01-13-06, 11:16 AM   #41
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Meltin
I think this mode is really great, though, i just found a bug :P

i don't know why but it only affects the first player in your party, i'll give you a screenie :P
hope you know how to fix this
Thanks for the post, do you have any more details about this? Such as what conditions it occurs under, etc. I don't recall ever seeing a problem like this and I can't come up with anything that would cause it to be Priest specific.
01-13-06, 11:18 AM   #42
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Red face Thanks

Originally Posted by PepperNoodles
The simplicity of this addon is what makes it golden. The only thing I'd like to be changed is to have the Power Word: Shield icon added (like someone else already mentioned). Aside from that I think it's fookin' perfect. Please don't retire.
You have no idea how happy you just made me. Thank you.

Watch for version 1.4 which I expect to release with in the next week or two. Unless something unforseen comes up, PW:S buttons should make it into 1.4.

P.S. Remember to rate it.

Last edited by Esamynn : 01-13-06 at 11:20 AM. Reason: corrections
01-13-06, 03:53 PM   #43
Meltin
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by jbcc
Thanks for the post, do you have any more details about this? Such as what conditions it occurs under, etc. I don't recall ever seeing a problem like this and I can't come up with anything that would cause it to be Priest specific.
No i got no idea, when i first played with the mod in a maraudon run i thought it was great, until a guy told me i healed bad but couldn't understand what he meant because he was on full health, then when i targeted him i saw he was dead :P
Allthough i didn't know if it was groupheal that messed up because i had installed some other mods too.

Then when the patch came groupheal was "too old" so i went through some instances and it worked all fine. Then i rememberd that it's just to change the version in the groupheal.toc to 10900 instead of 1800 or wahtever it was..
And then again someone who i thougt had full health was calling for healing :S
01-13-06, 08:12 PM   #44
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
No i got no idea, when i first played with the mod in a maraudon run i thought it was great, until a guy told me i healed bad but couldn't understand what he meant because he was on full health, then when i targeted him i saw he was dead :P
Allthough i didn't know if it was groupheal that messed up because i had installed some other mods too.

Then when the patch came groupheal was "too old" so i went through some instances and it worked all fine. Then i rememberd that it's just to change the version in the groupheal.toc to 10900 instead of 1800 or wahtever it was..
And then again someone who i thougt had full health was calling for healing :S
I think the issuse is probably related to some other AddOn you are running because GroupHeal doesn't interact with the HP bars of party members at all. The best way to check for sure is to disable all your AddOns except GroupHeal or if you don't want to do that, try disabling any AddOns other AddOns that change how your Party member Frames behave.

Also, as a generally rule, changing the TOC number of AddOns you don't develop is a bad idea. Simply check the Load out of date AddOns option and load GroupHeal/RaidHeal anyways. The reason you don't want to change the TOC number is because if you do that for a bunch of AddOns and then one starts causing you problems you have no idea which ones are "out of date" any longer.

Last edited by Esamynn : 01-13-06 at 08:22 PM. Reason: more info
01-15-06, 05:36 AM   #45
Meltin
A Defias Bandit
well, the thing is that it didn't say anything about load anyway :P
01-16-06, 02:45 PM   #46
goranden
A Murloc Raider
similar experience

I downloaded groupheal for first time on friday so my experience is limited. However
I have experienced a couple of the effects mentioned by others. I did LBRS raid
on saturday and got yelled at for being lousy healer even though my party was
full health when i looked at bars. Might be a conflict but I dont have a large number
of addons. Just wanted to mention this due to previous poster.
The other thing is that if i try typing /raidheal i get booted from game with no
hesitation, just crashes WoW. This was when I was not in raid so might be a
problem to look at. This was mentioned in the download section but i dont think
that person reposted here. I use CTRA.
Looking forward to 1.4

Last edited by goranden : 01-16-06 at 02:50 PM.
01-16-06, 11:07 PM   #47
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by goranden
I downloaded groupheal for first time on friday so my experience is limited. However
I have experienced a couple of the effects mentioned by others. I did LBRS raid
on saturday and got yelled at for being lousy healer even though my party was
full health when i looked at bars. Might be a conflict but I dont have a large number
of addons. Just wanted to mention this due to previous poster.
Could you and Meltin please post or PM to me a list of your AddOns, maybe there is a common one causing the problem. The other thing to check is that next time you see the problem occur, mouse over the buttons for the person you are having the problem with and see what rank GroupHeal is saying it would cast on them.

