07-10-14, 11:38 PM   #1
ImaginaPix
A Kobold Labourer
Versioncheck does not work correct

Hi,

nice to see that Minion is now able to manage WoW Addons.

At the moment I see two problems:

1) Older version as via curse
Ok, I think this is nothing you can do anything about - this is for information only

2) Versioncheck does not work correct
Since I use curse client at the moment I already have newer or the same version installed than the one Minion knows about, but Minion wan't to downgrade/reinstall instead of leaving it on the newer/same version.

Both can be seen in the attached screenshot.

System: OS X 10.9.4

Hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Minion-versionproblem.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	140.9 KB
ID:	8137  
07-11-14, 11:10 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thanks for posting this and we will look into it. Some of those it should be able to see its the correct version. Some reason Minion is finding a difference and wants to update just to make sure you have the same version as we do.

If you go ahead and update Minion will be able to track the versions of those AddOns from then on.

FYI:
I had to temporarily disable WoW support for Minion due to a game detection bug. It was causing extremely slow loading times for those that did not have WoW installed. I hope to be able to turn it back on very soon.

Last edited by Dolby : 07-11-14 at 11:13 AM.
07-19-14, 12:19 PM   #3
lavadrop
A Murloc Raider
Having some issues with versions too

How did you get ACP 3.4.8? My Minion shows 3.4.7
07-19-14, 12:37 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
3.4.7 is the version here. 3.4.8 is the version the OP actually has installed, from Curse: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/acp
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-19-14, 02:07 PM   #5
lavadrop
A Murloc Raider
I see, thank you. OTOH, I'm getting Al-Art-Auctionator on my installed addons but I have the actual Auctionator addon installed.
07-19-14, 04:50 PM   #6
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thanks for that comment about them getting confused. For now, just right-click it and tell it to ignore updates. The version of Auctionator on WoWInterface is over 4 years old and not current anyway. It's in the "Outdated" category. Not sure if that is why it's not recognized correctly.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-20-14, 01:04 PM   #7
lavadrop
A Murloc Raider
I wish I could. I can confirm now that Minion overwrote my Auctionator addon.
07-20-14, 01:22 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
That's why we added the version numbers to compare. But sorry for your troubles. Reinstall from Curse. and right-click in Minion to ignore updates.

(I use Auctionator, too, and need to get my updates from Curse as well.)

08-29-14, 01:48 AM   #9
ckaotik
A Fallenroot Satyr

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I also noticed that sometimes the packages from WoWInterface don't match those on curse, since curse's packager might add automatic change logs or whatever. In those cases, Minion also detects a wrong version.

Example: BonusRollPreview
- had 50400.18-Release installed from Curse which contained a changelog
- Minion said I was using 50400.15-Release and suggested to update
- After the update, it was recognized as the correct version and the changelog was deleted.

Maybe we should just ignore .txt files? But that could cause many leftover files. Or when checking you also recognize a combination of ##Interface and ##Version and accept the addon version if its WoW based files don't differ (e.g. *.lua, xml, tga, blp)? That might mean way more overhead though, since a simple checksum on the whole addon folder is not enough
10-22-14, 09:43 PM   #10
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Is it possible to make an "report wrong version" button in Minion so you can directly see which addons are being a problem?
10-23-14, 06:04 AM   #11
Ogriku
A Murloc Raider

Some of the versions I have already on my computer either from Curse, WoWAce, Curseforge ect, when I open minion it asks me to download the old version.

Just the fact the author hasn't updated the addon to WoWinterface yet?

Last edited by Ogriku : 10-23-14 at 08:27 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Versioncheck does not work correct