08-22-06, 05:17 AM   #41
Shabador
A Murloc Raider
I have the same problem. Stuttering. The above command prints out 40264 for me.

EDIT: With your new version, the stuttering is gone. But... (Allways a but) something has gone wrong with it. When I try to press the move anchor button, I get this error:

Code:
...AddOns\coolDown\Libs\IFrameFactory\IFrameFactory.lua:55: attempt to index field `Objects' (a nil value)

Last edited by Shabador : 08-22-06 at 05:36 AM.
08-22-06, 05:44 AM   #42
SuperTech2k
A Kobold Labourer
Same error for me. Can't move the Bars and therefore a deleteable mod.
08-22-06, 05:57 AM   #43
wereHamster
A Black Drake

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by SuperTech2k
Can't move the Bars and therefore a deleteable mod.
You guys are always so pessimistic..
08-22-06, 06:02 AM   #44
Shabador
A Murloc Raider
I'm not. I bet it was just a simple typo or something, and that you're done with 0.3.0.3 now, ready to upload. If not... God help me, I will smite you down! GIEF 0.3.0.3 NOW!
08-22-06, 06:03 AM   #45
JoshBorke
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Poke him in the eye with a sharp stick!
08-22-06, 06:04 AM   #46
wereHamster
A Black Drake

okok.. fixed in 0.3.0.3 ... and sorry for all the trouble I've made you
08-22-06, 06:12 AM   #47
Shabador
A Murloc Raider
Wohoo! Thanks for your hard work. This is by far the best cooldown mod available.
08-22-06, 07:00 AM   #48
tknice
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Shag
Please tell me why you feel the urge to change the color every other day. If you have a strong reason for that, I may change my mind and write a configuration UI.
It was late last night and I appologize for being so harsh.

It is not about an urge to change the colors every day. Consider this. I have probably 50 addons, 3/4 of which Blizzard probably should have included with the game. Every time I have to reconfigure any one of those 50 addons (could be a format of the PC, a new character where the settings are not global, a screen resolution change, or even something as simple as moving one around), I shouldn't have to look the addon up in one of three different sites to figure out what to type in the console.

"/sct", as an example, is one I've had no trouble remembering in the past. It comes up with a nice, flexible UI, for configuring all the options. I was testing a different addon the other day with a simple interface, and I tried a bazillion combinations when finally, "/error_redirect options" worked. Since most of my time is spend raiding, there is a difficult pull around every corner. I can't be looking on the websites and trying all sorts of commands to customize things.

That's the long answer.
08-22-06, 07:24 AM   #49
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by tknice
Every time I have to reconfigure any one of those 50 addons (could be a format of the PC, a new character where the settings are not global, a screen resolution change, or even something as simple as moving one around), I shouldn't have to look the addon up in one of three different sites to figure out what to type in the console.
There are options you set once or twice, like the colors or minumim durations. And there are options you may need to change often, moving the frame is one of them (and the only one I can imagine), and moving around coolDown really IS simple, no need to remember slash commands, just use the minimap icon.
11-03-06, 09:08 PM   #50
bekayoh
A Kobold Labourer
I've been using this mod forever, and its one of my very few *must have* addons. I love all the changes that you have made in allowing people to customize it. Thanks for the hard work.
08-23-07, 08:42 PM   #51
Lorilay
A Defias Bandit
Not getting a minimap button...any idea why?
08-23-07, 09:21 PM   #52
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Probably because it's incompatible. Last update to it was "09-15-2006 05:24 AM" and last activity in this thread was last November.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-24-07, 03:51 AM   #53
Lorilay
A Defias Bandit
Well, technically I was referring to the updated version on wowace, but since there is no wiki for it over there, I figured someone over here might have an idea. Thanks for all your help though.
08-24-07, 09:31 AM   #54
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
ahh... I wasn't aware that was by the same author. I don't know much about that addon. The wiki was probably lost in the database crash/wipe and never rebuilt. Do you get any errors with it?

Try a different addon like Hourglass or something.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-27-07, 05:10 PM   #55
Lorilay
A Defias Bandit
I love how lightweight this addon is and everything about it, but since I reinstalled I need to be able to reconfigure it (hence the need for the minimap button). Barring that, all I really need to do is change the anchor location. I can't find any x,y coordinates in the lua file though. Any ideas?
01-09-08, 12:47 PM   #56
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Working on a new version. You will be able to create several 'docks', each with its own set of cooldowns. For example one dock for spells, one for inventory items, one for pots etc.

For those who want a preview, go grab the addon at files.wowace.com (I think it's broken atm though). For the others, please tell me which other features you'd like
01-11-08, 03:27 PM   #57
Sulin
A Kobold Labourer
Can someone give me simple instructions on how to move the docks around the screen please? I am lost without my lock/unlock minimap button, which disappeared with my last addon update.
01-12-08, 05:30 PM   #58
wereHamster
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Sulin
Can someone give me simple instructions on how to move the docks around the screen please? I am lost without my lock/unlock minimap button, which disappeared with my last addon update.
/ifm

but I suggest you don't use unreleased addons, saves you quite some trouble...
01-15-08, 03:28 PM   #59
Mock
A Black Drake
woho, good to hear you will continue this addon But i was wondering if you have fixed the bug with spells that ends cooldowns i.e. Preparation or Cold Snap?
02-21-08, 03:26 PM   #60
Slipp
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs up

Hey, I just found this thread when I went looking for how to configure the new version of coolDown.

I just wanted to say I've used this addon for a long time, and I love it. Thanks for all your work on it, and for answering questions here in the forums.

- Slipp / Hyjal

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Shag's coolDown