The other thing is that if i try typing /raidheal i get booted from game with no
hesitation, just crashes WoW. This was when I was not in raid so might be a
problem to look at. This was mentioned in the download section but i dont think
that person reposted here. I use CTRA.
Looking forward to 1.4
RaidHeal's configuration should be available (ie. not crash WoW), even when not in a Raid. I have been trying to find anything that could potentially cause such a problem, but I haven't been able to think of anything. If you are able to reproduce the problem you could try running only CTRA and GroupHeal/RaidHeal, and disable all your other AddOns. Also make sure you don't have a FrameXML folder in your Interface directory. If it doesn't crash with that setup then the problem lies else where, or there might be some very strange conflict, in which case if you tell me which AddOn is causing the conflict I will look at it, but I can almost guarantee that such a conflict would be the other AddOn's fault (knocks on wood).
01-17-06, 01:48 AM   #48
goranden
A Murloc Raider
Raidheal
I was able to reproduce the crash tonight. With only groupheal and raidheal enabled
I crash out of WoW when I type /raidheal. This happens with my 60NEpriest,
40Dwarfpriest, 36human pally and my 37undeadpriest. The message I get is

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0x85100084) Fatal Exception
Program: E:\games\World of Warcraft\WoW.exe
Exception: 0xC0000005 (ACCESS_VIOLATION) at 001B:006D4730

I did have a frameXML folder in my interface folder (don't recall which addon put
it there). It was empty. I removed it but it had no effect.

Additional Note:
Ok this is weird it stopped crashing with my undead priest and opened
the raidheal panel. After I was logged out for a while it went back to crashing
again the next time I logged in. No idea what i did to get it to stop, but it did work
just briefly.

Groupheal
I did not get into a group tonight but I did stand in front of a raptor for a while and
watched my heal and flash heal spells scale with damage. The odd thing was that
my renew spell did not scale but showed top rank(5) without change.
I will try it again in a group in a day or two. I will post if I find anything else that
might be useful.
01-17-06, 11:20 AM   #49
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by goranden
Groupheal
I did not get into a group tonight but I did stand in front of a raptor for a while and
watched my heal and flash heal spells scale with damage. The odd thing was that
my renew spell did not scale but showed top rank(5) without change.
I will try it again in a group in a day or two. I will post if I find anything else that
might be useful.
Healing spells like Renew which have a Heal over time feature are not scaled by GroupHeal, and instead it simply selects the highest rank that can be cast on each target.

As for the crash problem with RaidHeal, I am quite baffled at the moment as to what could be causing the crash. RaidHeal is a LoadOnDemand AddOn and so it sounds like something it is doing while it is being loaded is causing you to crash. One other thing could could try is moving the WTF folder onto your desktop (don't copy it) and deleting your WDB folder. The WTF folder contains all of your settings and Saved Variables so moving it out will cause WoW to reset back to defaults, and you will need to disable all of your AddOns again to test with only GroupHeal/RaidHeal. If this solves the problem then you can either leave the old WTF folder out, or you can go through it looking for every file in ever subfolder that has RaidHeal in its name and delete them all. Doing that should allow you to copy your old WTF folder back in, thus restoring your settings, without bringing the crash back.

