07-15-20, 12:31 PM   #1
Naruos
A Defias Bandit
Question Clear raid target markers

I want to clear the Raid Targets from everyone in the raid.

At the moment,
Lua Code:
  1. for i=8,0,-1 do SetRaidTarget("player", i); end
is the only way I've found, but I figure I've missed something obvious. This way, all eight markers gets spammed as system messages.

I know that I have
Code:
/cwm 0
for the World Markers and thus there should be a better way to clear the target markers as well.

What am I missing?
07-15-20, 12:59 PM   #2
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Code:
SetRaidTarget("unit", 0)
See: SetRaidTarget
07-15-20, 01:50 PM   #3
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Fizzlemizz View Post
Code:
SetRaidTarget("unit", 0)
See: SetRaidTarget
Not exactly what the OP is asking for. Their posted loop does this in its last pass to clean up the mark on the player.

Unfortunately, there isn't a "clear marker by index" function like there is for world markers.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 07-15-20 at 01:56 PM.
07-15-20, 04:10 PM   #4
Kanegasi
A Molten Giant

The 0 index is exactly what OP is asking for. What OP wants is an easy way to clear all markers off the group without spamming messages. The 0 index at the end of the loop only clears the last marker off of OP, after spamming all marks on themselves to clear from the group.

Instead of the 0-8 loop, OP needs to loop through all group units using the 0 index. This will clear any marker they have with no message. This is easy with the group, but harder with non-group units, especially if a mark is on something that is still alive but no longer a valid unit.
07-15-20, 06:52 PM   #5
Naruos
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
Instead of the 0-8 loop, OP needs to loop through all group units using the 0 index. This will clear any marker they have with no message. This is easy with the group, but harder with non-group units, especially if a mark is on something that is still alive but no longer a valid unit.
You mean something like
Lua Code:
  1. s = IsInRaid() and "raid" or "party" ; for i = 1, GetNumGroupMembers() do u = s..i ; SetRaidTarget(u, 0); end
?

Yeah, that works for the raid I guess. I must admit I didn't realize it when I posted, that I worded my question to be about the raid members specifically. Well, at least I have my answer either way. I either accept the spam, or I clear it off raid members only.

If only IsRaidMarkerActive() hadn't returned the status for world markers instead of raid markers (or at least that's how I understood it), I could have used that to minimize the spam.

Thanks all of you for the help

Last edited by Naruos : 07-15-20 at 06:57 PM.
07-16-20, 10:23 AM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I was imagining situations where you have stray markers on mobs that don't have a valid UnitID, which would be a problem too.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Clear raid target markers