It is here.

Hope this helps some.

ultima ratio regum
02-05-09, 11:29 AM   #83
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
iirc, there is also an entry in the kgPanels FAQ (in the in-game options window) on how to import as well.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

02-19-09, 06:25 PM   #84
Maxkilla
A Defias Bandit
Exclamation Whers the addon button

I asked a friend who had some mods and he told me how to how to extract the file for light headed and put it on my add ons but when i go on my charater screen the Addon button doesnt show up
02-19-09, 07:32 PM   #85
DreamStorm
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

You have perhaps extracted it to an incorrect path. It should be (if e.g. your WoW folder is in C:\Program Files) "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\Lightheaded". WoW reads the *.toc file (table of contents file) in that Lightheaded directory and the ability to read this file is what allows WoW to load the addon and show that 'Addons' button in the character screen. So if the path to it is anything dissimilar to the example above it won't show. (You don't need to worry about the C:\Program Files part, it's really the rest of it that is the important bit).

If you are working with Vista, there should be other parts of this thread that should give some info on that score.

ultima ratio regum
03-28-09, 08:38 PM   #86
TheOneZak
A Kobold Labourer

Hey, I am new to "WOWInterface" and I think I am following all of the steps right, but when I install Carbonite, and I used the Wow updater thing that Wowinterface set up, I open World Of Warcraft, and go to the addon bar. The Carbonite addon says that has a dependency and needs an "nUi" file or something. And if it helps, the file name is nUI_InfoPanel_Carbonite . I am very confused.
03-28-09, 08:46 PM   #87
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by TheOneZak View Post
Hey, I am new to "WOWInterface" and I think I am following all of the steps right, but when I install Carbonite, and I used the Wow updater thing that Wowinterface set up, I open World Of Warcraft, and go to the addon bar. The Carbonite addon says that has a dependency and needs an "nUi" file or something. And if it helps, the file name is nUI_InfoPanel_Carbonite . I am very confused.

You grabbed a plug in for nUI. That isn't actually Carbonite, I -believe- you have to get Carbonite from it's own website, iirc.
03-29-09, 04:17 AM   #88
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by TheOneZak View Post
That's a plugin for nUI. You need the actual Carbonite addon from here.
04-18-09, 04:19 PM   #89
kekassassin
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Stalker

Yea i have downloaded a few addons from here on wowmatrix but it has been saying that "The official website for the addon appears to be currently down.Please try again later. Should the problem persist for over 24 hours, then something else could be causing this issue. In that case, please feel free to contact us." and it has been like that for over 4 days now plz help me v.v
04-18-09, 04:52 PM   #90
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
While we at WoWInterface have no affiliation with WowMatrix, and this is the incorrect location to post your problems with the program, please see this news post as to why WowMatrix is not working. You may use our own updater program for your addons (the current version works off of the Favorites list here), or follow the instructions in the first post of this sticky as to how to install your addons manually.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

04-23-09, 10:24 PM   #91
crazyflipcarlo
A Kobold Labourer
Ok, im not sure if this has been covered yet but my problem is weird: When I downloaded 3.1.1 my addons stopped working. At first I thought because they are outdated but no, the Interface folder is not being read at all. The reason I know is because I deleted the folder and opened WoW again, exited and checked WoW folder and Baaam no Interface folder. Also, whenever I raun the game, the User Agreement thing pops up everytime so...
I tried a lot of times and Interface folder won't show back up. Everything else was there WTF, Cache etc etc.

So heres what I did:
Disabled security programs
Turned off Firewall
Searched for duplicate 'wow' 'warcraft' worldofwarcraft' folders (nothing came up)
Uninstalled and Reinstalled WoW
I followed the "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\AddOns\< ModAFolderName >\< files >"

DID NOT WORK. I dunno what else to do. help pls.
04-23-09, 11:18 PM   #92
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Are you on Vista? With the 3.0 patch you would have been prompted to move your WoW install to a different directory. This location is given in the OP.

05-03-09, 01:37 PM   #93
Iyllarain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Problem with AddOns

Hello !

I'm also having some problems with AddOns and I can't seem to find the answer to my problem.

I'll take Carbonite as my example.

I download Carbonite.

Carbonite is then in my download folder.

I move it onto my desktop and from there I move it into the requiered folder
which ofcourse is WOW - Interface - AddOns (All my AddOns are here so I don't have this folder double, so that can't be the problem).

Oke, then I check the .toc .. Yep, that's correct.

I go into WOW check AddOns (Out of date enabled)..Still no Carbonite

I am on a MAC ....any change the makers of the AddOn don't support MAC in their files ?

Please help ! And if more info is needed please tell me how to provide it.
05-03-09, 02:00 PM   #94
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Just because you didn't explicitly say so...

You unzipped it, correct?
In your AddOns folder, do you have the 3 Carbonite folders like so?
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite
Interface\AddOns\CarboniteNodes
Interface\AddOns\Carbonite...(forget that module's name )

05-03-09, 02:33 PM   #95
Iyllarain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I think the MAC automatically Unzips it seeing how lots of other AddOns *do* work or (for example Overachiever) *did* work.

It includes:

Carbonite, CarboniteNodes and CarboniteTransfers.

P.S.: Thanks for the quick reply.

P.P.S.: I checked the .toc on all and that is correct.

Last edited by Iyllarain : 05-03-09 at 02:36 PM.
05-03-09, 02:46 PM   #96
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I don't think the mac auto extracts anything, but I don't know what extraction utility you use. Just to be clear, can you post the path to the Carbonite.toc file for me?

05-03-09, 03:01 PM   #97
Iyllarain
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3/Carbonite
05-03-09, 04:05 PM   #98
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Iyllarain View Post
/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns/Carbonite-3/Carbonite
It should be .../Interface/AddOns/Carbonite

Move all folders in Carbonite-3 one level up.
05-03-09, 04:53 PM   #99
datgrl
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place. I can't create a new post and have to reply to an old one. Anyway, here goes:

Trouble with Lightheaded
I installed Lightheaded and Doublewide. Doublewide works fine but Lightheaded does not.
The extract put the files in the same Addons folder with a unique sub-folder for
each of the addons (Doublewide & Lightheaded). The path
for the Addons Folder is:

mycomputername/Games/World of Warcraft/Interface/AddOns

The directory list for Lightheaded is:

Data (folder)
Images (folder)
LightHeaded_Data_A (folder)
LightHeaded_Data_B (folder)
LightHeaded_Data_C (folder)
LightHeaded_Data_D (folder)
LightHeaded_Data_E (folder)
COPYING
Dongle.lua
LightHeaded.lua
LightHeaded.toc
readme.txt

I have the "Load Out of Date Addons" checked and I click 'Enable All'.
Do I have to issue a special command while my quest log is displayed to
get the additional information displayed?

Thanks in advance.
05-03-09, 05:03 PM   #100
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thanks, FrankN - I had to run to the store.

@ Iyllarain:

The "Carbonite" at the end of your path there, is that a folder or Carbonite.toc?

In any case, your folder structure is incorrect. It should look exactly as I posted above (Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\Carbonite.toc plus some other stuff in there)

@ datgrl:

I'm not sure why you cannot create a new thread, but it looks like you have LightHeaded installed incorrectly. The data folders should be installed just like regular addons (next to the regular LightHeaded folder inside the AddOns folder).

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Having trouble installing addons?