11-21-11, 12:29 PM   #1
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Transmogrification

Ok can someone explain this to me. Yes ive read boards. Iam still confussed. Will this just change one tier gear to look like another? Or can we use any peace of gear? I know youll have to acctually have the old peace. Dose this mean Bliz is going to change the drop rates? I sure not looking forward to spending hours to get something. Specaly since alot that dont drop worth crap. I do like the idea in being able to get a look i like or love.
11-21-11, 01:17 PM   #2
Darkehoofe
A Kobold Labourer
Transmog will allow you to alter the look of one piece of gear that you own to appear to be another piece you own. For example:

You are currently wearing Helm A, a random green drop from Twilight Highlands. You decide you'd prefer to wear the helm from your T9 set. Provided that you own that T9 helm, you can spend some gold and Helm A will look like T9.

If I remember correctly, the following conditions must be met:
  • You must own the piece you want to use the look of
  • The piece you are changing can only be of green, blue, or purple quality
  • The armor/weapon types must match (plate can only look like plate, leather can only look like leather, 1 hand swords can only look like 1 hand swords)
  • You must be able to equip both items (so if you are a level 45 warrior, you can't transmogrify your armor to look like T13)

Granted, there are a couple of other rules around transmogrifying, all of which are listed here:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583

As for drop-rates, I haven't heard/seen anything stating they would do this. However, for the dungeon gear, you will be able to buy those sets from the Darkmoon Faire after 4.3 hits. They will cost Darkmoon Tickets from the looks of it.
11-21-11, 02:27 PM   #3
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
Buy the dungeon gear. So the tier 1 sets will be bought. Now that be great! I hadnt read anything like that. Or it didnt sink in. Some of times it just tmi.

Thanks
12-09-11, 04:59 PM   #4
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
HUmm new wonder.
To trans something it must be plate to plate (or what ever). So dose it matter if it says druid,pally ect?
12-09-11, 08:17 PM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It has to be an item that you can normally equip and be of the same item type.

/edit: you can see all the rules above.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

12-09-11, 09:02 PM   #6
kasca
A Frostmaul Preserver
I missed it

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Transmogrification