Quantcast
Sound mod for gatherer posible? - WoWInterface
02-14-08, 06:09 PM   #1
ragz45
A Defias Bandit
Sound mod for gatherer posible?

I use the Cartogropher addon for my gathering and harvesting needs. But many times while traveling i don't stare at my minimap while wondering around. Would it be posible to make a mod that works in tandem with gatherer/ cartogropher, that plays a noise when something you are tracking comes onto the minimap?

I guess this would also work if you were a hunter and had track humanoid/beast etc on.
02-14-08, 07:51 PM   #2
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ragz45 View Post
I use the Cartogropher addon for my gathering and harvesting needs. But many times while traveling i don't stare at my minimap while wondering around. Would it be posible to make a mod that works in tandem with gatherer/ cartogropher, that plays a noise when something you are tracking comes onto the minimap?

I guess this would also work if you were a hunter and had track humanoid/beast etc on.
Nope. Not possible for any mod to detect whether there are nodes there or not.

How gatherer/cartographer/etc all work.. when you are within a specified range of the node, the icon is changed to a circle.. so that if the node is there, you'll see the dot.. if its not there, you wont see the dot.. but the circle remains.. those addons cant tell if something is actually there until you mine(or otherwise interact with) said node.

break19
02-14-08, 08:16 PM   #3
ragz45
A Defias Bandit
That stinks, i remember there used to be that ICU mod. That was pretty similar to what i was looking for.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Sound mod for gatherer posible?