06-26-08, 06:46 AM   #1
Curtix
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Cool Questhelper

I was using quest helper before I got my MAzzle UI.
GREAT BTW BEST EVA.
I got it installed and all tweaked to my liking and thought I would just add quest helper FTW.
But I can not move the quest tracker.
Same problem as this guy:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?p=93102
Any chance Questhelper can get some help.
Rock On!
06-26-08, 08:19 AM   #2
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
You can do a /qh track to remove it and just use the nquestlog tracker that is in mazzle. To actually move it , try this thread
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ht=questhelper

There are several solutions there.
06-26-08, 08:32 AM   #3
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
Ok just tested easiest way to fix, disable all addons except questhelper.

If text is still on bottom where map was do /qh treset. The look for the white marker in upper right hand move it to where you want. Log out enable addons back. Or if you want click enable all then load back up and mazzify again to fix everything.

After that you should have your menu where you moved it and can still move it if you choose.
06-26-08, 09:06 AM   #4
Curtix
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Yes _ I will most likely disable all but QH and do the move. I guess I was hoping there was a way to move it within the game with Mazzle running since it seems Mazzle is preventing it. I would really like to see it integrated.
Thanks
06-26-08, 09:34 AM   #5
Tokugawa
A Fallenroot Satyr
once you move it to where you can select the anchor, you can move it when mazzle is running.
06-26-08, 11:36 AM   #6
Brem
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Curtix View Post
Yes _ I will most likely disable all but QH and do the move. I guess I was hoping there was a way to move it within the game with Mazzle running since it seems Mazzle is preventing it. I would really like to see it integrated.
Thanks
It may appear that it's preventing it, however that's not actually true. Questhelper by default binds to the lower edge of the minimap and Mazzle moves the minimap to be flush with the bottom edge of the screen. So, it's not *preventing* it, just making it's (default) bind point unusable.

-----------------
MazzleUI Beta Tester
06-26-08, 12:38 PM   #7
Curtix
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Brem View Post
It may appear that it's preventing it, however that's not actually true. Questhelper by default binds to the lower edge of the minimap and Mazzle moves the minimap to be flush with the bottom edge of the screen. So, it's not *preventing* it, just making it's (default) bind point unusable.
I understand your point. Let me say it another way. If Mazzle UI is running I am incapable of moving the Questhelper Tracker form its default location. To be able to move it I have to prevent Mazzle from loading. So even though it is not preventing me, it will not allow me to move it from its default location when it is running.

Rock on!
06-30-08, 08:13 PM   #8
Ruxl
A Kobold Labourer
What I have done to get QuestHelper to work...

At char select, go into addons, deselect all and then manually select QuestHelper.
Load into game
type /qh treset
move the onscreen "helper" text into the middle of the screen via the small white box
log out
go into addons, enable all, and log back into game.

Takes ~2 minutes once you are used to it
07-01-08, 06:27 AM   #9
Curtix
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Right on. Thanks.
now I need to figure out what is causing the questhelper nav arrow to not show.
I have to do /qh settings --> Disable then /qh settings --> Enable to get it to show.
This is such a great interface though.
07-02-08, 04:12 AM   #10
TheGMan
A Defias Bandit
Right on. Thanks.
I have to do /qh settings --> Disable then /qh settings --> Enable to get it to show.
Curtix...as I understand it, you should also have Cartographer installed to see the arrow in QH. Hope this helps.

Peace,

G!
07-02-08, 05:49 AM   #11
Curtix
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I have the Cart that comes with Mazzle. If that correct? Keep in mind I do see it after I disable/enable.
07-02-08, 08:28 AM   #12
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Right on. Thanks.
I had the same problem with the Questhelper/Cartographer Waypoint combination. Every time I logged in the waypoint arrow would not show. Typing /qh cartwp twice would bring it back. This was a little to annoying so I disabled Cartographer Waypoint and installed TomTom instead. Works much better.
07-05-08, 03:09 PM   #13
frigga
A Murloc Raider
why not ask the right person to change it?

i had the same problem as u but i have always used mazzle tracker + quest helper and all i did was to hide quest helper tracker (that i have never used anyway)...
But well, took me a few to realize that was a quest helper thing and not nquestlog minion moved around...

And when i saw your post i wondered: why are u asking mazzle to solve a problem of an add-on he doesnt support instead of send a message to the guy that does the add-on and ask him if he can change the default anchor???

Telling u the truth i think its stupid to put a default anchor anywhere else but the middle of screen, specially when u cant change it using provided settings...

And about cartographer im not sure what is your problem but if u use look and feel thats the problem! questhelper ants and icons now disappear when u make your map transparent (didnt test with the new version but probably its the problem)

if u want UI and addon to be more "integrated" then ask the guy that makes it to make it more flexible...

