Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
07-09-12, 05:11 PM   #1
Rammoth
A Cliff Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
World of Enhanced Warcraft ENB Preview

Before I show you what it looks like so far.

Note that, I have contacted Blizzard Support and asked if these are breaking any policies or anything... they said no problem. They said you won't get banned using ENB's, because they're just like an Addon, you have control over it.

Also, I couldn't figure out if there is a policy on WoW Interface, about whether you can upload ENB mods or not.

It will consist of only 2 files, and they will not be in the Interface folder.

Instead they will go in where the World of Warcraft Launcher is located, the main directory.

The 2 files are mainly code, which enhance a lot of the graphic style in games, by adding things such as a much much better SSAO (Ambient Occlusion, and if it doesn't have it, it will add it), Improved Shaders, Improved Shadows, God Rays (Sun Rays, but more realistic).

What is ENB:

ENBSeries is the project of graphic modifications for games. The main idea is to allow every gamer to configure how game looks like for their own taste, so every player could share settings with others. Many games may look much better and ENBSeries is the easiest way to improve them.
If there is no ENBSeries version for game you wish to modify, just try several avalable, may be one of them will work.

(Directly from the main website for ENBs here: http://enbdev.com/index_en.html)

If you don't like this, you don't have to use it - but I do and I thought others might too, so here you go:

ORIGINAL:

NOW THE CHANGES:

What I did is downloaded the GTA4 ENBseries Mod from the website there, and configured it to run with WoW, and it can be tweaked. So after uploaded, anyone is welcome to tweak it and re-upload with their own configuration.

Experimentation is important. Right now this is in the early stages. There are other WoW ENB's out there.

For those that don't know what WoW is, it's World of Warcraft abbreviated.

Note: Some features are not shown in screenshots, I am not sure why. Which is why it's hard to identify which one is modified. I don't know how to make videos, so at the moment there isn't one. But there will be eventually.

Last edited by Rammoth : 07-09-12 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Added more screenshots, and updated.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » World of Enhanced Warcraft ENB Preview