Alternatively, if you are computer savy, you can just start by finding all of the RaidHeal files and deleting them instead of moving the entire WTF folder. I may be grasping at straws, but I am all out of other ideas at the moment.
01-18-06, 08:21 PM   #50
goranden
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunately, I have to offer further baffling results. I removed my
WTF and WDB folders to another location to get my interface rebuilt
from scratch. After I was satisfied my characters and stuff were still
in good shape I installed groupheal and raidheal as my only addons.
Groupheal still seems to be fine. Raidheal gave me the same crash
when I typed /raidheal. I have so far not bothered with the crash
report to Bliz but I will send one in the next time to see if it produces
any response or suggestions for remedy. I read somewhere else on
these forums that it should not be possible for user addons to crash
the client and Bliz would like to know if such things occur. You might
want to consider sending in a report as an author and see if they
respond to it. It's certainly odd that I am the only one having this
problem since I have never had any other trouble with addons. It's
hard to imagine that it is hardware related but the options are dwindling.
Oh, well c'est la vie.
01-19-06, 10:44 AM   #51
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I'm sorry to hear that RaidHeal continues to crash your client. I will continue to dig for a potential cause. All I can suggest at this point is that you wait for 1.4 as it is possible that something I change for that version may solve your problem. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
01-23-06, 04:07 AM   #52
Melarina
A Murloc Raider
hi, i really love your addon. the fact that it is simple, without a whole bunch of extra junk that i'll never use is really nice. even the source code was pretty readable (had a peek at how you are doing range checking -- awesome!!!)
01-24-06, 07:59 PM   #53
Adahma
A Murloc Raider
Is there any possibility that you could support Discord Unit Frames? I could see how this might be difficult due to the nature of DUF, but was just wondering if it was a possibility? I've seen some very nice frames made with it, and would love to go there, but have stuck with Perl Classic just cuz I can't give up my GroupHeal. Thanks!
01-25-06, 10:54 AM   #54
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Adahma
Is there any possibility that you could support Discord Unit Frames? I could see how this might be difficult due to the nature of DUF, but was just wondering if it was a possibility? I've seen some very nice frames made with it, and would love to go there, but have stuck with Perl Classic just cuz I can't give up my GroupHeal. Thanks!
Please post a download link and screenshots. The easier you make it for me, the sooner I will get to it.

I will look into supporting them, but I make no promises.
01-25-06, 11:23 AM   #55
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
I think this mode is really great, though, i just found a bug :P

i don't know why but it only affects the first player in your party, i'll give you a screenie :P

<ScreenShot from original post removed>

hope you know how to fix this
It seems that this bug is actually a problem with the game client and should be fixed in 1.9.3. It is not related to GroupHeal and can randomly appear for anyone. The problem appears to be related to zoning in some fashion.
01-26-06, 05:21 PM   #56
Melarina
A Murloc Raider
I had to make the following two changes for player buttons to be displayed correctly with the current version of GypsyMod.

Cheers,
Mel

in GroupHeal.lua ~ line 1190
Code:
	elseif ( IsAddOnLoaded("Gypsy_UnitBars") ) then
		--player
		PlayerButtonPosition.x = 3;
		PlayerButtonPosition.y = -2;
--              PlayerButtonPosition.point = "BOTTOMLEFT"
	        PlayerButtonPosition.point = "TOPLEFT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativeTo = Gypsy_PlayerFrameExpBar;
--		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMRIGHT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMLEFT";
01-27-06, 09:00 AM   #57
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Melarina
I had to make the following two changes for player buttons to be displayed correctly with the current version of GypsyMod.

Cheers,
Mel

in GroupHeal.lua ~ line 1190
Code:
	elseif ( IsAddOnLoaded("Gypsy_UnitBars") ) then
		--player
		PlayerButtonPosition.x = 3;
		PlayerButtonPosition.y = -2;
--              PlayerButtonPosition.point = "BOTTOMLEFT"
	        PlayerButtonPosition.point = "TOPLEFT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativeTo = Gypsy_PlayerFrameExpBar;
--		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMRIGHT";
		PlayerButtonPosition.relativePoint = "BOTTOMLEFT";
Thanks for the post. I don't always keep up to date on the UnitFrames I am supporting because I use the default ones myself. I will double check this change and add it for 1.4.
02-06-06, 11:49 AM   #58
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
bump

Bump because of and update to the opening post.
02-07-06, 02:25 AM   #59
MegaSoum
A Murloc Raider
Your addon is trully AMAZING!!!! But I have 2 request that would enhance it even more! First of all, of course the Power word shield button. I know you are already working on that. And secondly, I think the addon really need a pet healing fonction. The only time I play my priest is when I'm with one of my friend who play a Warlock. I have to heal is voidwalker often and its kinda suck that I have to do it the old fashion way for him hehe.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
02-07-06, 11:11 AM   #60
Esamynn
Featured Artist
Premium Member
Featured
Portal Site Announcement

Please take advantage of WoWI's new author portal sites and post your bugs and feature requests on my portal site at http://jbcc.wowinterface.com/portal.php

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » GroupHeal