Thats just my opinion!!! The guys here are great and love to help and answer the questions nicely... but if u ask things in the right place u perhaps can have what u want much easier...

regards
07-13-08, 04:18 AM   #14
Jordro
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Ruxl View Post
What I have done to get QuestHelper to work...

At char select, go into addons, deselect all and then manually select QuestHelper.
Load into game
type /qh treset
move the onscreen "helper" text into the middle of the screen via the small white box
log out
go into addons, enable all, and log back into game.

Takes ~2 minutes once you are used to it
I tried this and it really messed with my mazzle bad. Gave me circle buttons and all. The odd thing is everything up to mazzle 1.15, this wasnt a problem and I was using mazzle 1.15 until yesterday. That annoying "someone else has a newer version of gogo mount" is what made me upgrade to version 1.18 but if I dont find a solution to this questhelper littering up my mini map soon then I will just go back to ver 1.15.

If I hide the tracker, all of questhelper goes away.
07-31-08, 10:20 AM   #15
Squidtg
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jordro View Post
I tried this and it really messed with my mazzle bad. Gave me circle buttons and all. The odd thing is everything up to mazzle 1.15, this wasnt a problem and I was using mazzle 1.15 until yesterday. That annoying "someone else has a newer version of gogo mount" is what made me upgrade to version 1.18 but if I dont find a solution to this questhelper littering up my mini map soon then I will just go back to ver 1.15.

I just used his advice and it worked perfectly with mazzle 1.18 core. When you go to the addons from the char load screen make sure you don't have "all" chars selected, just the one you want to change now. Then make note of any addons that are not loaded for that char so you can restore only those addons after you've moved qhtracker.
10-10-08, 09:46 AM   #16
Kestrelon
A Murloc Raider
QuestHelper Tracker Fix

Woohoo! SCORE!!!

After reading many of the other posts in this thread, I decided to tinker around a bit myself. I love QuestHelper, but as many of you have found, I too had my tracker minion stuck on the minimap and wasn't able to reach the white handle to move it. I use a LOT of addons, so the idea of disabling and re-enabling them all was a nightmare; there had to be a different way...and I think I found it! It takes a bit more screwing around, but it worked!

One proviso: By default, Blizzard creates it's own UI folder, which I renamed to "Blizzard Interface" (referenced below) and left alone so I had a clean interface to use for things like this. If you deleted or modified it, just rename your current interface folder to something else (Step 1 below) and WoW will create a new default Interface folder for you when you log into the game.

The Process:
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Step 1 - Go to your World of Warcraft folder and rename your Interface folder to something you'll remember later. ("Interface Current", for example)

Step 2 - Wander into the Addons section and copy QuestHelper to the clipboard.

Step 3 - By default, Blizzard should have placed an entire section of Interface folders in the parent WoW directory. (Blizzard Interface, Blizzard Interface Art (enUS), Blizzard Interface Data (enUS), etc etc etc.) Find the folder marked Blizzard Interface, (see proviso above if you can't find it), browse into the Addons section, and paste QuestHelper in there.

Step 4 - Rename the Blizzard Interface folder to Interface

Step 5 - Log into WoW, making sure to only check QuestHelper for ONE character, preferably an alt you don't use a lot. (Better safe than sorry; it's easier to fix a small number of blunders on an alt than have to redo all your careful placement and tweaks on a main. )

Step 6 - Enter the realm; you should now have nothing on your screen except the standard, default Blizzard UI (YIKES!!! ) Your minimap will be back in the upper righthand corner. Type "/qh track" if you don't see the minion and it should appear right under the minimap.

Step 7 - Hover over the text and a small white box should appear somewhere around the border of the frame, allowing you to move the tracker. (Look close! ::grin:: If you have your scale turned way down, it may be very hard to see, but it's there somewhere!) Drop it around the middle of the screen or at least somewhere you'll be able to reach it again later. (I noticed as I moved it around, the window itself seemed "smart"; the handle shifted around the frame, depending where I moved it on the screen.)

Step 8 - Log out of WoW completely

Step 9 - Go back into your WoW directory and rename your Interface folder back to "Blizzard Interface", then change your original UI folder back to Interface.

Step 10 - Log back into WoW and double-check your Addons to make sure they have all returned. (You shouldn't have lost anything as far as settings or what addons were used for what characters, since the WTF and Cache folders were never touched in this process.) Select the guinea pig character that has QuestHelper enabled, log into them, and move the tracker to your heart's content!

I just did this same process on both my system and my wife's...it worked flawlessly in both cases. I hope it works for you too!

~ Kestrelon
10-10-08, 01:33 PM   #17
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Jordro View Post

Sounds like you have the watched filter on... use /qh filter watched.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Questhelper