04-14-08, 09:57 PM   #1
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
line 349

ok trying to do this again, and im going in to the file and changing what is said to change. Thanks to one of the posters for telling me to turn wordwrap off .

Now this is the problem im having with this i changed the line but still was having the problem of not getting the second mazzify button. so checking for errors it says calling for the setcvar in line 349 is a nil value.

after turning on the status bar i found that in my file line 349 is actually setcvar("combatdamage","1")

line 341 is the setcvar unitplayername one. now ive still changed it since it was the one nearest to it but the error im getting is saying line 349 which is the combat one. is there something that im doing wrong here?

Ok i put the original file back in and went to make the changes again, did them and now the error im getting is still 349 but it is the second line of the fix
setcvar unitplayerenemyplayername line that is giving me the error it says a nil value

just to be clear here is the exact error from bugsack

1.(x1) Mazzifier-1.1\mazzifier_configs.lua:349: attempt to call global 'setcvar' (a nil value)

and this line is the file is

SetCvar(UnitNameEnemyPlayerName", "0")

And just so im clear on this, I have made all the changes as instructed in the post about it. I have went over the file with a fine tooth comb and the find option to make sure i changed all lines that needed changed. but this is the error i get.

Also i found that one of the posters found that if she/he only mazzled the last three setting pages she could mazzify i tried this and it worked the first two setting i cant check or no second button. I have removed aloft to see if that would help but still nothing. If i check either of the first two options i get no second button and the above error is what pops up in bug sack and it is the only thing that comes up with i hit the mazzify button

Last edited by yimano : 04-15-08 at 01:05 AM.
04-15-08, 10:00 AM   #2
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr

should be

SetCvar("UnitNameEnemyPlayerName", "0")

maybe the missing quote is giving you the nil value.
04-15-08, 12:06 PM   #3
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
no i just misprinted it here the quotes are in the file like they are suppose to be. but tks for a reply
04-15-08, 03:03 PM   #4
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by yimano View Post
ok trying to do this again, and im going in to the file and changing what is said to change. Thanks to one of the posters for telling me to turn wordwrap off .

Now this is the problem im having with this i changed the line but still was having the problem of not getting the second mazzify button. so checking for errors it says calling for the setcvar in line 349 is a nil value.

after turning on the status bar i found that in my file line 349 is actually setcvar("combatdamage","1")

line 341 is the setcvar unitplayername one. now ive still changed it since it was the one nearest to it but the error im getting is saying line 349 which is the combat one. is there something that im doing wrong here?

Ok i put the original file back in and went to make the changes again, did them and now the error im getting is still 349 but it is the second line of the fix
setcvar unitplayerenemyplayername line that is giving me the error it says a nil value

just to be clear here is the exact error from bugsack

1.(x1) Mazzifier-1.1\mazzifier_configs.lua:349: attempt to call global 'setcvar' (a nil value)

and this line is the file is

And just so im clear on this, I have made all the changes as instructed in the post about it. I have went over the file with a fine tooth comb and the find option to make sure i changed all lines that needed changed. but this is the error i get.

Also i found that one of the posters found that if she/he only mazzled the last three setting pages she could mazzify i tried this and it worked the first two setting i cant check or no second button. I have removed aloft to see if that would help but still nothing. If i check either of the first two options i get no second button and the above error is what pops up in bug sack and it is the only thing that comes up with i hit the mazzify button
Hmm odd, my line 349 is the EnemyPlayerName line. I note in the error it states Mazzle 1.1. The current one all these fixes are based on is 1.11. Are you sure you have downloaded and applied 1.11 with Detard's fix and addon pack?
04-15-08, 03:43 PM   #5
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i noticed that too and went back and made i got the right one i did the only one i got is 1.11 but it say that in my error not sure why but it does and i applied huntards fix unless that does something to change it but it shouldnt
04-15-08, 04:20 PM   #6
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

i noticed that too and went back and made i got the right one i did the only one i got is 1.11 but it say that in my error not sure why but it does and i applied huntards fix unless that does something to change it but it shouldnt
It will say 1.1. 1.11 is the same as 1.1 just not all the addons. I assume you meant Detard's fix not huntard's? Dont know huntard's.

When you click the Mazzify button, what is the last line in your chat box?

Is it possible to cut and paste your mazzifer_config.lua from around 335 -355 so we can have a look to make sure something isn't funny in there?
04-15-08, 04:51 PM   #7
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok check this out, and lol yes i meant detards not huntards.

reading through more posts i came across one of someone who clicked custom mode and it worked so i tried this and viola presto i got my second button yay!

now as far as i can tell the only thing that is NOT working is the character models/portraits. mine are stuck up in the left hand corner of the screen this is the only problem im having at this moment anyways.

On one of my characters the models are where they are suppose to be but she was the one i was playing with when experimenting and somehow they got put in the right place but mazzifying any other character using the custom setting and still clicking all the things seems to work fine except for these models any ideas of what might be causing this?

ok i shouldnt say everything is working exact as suppose to but its playable still missing a few things and the portraits. the portraits as odd as it may seem are a big thing for me cause they way they are smashed up in the corner i cant see life and mana readings at all and when tabbing through mobs/enemys its to hard to see what i got targeted

Last edited by yimano : 04-15-08 at 04:57 PM.
04-15-08, 07:07 PM   #8
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

If the unit frames are up in the default location (the upper left hand corner), then it sounds like DUF (Discord Unit Frames) is having issues. Did you follow the instructions in the first post about fixing DUF errors?
04-15-08, 07:09 PM   #9
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
thanks actually i didnt do that was so focused on this cvar thing but went back and seen that and just did it and my portraits are good to go only major thing i think im missing atm is the equipment bar that goes on the right side of the screen trying to figure out what mod that is, if you happen to know the name of it please let me know gotta figure out where that went it was very handy for some of the equipment i got

Last edited by yimano : 04-15-08 at 07:33 PM.
04-15-08, 10:02 PM   #10
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
itemrack I think is the name of the one you are talking about.
04-15-08, 11:24 PM   #11
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

thanks actually i didnt do that was so focused on this cvar thing but went back and seen that and just did it and my portraits are good to go only major thing i think im missing atm is the equipment bar that goes on the right side of the screen trying to figure out what mod that is, if you happen to know the name of it please let me know gotta figure out where that went it was very handy for some of the equipment i got
As was stated in the previous post it is indeed itemrack.
04-16-08, 11:31 AM   #12
yimano
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
ok tks gonna play around with that

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » line 349