07-31-06, 06:46 AM   #61
ylarion
A Defias Bandit
Hi cirk,

it took me some time to find out whats happening. It has nothing to do with other AddOns. Instead it seems, that when i lock the chatFrame, that the button for your AddOn jumps back to that frame at the beginning of the next session.
07-31-06, 12:38 PM   #62
Fin
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by ylarion
Hi cirk,

it took me some time to find out whats happening. It has nothing to do with other AddOns. Instead it seems, that when i lock the chatFrame, that the button for your AddOn jumps back to that frame at the beginning of the next session.
Are you using MoveAnything? If so, are you 100% sure that you haven't used it to modify CM's button? Just an idea.
08-02-06, 08:10 AM   #63
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by ylarion
Hi cirk,

I've not been able to reproduce this at all here Ylarion. Once I move the Chatmanager button somewhere (using the CTRL key to drag it) it stays where I left it, no matter where I move my chat frame to, lock or unlock it, or toggle on/off hiding of the chatframe scroll buttons.

Are you able to reproduce this behaviour with no other addons loaded at all (apart from Chatmanager )?

Cheers
Cirk
08-02-06, 06:19 PM   #64
ylarion
A Defias Bandit
Hi Cirk,

right now i have the problem to reproduce this behaviour good enough to get a hint whats triggering it. When i know how to reproduce it (and what other AddOns may conflict with it) i'm going to post again. Its definitely not an AddOn that moves anything around cause right now i neither use MoveAnything nor Visor or Discord Frame Modifier.
08-17-06, 08:41 PM   #65
Annwn
A Defias Bandit
I started using this a few weeks back and it's got me addicted...great add-on, both for making channel management painless and for linking stuff in channels!

I was wondering if it would be difficult to add in channel mutes (like un/checking the channelname on the chat window tabs) to the interface menu? Also, would it be within scope to add the ability to squelch guildchat in the same way?

Another idea/request would to be able to enter a RGB value for channel colors, or some other way to standardize them across several characters.

Last edited by Annwn : 08-17-06 at 09:20 PM.
08-23-06, 08:50 AM   #66
nezroy
A Kobold Labourer
It would be cool if Chatmanager stored channel colors by channel name, rather than by number (or at least had an option to do so). Basically what ConsisTint does:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5213

In retrospect, maybe it already does this and it's just not listed anywhere, I dunno. Maybe I should go disable ConsisTint and find out .
10-04-06, 10:22 PM   #67
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Chatmanager 1.12.0 is now available (sorry for the long delay, real-life doth sucketh for timely updates). Changes from 1.11.4 are fairly minimal and are:
  • The correct sticky channel is restored when pressing escape from a partially completed chat message.
  • Join Channel and Edit Note dialog boxes now close properly when Enter is pressed.
  • Invalid channel numbers no longer match up to a valid channel when starting a new chat message.
  • Gracefully handle invalid channel names passed to GetChannelName from other addons (was making users think it was Chatmanager's fault).
  • Fixed up bugs in Chatmanager relating to changes in other addons with 1.12.
  • Added Suicide Kings' custom channel to the list of channels that Chatmanager recognizes as special cases.
  • Updated version and TOC interface number for client patch 1.12.

Originally Posted by Annwn
I was wondering if it would be difficult to add in channel mutes (like un/checking the channelname on the chat window tabs) to the interface menu? Also, would it be within scope to add the ability to squelch guildchat in the same way?

Another idea/request would to be able to enter a RGB value for channel colors, or some other way to standardize them across several characters.
Hi Annwn. I have thought about that from time to time (including having Chatmanager recognize colors on a per channel basis if you have that option selected) but as yet I don't have any concrete plans in this regard. Maybe post these suggestions over on my portal so I don't forget them?

Originally Posted by nezroy
It would be cool if Chatmanager stored channel colors by channel name, rather than by number (or at least had an option to do so). Basically what ConsisTint does:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5213

In retrospect, maybe it already does this and it's just not listed anywhere, I dunno. Maybe I should go disable ConsisTint and find out .
Nezroy, I'm guessing you are basically asking for the same thing I mentioned above in response to Annwn's thought about RGB color entry, and yep I can see this would be a very nice thing to have.

Cheers
-- Cirk
10-06-06, 08:40 PM   #68
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Just uploaded v1.12.1, which has a couple of bugfixes:
  • Fixed a bug resulting in a nil reference to a table occassionally.
  • Fixed a bug where Chatmanager was reseting mouse scroll access to the chat frame windows even when its own scroll feature was disabled.

Cheers
-- Cirk
10-09-06, 11:27 PM   #69
Cat
A Defias Bandit
Key bindings for Individual Channels

Please implement the ability to put keybindings for starting messages for respective channels?

For e.g. private channel 1 = shift enter, private channel 2 = ctr enter, raid chat = alt enter

MyChannel addon is able to bind the key but only for one private channel so that is the downside of it. Am still using it because of the keybinding feature for starting msg.
10-10-06, 01:55 AM   #70
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Cat
Please implement the ability to put keybindings for starting messages for respective channels?

For e.g. private channel 1 = shift enter, private channel 2 = ctr enter, raid chat = alt enter

MyChannel addon is able to bind the key but only for one private channel so that is the downside of it. Am still using it because of the keybinding feature for starting msg.
I added this for you in 1.11.2 Cat:

Originally Posted by Cirk
I've just uploaded version 1.11.2 of Chatmanager, which has a lot of new features or fixes that people have asked for:
  • Added key bindings for Say, Party, Raid, Guild, Officer, and the 10 chat channels (this one for Cat).
-- Cirk
10-10-06, 05:22 PM   #71
Cat
A Defias Bandit
Red face

Opps didn't see that and just updated the addon. Thanks!!! luv this mod
03-19-07, 03:14 AM   #72
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

After a long break, I'm back! First updated addon off the ranks is Chatmanager, which has now been updated to 2.0.0.

Before I continue, a huge HUGE thanks to Kortanis for maintaining Chatmanager (see his version here) and some of my other addons while I've been away from the game. Kort, you rock, thanks man!

Changes in 2.0.0:
  • Modified Chatmanager's hooks into the default client's APIs to allow it to function correctly with the WoW 2.0 client.
  • Added right-clicking on the Chatmanager menu button to bring up the chat menu if you have the default chat menu and scroll buttons hidden.
  • Left-clicking on a player to target them is currently disabled, but may be added back in a later version.
  • Added support for linking enchants in private channels.
  • Fixed up item linking support for ChatLink to match Yry's changes for the WoW 2.0 client. (You will need to be using the latest version of ChatLink for this).

Cheers
-- Cirk
04-17-09, 06:10 PM   #73
AussiedeviL
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up Feature request

Hi Cirk,

Thanks for writing this Wicked Addon dude its been really helpful!!

i have one feature request tho would it be possible to add the players level in brackets and have the names in class colors. i had a quick try at lua programming using libwho but it was a complete fail

cheers
AussiedeviL
04-18-09, 11:27 PM   #74
sylvanaar
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Wow I had to look twice.
04-19-09, 12:07 AM   #75
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Thread necromancy FTW!

Also, I believe you're looking for Sylvanaar's addon Prat.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.
04-19-09, 06:39 AM   #76
Cirk
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Necromancy indeed! To be honest I never look at these any more, or even expect postings here (I just expect them on the addon's own comments page ).

AussieDeviL, I replied to you on the addon's page btw (basically it can't be done easily with the APIs that Blizz provides us today).

-- Cirk
ps: Go Aussie!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Cirk's Chatmanager